Just off the vista! Looking into other lines!

helene109

Sometimes bigger isn’t always better! We tried to avoid the buffet as just too many people! Loved the specialty restaurants and imax and thrill theater!

Guy was even on board!!

Tell me about Royal and NCL’5a153d38f4aa6869341b13d66f68b69e.jpgeb0cfeec79041d6281f1e8673d8310cd.jpg53489138da0fb0daf7bcda40990fbde1.jpgbe5eee73106a73675f77d8e8b95dd5cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sometimes bigger isn’t always better! We tried to avoid the buffet as just too many people! Loved the specialty restaurants and imax and thrill theater!

Guy was even on board!!

Tell me about Royal and NCL’5a153d38f4aa6869341b13d66f68b69e.jpgeb0cfeec79041d6281f1e8673d8310cd.jpg53489138da0fb0daf7bcda40990fbde1.jpgbe5eee73106a73675f77d8e8b95dd5cb.jpg

Maybe try on their threads. Happy sailing

We have found them to be more similar then different. We are not a fan of the food on NCL but others love it so I guess it is subjective. If you like to get a drink package sometimes NCL can be a great deal. There are similar complaints about crowding on all the lines.

We book based on the itinerary and price with the cruise line and ship being secondary considerations.

We have found them to be more similar then different. We are not a fan of the food on NCL but others love it so I guess it is subjective. If you like to get a drink package sometimes NCL can be a great deal. There are similar complaints about crowding on all the lines.

We book based on the itinerary and price with the cruise line and ship being secondary considerations.

Thanks looking at ships out of Port Canaveral your input helps

I have cruised Carnival, Princess, NCL and Royal. I keep coming back to Carnival. They are all pretty much the same.

Royal, we cruised on the Liberty of the Seas in the Med and did NOT like the food at all. If fact, I lost 10 lbs that cruise!!! :')

We do enjoy NCL, but sometimes the cost is prohibitive.

Both Princess and NCL seemed to have older cruisers.

Other than that, we found them to be more alike than they claim to be!

Just remember, nothing is "free."

Thanks any other differences that you can think of?

We find that NCL is a higher socioeconomic demographic, but it might just be the specific cruises we have taken. Haven't been on Royal yet but have one booked. We have sailed on the Vista and loved it overall but the buffet was too crowded, too hot, and not everyone in there used silverware.;p Lots of dirty dishes stacked around. Our kids like the kids club much better on Carnival. We like both but find Carnival a better value. Service overall is better on Carnival. But on NCL the room stewards are much more thorough. If you do Carnival again, I recommend one of the smaller ships, very different experience than Vista. Oh, and we think the food on both is awesome. DH loves the NCL buffet. Talks about it occasionally.

NCL's newer ship have a waterfront deck that is great for getting away from the crowds.

Grab a drink , relax and enjoy looking out to sea!

There really are more similarities than differences.

I've yet to encounter bad food on any cruise lines (Carnival, RCI, or NCL. Although food is very subjective.

NCL has your time dining just show up at any of the 3 MDR's put your name in . You will be seated in a few minutes.

One other thing about NCL. Not sure if you have kids, but NCL sometimes limits how many kids can get into the kids club. Like you will show up and they will tell you they are full. There were a lot of not happy kids waiting outside the kids club waiting for kids to leave. When one kid would leave, they would let another one in. Kind of annoying. Also, they have a lot of cool stuff on the top deck on their new ships, but VERY limited hours when those things are open. Not due to weather, just limited period.

We have found the people who work in the kids clubs on Carnival amazing. Better than DCL.

Instead of thinking about avoiding the crowds on Carnival vs. Some Other Line, think about the size of the ship you book, instead. We love Carnival, but no longer sail on anything larger than Spirit class. We don't want to be on board a ship with 5,000 other people. You will find plenty of ships on many cruise lines that are smaller than 100,000 GT.

Regardless of which line you choose, my recommendation is to avoid the end of June, all of July and almost all of August (the last week might be okay).

Kids are out of school so many of the 3rd and 4th (even 5th) berths are filled putting the ships close to, or at, capacity. This leads to more people on the ship, and more crowded areas - especially areas like the buffet and early dining.

Instead of thinking about avoiding the crowds on Carnival vs. Some Other Line, think about the size of the ship you book, instead. We love Carnival, but no longer sail on anything larger than Spirit class. We don't want to be on board a ship with 5,000 other people. You will find plenty of ships on many cruise lines that are smaller than 100,000 GT.

Good point looking out of Port Canaveral! Thanks

Guy was even on board!!

Tell me about Royal and NCL’

I can't tell you about RCI for comparisons, but Carnival is my go to then MSC and NCL.

NCL would have to put on one heck of a deal to lead me that way. The knock for me on NCL was the food and having to book where I wanted to be and not getting seats for where I wanted to be and seeing empty seats with shows being "sold out". NCL does have the fish in the carpet to lead me in the correct direction.

Carnival I am use to it because I have been on it a few times and booked for 2019 and 2020

Guy was even on board!!

Tell me about Royal and NCL’

I can't tell you about RCI for comparisons, but Carnival is my go to then MSC and NCL.

NCL would have to put on one heck of a deal to lead me that way. The knock for me on NCL was the food and having to book where I wanted to be and not getting seats for where I wanted to be and seeing empty seats with shows being "sold out". NCL does have the fish in the carpet to lead me in the correct direction.

Carnival I am use to it because I have been on it a few times and booked for 2019 and 2020

Yes we are use to Carnival have been on 7 cruises! Just wondering how royal compares! Thanks

Except the Royal demographic would probably tell you they are better

That’s as much a stereotype as the Walmart one for carnival. I’ve had a great vacation on both. I don’t think one line or their demographic is better. It’s just different, and up to personal preference.

I took one Royal cruise. It was good. The buffet was a little better than Carnival, but the specialty restaurant (Italian) was the worse meal I ever had on any cruise line. MDR was equal. The entire staff was not as friendly as Carnival. We don't do shows so I can't compare those. I would sale Royal again if the price is right, but I am fine and always have fun on Carnival. I would sail any line that fit my timeline and budget, although for some reason I have no desire to sail NCL, but I guess I would try it if the price were right. Ironically, the worst customer service experience I had was on Disney, but it was just one hostile waiter, not anyone else on staff.