Must Have for Cabin or Excursions

charlielinda

I used to have a box of items for cruising that included waterproof money holder, over the door shoe hanger, post-it and other items. The box bit the dust when we had a house fire last year and I’m trying to put together a new one for our cruise in September. I’ve ordered quite a few things but wanted to know what the best plug would be to use so we can charge 2-3 devises. Also, does anyone have experience with a waterproof iPhone holder. I know we’ll do a beach day or two and wouldn’t want to leave the phone on the beach. I suppose I could leave it behind but use as my camera. Is there something you just have to have?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

throw in a few magnets to keep important papers on the wall. Buy a cheap 3 way plug at your local hardware store....not a power strip. and buy a 3 way to 2 way converter plug (very cheap). If you have multiple USB chargeable devices, get a charger (I use Anker chargers from Amazon) and use that to charge all the devices. Most run on 110 or 220 giving you flexibility. I would leave the phone on the ship....enjoy the shore time. If you must, come back a little early, get your computer and go back on shore to use wifi. Ah yes, the ipad mini is a must for us. get a waterproof camera and don't worry about special protection.

I used to have a box of items for cruising that included waterproof money holder, over the door shoe hanger, post-it and other items. The box bit the dust when we had a house fire last year and I’m trying to put together a new one for our cruise in September. I’ve ordered quite a few things but wanted to know what the best plug would be to use so we can charge 2-3 devises. Also, does anyone have experience with a waterproof iPhone holder. I know we’ll do a beach day or two and wouldn’t want to leave the phone on the beach. I suppose I could leave it behind but use as my camera. Is there something you just have to have?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First of all -- congrats on snagging a Silvermoon sailing -- I think you're going to love it! :cool:

But, to your current point of things you might not have thought to pack: You might be used to cruise ship cabins having those 'pull-out' clotheslines, in the shower/tub area. Well (in their infinite wisdom) the folks who designed X's Solstice-Class ships decided that those were not necessary. :rolleyes: So, hanging up wet bathing suits (or anything you might need to rinse-out in the sink) can be problematical. After our first cruise on Solstice, I went to the REI website and bought a small travel clothesline, for the shower/tub enclosure. I found one that has velcro straps and suction cups -- both of which have come in handy, in hanging it in the bathroom. Hope this is a useful tid-bit of info, for you! :D

I will chime in on the waterproof phone cover.....GET ONE!!

We got one and love it! You can record videos or take pictures through the cover. They are inexpensive and very convenient and keep your phone safe.

Be sure to test it at home before leaving just in case!

I echo the previous poster about the clothesline, but found a better solution and easier to pack. I bought a set of 4 very strong magnetic hooks from Amazon. I put two (or four if I've got a lot to hang) in the shower. Then I pack a length of twine and tie it onto the hooks...voila instant clothesline and it holds great! The shower walls are metal (even though they don't look like it). I also pack 8 fold up cubes 10 1/2 x10 1/2 x 11 that I put into the over the bed cabinets on S-class ships, 4 per side. Makes that space really usable and very organized, and eliminates having everything fall down every time you open it. Got those at the dollar store. Also from Amazon we purchased a 5 outlet USB charger made by Lumsing. No surge suppressor and it has a regular plug. I've used it on multiple cruises and regularly at home.

Edited by Luvcrusn
Addition

throw in a few magnets to keep important papers on the wall. Buy a cheap 3 way plug at your local hardware store....not a power strip. and buy a 3 way to 2 way converter plug (very cheap). If you have multiple USB chargeable devices, get a charger (I use Anker chargers from Amazon) and use that to charge all the devices. Most run on 110 or 220 giving you flexibility. I would leave the phone on the ship....enjoy the shore time. If you must, come back a little early, get your computer and go back on shore to use wifi. Ah yes, the ipad mini is a must for us. get a waterproof camera and don't worry about special protection.

Why are you suggesting a 3 way to 2 way (I assume you mean grounded to non-grounded) converter plug? I really don't remember if the sockets have no ground.

I always bring my clothesline and magnetic hooks on longer cruises. This past April we were on a TA in a Sky Suite. The walls in the tub were marble tiles so no metal for the magnets. Yikes! Turns out the ceiling was metal so I could put the magnetic hooks on the ceiling over the tub for my clothesline. I bring a booklight that I also use when I get up at night for the bathroom.

Why are you suggesting a 3 way to 2 way (I assume you mean grounded to non-grounded) converter plug? I really don't remember if the sockets have no ground.

I always pack one in my travel bag....it comes in handy at times...sometimes the plug is recessed and I use it just to extend it so I can plug in the 3 way...etc.

196e615efbafbb15154a7457918f6abb.jpg

I second the Anker charger, I use the 4 device version, fit perfectly in the outlet above the desk.

I also love my waterproof JOTO phone case, but there are many brands on Amazon to choose from. Hangs nicely around your neck and stays safely protected.

Sent from my iPad using Forums