Transatlantic/Repositioning entertainment and activities

Considering a repositioning cruise for my husband and I on Ovation next year. I've read about dining options and additional menus in the MDR for longer sailings, but I'm curious about the entertainment and activities (other than Bingo) onboard during stretches of 5 days or longer at sea. Are there additional headliners onboard and/or extra production shows? Basically, is there "new" entertainment each evening or do some of the shows repeat throughout the cruise?

Are there additional headliners onboard and/or extra production shows? Basically, is there "new" entertainment each evening or do some of the shows repeat throughout the cruise?

Yes, other/new stuff is added on longer sailings.

+ 1 mostly.....but they do seem to run out of shows sometimes lately.....

There used to be a lot more variety but they have cut down on the shows too!:rolleyes:

We've seen a show every night on our transatlantics. Though I think because of the variety of guest nationalities, they tend to be musical / visual acts and not comedians.

+ 1 mostly.....but they do seem to run out of shows sometimes lately.....

There used to be a lot more variety but they have cut down on the shows too!:rolleyes:

Have only sailed longer 10-17nite cruises last 15yrs, 4-6ea of them last 3yrs and never had this issue. Always something new and different...

Quality, not recently. But 20-30 years ago Royal had real named entertainers. The Spinners. Temptation's, even was on one cruise that had two of the band "The Monkees"

Edited by ONECRUISER

We had it happen 2 x now that there was no show for the night - only a "game" of some sort.....

Well, now that you mention it, they did do Love & Marriage one night.

I remember seeing 'the Drifters' on one TA cruise, it depends on the CD too with activities, one CD on Vision (Steve Davies) is fantastic at putting on a full program of activities on the crossings, We've been on others where they showed a movie one night as entertainment and not a great one either!

A lot of the entertainers hop on and off the ships on the TA's getting off at one stop and onto a different ship the next day as they all seem to cross in the same time frame.

I think overall thought the activities have dropped off, I recently found a compass from a crossing 11 years ago and it was so full the print was really small to get it all in, these days they pass off bingo and paid for wine tasting it seems almost daily, but great if that's what you like.