Does anyone get back off after embarkation?

CruiseMomTX

Sailed out of BCN about 4 years ago, went through port security walked past the liquor store and had to go through the ships security. Has this changed since then ? Cruising next month out of BCN on the Eclipse. Would be nice if we could take more than the 2 bottles of wine allowed per stateroom.

On both the Vista and Breeze you go past ships security but they didn't check bags or confiscate anything. Frankly you could bring booze on from any European port without being questioned. The Carnival goonies are not present or at least the Europeans don't police for Carnival. They would probably go on strike if they had to, lol.

Just wondering if anyone gets back off the ship to explore a little after embarkation and if so the process for getting back onboard. Thanks for any input!

Not for any boarding here in USA, as you have to be onboard at least 2 hours prior to departure, so you would not have time. Ships usually leave around 4-5pm. Now if you are sailing out of San Juan, you leave port around 10:00pm, so that is the only port I’d try it at. But personally, once I’m onboard, I have no desire to get back off. I arrive at my port city 1-2 days prior and do my sightseeing then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Speaking ONLY of San Juan...when you left the ship after checking in, were you able to bring MORE alcohol back on with you?

We are doing a back to back in December and wondered if there was anywhere near the port to bring some wine on board for second week..

Before the storm there was a CVS that sold wine/liqour. Cross the street, turn left maybe 10min walk. Don't know if store is still there.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thank you will take a look there.

Before the storm there was a CVS that sold wine/liqour. Cross the street, turn left maybe 10min walk. Don't know if store is still there.

So let's say I check in and bring my 1 bottle of wine onboard with me. After lunch, I decide to exit the ship to check out San Juan for a few hours. When I return to the ship, can I bring yet another bottle onboard with me or will they know I've already brought one on earlier?

• 2 weeks later...
So let's say I check in and bring my 1 bottle of wine onboard with me. After lunch, I decide to exit the ship to check out San Juan for a few hours. When I return to the ship, can I bring yet another bottle onboard with me or will they know I've already brought one on earlier?

They will not know. We did exactly this in April. We carried on one bottle of "wine" for each adult. When our rooms opened up we dropped off our luggage, and walked back off. At the CVS we each bought another bottle of wine, some more soda... and my brother in law and I each grabbed some beer. Security just x-rayed our backpacks, never asked to open them, never even counted what we had. You can make this trip as often as you want.

It's there. 5-10 minute walk. San Juan is a favorite crew stop because they can quickly get ashore, buy necessary personal items, and be back in 30 minutes. Even by last winter there was little remaining evidence of Maria in Old San Juan and the traditional tourist areas.

Yes indeed, there's a CVS and also a Walgreens, both West of the Carnival port... about 4 blocks West. Both have a descent selection of Wine, alcohol, beer, and soda.