Spirit brands on Odyssey?

bingley2000

First time on Seabourn coming up late September out of Venice. I see spirits are included, but can someone give me examples of what brands - specifically Scotch, Bourbon and Vodka? I assume one can pay extra for super-premium branks like Johnny Blue, but what's included in the regular stock? :cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:

Vodka - Ketel One, Grey Goose, Belvedere,Finlandia and the usual suspects like Absolut, Stoli and Smirnoff. I've seen Zubrowka too but I don't think it's always available.

There are likely others but I tend to stick to the first four I've listed.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2650780

Might be similar to the one(s) found on Encore? *edit - sorry the link above is wine only*

I'm sure if you really like something you can always ring Seabourn or email customer service and see whether they can put it in your MiniBar or if it's not inclusive, what the charge would be.

I'm sure if you really like something you can always ring Seabourn or email customer service and see whether they can put it in your MiniBar or if it's not inclusive, what the charge would be.

You can certainly do that but make sure to give plenty of advance notice.

Also, another thing for new SB cruisers to bear in mind is the state of your minibar when you embark. Even if you complete the online preferences form* in the My Reservations section of the SB website, sometimes your selection will not be in your minibar. Various reasons for this but I suspect that the main one is that the more experienced room stewardeses just decide to wait until they introduce themselves to the guests in each suite to find out exactly what they'd like.

* The online preferences form doesn't show all the brands available either.

You can certainly do that but make sure to give plenty of advance notice.

Also, another thing for new SB cruisers to bear in mind is the state of your minibar when you embark. Even if you complete the online preferences form* in the My Reservations section of the SB website, sometimes your selection will not be in your minibar. Various reasons for this but I suspect that the main one is that the more experienced room stewardeses just decide to wait until they introduce themselves to the guests in each suite to find out exactly what they'd like.

* The online preferences form doesn't show all the brands available either.

Thanks. When I looked at that form under MyResv I was a bit surprised at how few things were available. And you could only pick two!

Thanks. When I looked at that form under MyResv I was a bit surprised at how few things were available. And you could only pick two!

Loads more choice onboard.

And you can change selections as you go along so if you order e.g Jim Beam at the beginning of your cruise, a few days later you need a replacement you can ask your stewardess for e.g Grey Goose instead. If she's one of the particularly skilled ones, you'll hardly ever see her, she'll service your suite beautifully twice a day but blink and you miss her. Leave her a nice note with your requests.

You don't need to choose in advance. When you board tell your stewardess what you want and it will usually be there within an hour or two.

You don't need to choose in advance. When you board tell your stewardess what you want and it will usually be there within an hour or two.

Indeed. The chief housekeeper told us on one sailing that they bring in provision boxes of the most common ones (i.e the ones listed on the preferences section of the registration) just so the stewardesses can grab and go as they have to do some kind of check out with the bottles. But once they have the first two bottles, they can work with the bar manager to trade out for anything you want.

You can also talk to the bar manager about any special preferences if its unusual. We've had great success with that. On our last sailing, Martin made sure our fridge stayed stocked with several different Belgian beers that my fiancé likes. They weren't available on the general list but we always had a personal stash.

Speaking of trading out bottles, one thing we've discovered with some (not all) suite stewardesses is that if we have a bottle brought up with room service and don't finish it with dinner but instead put it in the fridge or on the bar, when we finish it is often replaced as well... so we have at times had 4-5 bottles in various states in our suite because of empty wine bottles from dinner also being replenished. YMMV.

Does that mean when we order room service and request wine - rather than a glass they will just bring a bottle? Does it apply to champagne too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they'll bring you a bottle of wine.

Champagne is not so clear cut. In my early days on Seabourn, before I realised how vile Nicholas Feuillaté is, I ordered it a couple of times from room service and they always brought a bottle.(I haven't ordered it for years now and my welcome bottle always remains unopened). However I have read posts here on CC stating that a room service order for it has resulted in a glass being brought rather than the whole bottle.

If you have a spirit preference that is not usually available on board, simply email SB Club in advance and request it. They'll research availability and let you know if it's possible to get it for you and whether there will be a surcharge. I've requested Pyrat Rum on several cruises and it's always been waiting for me in our suite. At no charge!

Yes they'll bring you a bottle of wine.

Champagne is not so clear cut. In my early days on Seabourn, before I realised how vile Nicholas Feuillaté is, I ordered it a couple of times from room service and they always brought a bottle.(I haven't ordered it for years now and my welcome bottle always remains unopened). However I have read posts here on CC stating that a room service order for it has resulted in a glass being brought rather than the whole bottle.

Thanks. We were tempted to throw in a few bottles of decent champagne into our cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bourbon options include:

Jim Beam

Makers Mark

Jack Daniels (technically not a bourbon but Tennessee Sipping Whiskey!)

A couple of others have also been onboard on various Seabourn cruises as well...

They also have a few single malts - usually about 4 - in the included list, some of which are pretty good, plus Remy Martin cognac. You will find pretty top brands on Seabourn on the included list, like Grey Goose, Ketel and Belvedere vodka etc. And if you like cocktails, you can specify which spirit you want. My favourite pre dinner drink is a Negroni, with Bombay Sapphire gin and the usual Campari and Martini Rosso.

Bourbon options include:

Jim Beam

Makers Mark

Jack Daniels (technically not a bourbon but Tennessee Sipping Whiskey!)

A couple of others have also been onboard on various Seabourn cruises as well...

I’ve seen Knob Creek and Woodford available as well but I have no idea if they are standard stock as I only drink bourbon occasionally.

At home, we stock our bar cart with Basil Hayden and Bulleit, both of which I find make a lovely Manhattan or Old Fashioned, especially with Luxardo cherries. 😋

For scotch, in addition to a handful of good single malts, you can get Johnny Black included and some others of the same level.

I do know that they had Glenmorangie, Macallen and Glenlivet when we were on Soujourn.

I drink bourbon so I definitely paid the most attention there. This is from last summer, I definitely need to go on seabourn soon to update this list!

All bars have Makers Mark and Jack Daniels.

The bar in the club also had Basil Hayden and Woodford Reserve Double Oaked.