Luggage Tags (Plastic)

charlielinda

I have both sizes which I purchased through Cruise Critic. They are great and, IMO, the only way to go.I printed out our tags and all are installed ready to go for our August 24 cruise on Solstice. The other size has been used on Carnival.

Dan

I bought them on Amazon some years back, and they have held up through many cruises. They are inexpensive and come in packs with enough tags to share. (Unless you are a serious over packer! )

Buy them once and you will never have to go the trouble of using the tape method each time again.

Just make sure you order the right size. There are wide ones and narrow ones to accommodate the different cruise lines.

I bought them on Amazon some years back, and they have held up through many cruises. They are inexpensive and come in packs with enough tags to share. (Unless you are a serious over packer! )

Buy them once and you will never have to go the trouble of using the tape method each time again.

Just make sure you order the right size. There are wide ones and narrow ones to accommodate the different cruise lines.

I got mine from my travel agent

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

I love them so much that we have even used them for the ones mailed to us. I prefer the plastic loops over the metal ones but that is just my preference. I believe that if a tag gets caught on something, it is flexible and less likely to snap. I have had that happen on regular luggage tags.

The plastic luggage tags have a secondary purpose and that is when travelling from home to port an open in case of lost template giving all contact details en route and cruise details the template is inserted into the luggage tags, being replaced by the cruise details on embarkation day.

We have a set especially for the travel template and on some trips have a number of different versions that cover a number of flights and hotels. The templates can be filled in on line which make for a neat product

Link is below

Mike

http://www.cruisebagtags.com/nz/CruiseTag-Templates

I bought the wide set first, and they actually work fine for the narrow tags as well. I’ve tried just putting them in and they’re ok, because my tag holders have a seal across the top. Also, a little creative folding will make them the right width.

Just get the wide ones, they work for all cruise lines. You don't need special narrow ones for Celebrity and RCI.

I bought the wide set first, and they actually work fine for the narrow tags as well. I’ve tried just putting them in and they’re ok, because my tag holders have a seal across the top. Also, a little creative folding will make them the right width.

(y)

Where do I find the plastic loops folks are talking about instead of the metal ones. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are several sites online where you can purchase these. This site won't allow me to show where I purchased mine.

Sue

Edited by shofer

I wasn’t able to order my luggage tags to be mailed so I was wondering if anyone had purchased plastic holders for “printed from home” tags. I’m afraid just the “paper” tags aren’t strong enough. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

07bc57a97eeaef11b1f338ebaa8e7cc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These are what I use and I love them! Bought on Amazon and have used them multiple times and have used them for plane travel as well.

It’s an option, but when we got on Solstice in Vancouver in May, they had one porter writing tags for those who needed it. The queue was astonishingly long. I think my money was well spent. The cost has come down to a few pennies per tag, per cruise, now that I’ve used them for a few years.

I bought the Amazon tags because it is more difficult for thieves to get through wire than paper or plastic.

Glenn:cool:

I haven’t heard of bag tag thieves. Is this a thing? And if it is, could they not just unscrew the little fitting on the cable?