Do folks adhere to HAL email telling them what time to embark by deck?

WeRockChalkKU

Traveling is complicated -- what with varying flight times and hotel check-out times and en route times. My feeling is that the cruise lines know this and couldn't possibly expect everybody to stick to a really super strict "show up" time.

But in the spirit of cooperation, when sailing on any cruise line, we shoot for our assigned "window." We realize that people can't board all at once, so we attempt to be good citizens and follow instructions as best as we can. I think most other people do this, too, so while everybody may be outside of their assigned time by a bit here or there, it all works out, because boarding passengers are staggered.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Maybe on giant mega ships they have to give extremely rigid boarding times that are strictly enforced. I won't ever be sailing on those ships.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

As I said before...

"As people decide those rules are applicable to themselves."
and nothing is going to dissuade them from rationalizations for holding the expectations that they want to hold, regardless of how unfounded, nor will anything dissuade them from rationalizations for denying obligations that they don't want placed on them, regardless of how reasonable. And these consumer behaviors shape the service that the rest of us have to live with.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

We cannot imagine why anyone would want to show up early at the terminal so they could wait in line. It might be different if you have just flown in and transferred to the dock. Really, why bother? For us, is is much easier to show up a little later and breeze through the registration process.

Cutting our cruise short by a few hours? We do not judge a cruise by how many hours we have on the ship. This is such an incredible non issue. Hard for me to imagine what the big deal is.

We cannot imagine why anyone would want to show up early at the terminal so they could wait in line. It might be different if you have just flown in and transferred to the dock. Really, why bother? For us, is is much easier to show up a little later and breeze through the registration process.

Cutting our cruise short by a few hours? We do not judge a cruise by how many hours we have on the ship. This is such an incredible non issue. Hard for me to imagine what the big deal is.

Big deal? Not really. We get there early and relax with our Kindles, whatever. As soon as they call the 4 and 5* Mariners, we board. The rest is gravy. Or, I should say, vacation!

We don’t judge our vacation by the number of hours we spend on the ship but why spend those hours sitting in a hotel lobby when we can be reaping the benefits of our vacation? Seems like such a no brainer to me.

To each his own but I’ll take my own on the ship!!! :)

Who is sitting in a hotel lobby waiting for time to pass??? Not us.

We are either by the hotel pool having coffee, reading, relaxing, etc. (after arranging for a late checkout), walking the beach area if we are in FLL, or out and about in town depending on the embarkation city.

We cannot imagine why anyonea would want to show up early at the terminal so they could wait in line. It might be different if you have just flown in and transferred to the dock. Really, why bother? For us, is is much easier to show up a little later and breeze through the registration process.

Its a different perspective if you have kids and have booked suites or are starving. It can be a big deal for kids and first time cruisers. That's pretty easy to imagine.

Lunch in the MDR has been part of our embarkation day activities for some time now. It's not something that we absolutely "have" to do, but we enjoy it and for the majority of cruises haven't experienced any undue or unpleasant waits when arriving early.

Big deal? Not really. We get there early and relax with our Kindles, whatever. As soon as they call the 4 and 5* Mariners, we board. The rest is gravy. Or, I should say, vacation!

We don’t judge our vacation by the number of hours we spend on the ship but why spend those hours sitting in a hotel lobby when we can be reaping the benefits of our vacation? Seems like such a no brainer to me.

To each his own but I’ll take my own on the ship!!! :)

I agree! I look forward to embarkation day on every cruise and don’t mind waiting in the terminal to board. It’s exciting! Plus we enjoy the lunch in the mdr over the buffet so we try to board early enough to drop off our carryons and get our cruise underway!

Sent from my iPad using Forums