Luggage Tags (Plastic)

charlielinda

I wasn’t able to order my luggage tags to be mailed so I was wondering if anyone had purchased plastic holders for “printed from home” tags. I’m afraid just the “paper” tags aren’t strong enough. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

07bc57a97eeaef11b1f338ebaa8e7cc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wasn’t able to order my luggage tags to be mailed so I was wondering if anyone had purchased plastic holders for “printed from home” tags. I’m afraid just the “paper” tags aren’t strong enough. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, look on Amazon. Search for cruise luggage tags.

The paper tags will work. I've had to go this route in the past because my ordered tags didn't arrive. I brought a pocket stapler and attached them after collecting my luggage from the airport baggage claim. The luggage porters at the pier are pretty good about taking care with the tags. another option is to use clear packing tape and just tape the whole tag flat near the luggage handle. This only works well if you have hard case style luggage. Just my experience.

CM

I have the plastic ones from Amazon and they are great.

Many in our family still use the paper ones. After printing and folding, just cover them with wide clear plastic tape. Makes them very durable!

I love the plastic luggage tag covers that I purchased from Amazon. Bought a package of 10 and the extra ones I gave them to my extend family. After the cruise I leave them on -it reminds me that I will be cruising again. :D

You can also lay the printed tag flat and cover them from and back with packing tape, then staple or tape them together onto the luggage handle. (But the tags shown below take less effort);)

I have done this, and I have also laminated them myself.

Enjoy

There is a video on you tube how top make the paper luggage tags watertight and almost indestructible using wide sticky tape. I used to use this method until I was given the plastic holders. I changed the stainless steel connection rings for the more flexible plastic ones as the plastic loops sat more flush with the suitcase whereas the steel had a tendency to snag.

We don't put our cruise luggage tags on our bag until the morning of embarkation to avoid any confusion with flight tags etc

For those in Australia and New Zealand there is an Australian company called cruise bag tags or one can use Ali Express in China for quality cheap luggage tags

I have done this, and I have also laminated them myself.

Enjoy

I also print and laminate the luggage tags. I punch a hole in the laminated tag and attach them with a plastic tie wrap. I also put two tags on each bag and I guarantee that these tags will stay attached.

Yes, I ordered those through Amazon a couple of years ago. I love them. Especially when cruising RCCL as they don't mail out luggage tags like Celebrity unless you are in a Suite or some high level.

Also our last Celebrity cruise we booked a guarantee cabin and did not get our cabin assignment until 6 days prior to the cruise. Way to late to order luggage tags so I had to print them out. So happy I had the plastic luggage tag holders.

We use the plastic tag holders, too - got them from Amazon. I would buy them again as they are very heavy duty and strong.

As an aside, when we got back from our July 13 cruise on the Eclipse we found an envelope with X luggage tags in our held mail. We hadn't even ordered them! :confused:

I also print and laminate the luggage tags. I punch a hole in the laminated tag and attach them with a plastic tie wrap. I also put two tags on each bag and I guarantee that these tags will stay attached.

I love laminating things. :D The luggage tags would be about the only use we’d have for a laminator these days, so I can’t really justify having one for home. I’m happy to just fold my printed tags and slide them into the reuseable holder. And as another poster said, they’re easily changed if there’s a last minute cabin change.

I love laminating things. :D The luggage tags would be about the only use we’d have for a laminator these days, so I can’t really justify having one for home. I’m happy to just fold my printed tags and slide them into the reuseable holder. And as another poster said, they’re easily changed if there’s a last minute cabin change.

I go to Fed Ex/Kinkos and use their equipment. $2.49 for a 11x14 sheet which is enough for about 9 tags. Perhaps not the most cost effective, but I like the pre-cruise activity.

I purchased the same tag holders from Amazon a few years ago and they are still in excellent condition. The steel cables are easy to attach and extremely durable. They are usually available in two sizes, so if you decide to order them make sure you select the correct size for Celebrity luggage tags. Enjoy your sailing :D