Airport Service offered by HAL

Alaska Sail

We are taking an Alaska cruise on the MS Eurodam in the next couple of weeks, leaving and returning to Seattle.

On the day we return, our flight back east does not leave until mid afternoon, so we have quite a few hours from when we get off the boat until we need to be at the airport.

I understand HAL offers a service in which they will take your luggage, transport it and check it in at the airport for you. I am always skeptical about handing my bags off to another party but given the amount of free time we have that day, it would make it easier if we did not have our luggage to haul around.

Has anyone ever used this service offered by HAL and if so, what was your experience? Do you think it is worth it? Thanks

... Has anyone ever used this service offered by HAL and if so, what was your experience? Do you think it is worth it? Thanks

Yes (several times,as a matter of fact); our experience was great each time; and yes, absolutely worth every cent it cost us!

I think you'll be happy with doing this. I think there are a couple of ways they will do this.

I have used their airport transfer service that takes you to the airport (sometimes there is a tour of the area included, but they usually will offer a direct to the airport option too) where you wheel your bags to the motor coach, it's loaded on the coach for you and then at the airport, it's unloaded and you then continue on to your airline. When there's been a lunch or some long stop involved, we find our luggage continues on to the airport and is waiting on us to claim there and continue our check in at the airport with. Was easy and a nice way to spend the time between debarking and flying out.

They do have a luggage service offered that will pick up your luggage at your cabin door and you see it again at your final destination after you deplane as it is checked through for you. I've not used it but have considered it and would likely use it if I had lots of luggage or found myself unable to handle it for some reason.

We've never had a problem with the former and wouldn't have a problem choosing the latter if we decided to use it for the reasons given. You should get a flyer in your room when you receive the questionaire regarding your debarkation choices regarding costs of the latter. The former is sold as an excursion.

What is that service called? Is it different than Luggage Direct? Can you just do it one way, or does it have to be round trip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I beleive it is called Luggage Direct. It is the service in which they pick your luggage up from your door the night before,check it for you at the airport and you retrieve it at your final destination.

I beleive it is called Luggage Direct. It is the service in which they pick your luggage up from your door the night before,check it for you at the airport and you retrieve it at your final destination.

This is a service offered for free in Seattle. It is the same as Luggage Direct, but not called that nor charged for. The service works very well. BTW, the "for a fee" service is not even offered. This is great.

We are taking an Alaska cruise on the MS Eurodam in the next couple of weeks, leaving and returning to Seattle.

On the day we return, our flight back east does not leave until mid afternoon, so we have quite a few hours from when we get off the boat until we need to be at the airport.

I understand HAL offers a service in which they will take your luggage, transport it and check it in at the airport for you. I am always skeptical about handing my bags off to another party but given the amount of free time we have that day, it would make it easier if we did not have our luggage to haul around.

Has anyone ever used this service offered by HAL and if so, what was your experience? Do you think it is worth it? Thanks

We used it in June after an Alaska cruise on Zandaam. Worked like a charm. I wish every port worldwide had it.

I am taking my first cruise on Holland America and have been trying to find this information but have trouble finding things on their website. My flight leaves San Diego at 4:30 in the afternoon and I was hoping to find a service to have my luggage picked up and transported to the airport so I could have a look around Seaport Village and surrounding area, go for a nice lunch and head to the airport later unemcumbered.

I just phoned HAL today and they seemed to have never heard of such a thing. The two choices according to them are either transfer direct to the airport with myself and luggage or pay for a sightseeing excursion with airport drop off.

If any of you know of this luggage pick up and airport delivery service I would appreciate any help on how to proceed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

People have been asking for Luggage Direct in San Diego for several years.

Last I heard it is still not available. San Diego is a busy pirt-not sure why theupy can't get it together.

Seattle was very wise starting the free luggage transfers. Cuts down on shore staff needed on disembark day.

The service in Seattle is Port Valet, and it is free. Connecting flights do not have to be on a listed airline; just the first one. Except for Delta, it can be used on international flights. Otherwise, it works like Luggage Direct.

Here is the link to information about the service. https://www.visitseattle.org/things-to-do/cruise-information/port-valet/

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
Added information.

I just used it this past week when I finished an Alaskan cruise that ended in Seattle. It’s called Port Valet. It is a free service. I had Southwest Airlines and they got my boarding pass for me. I even got a decent boarding number -B17. That was my biggest worry about the service. I packed my bag, put it outside my door the night before we disembarked and I didn’t see my bag again until I arrived home at my airport. It was awesome! The other nice thing about it was there is no 50-pound weight limitation on your bag. So my bag weighed in at 59 pounds and it cost me nothing. That was a great bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk