Priority boarding pass

Jo and Rob

We sail on Princess on 18th August to Norway and the arctic circle. Our official boarding time is not until 2.30pm as we are on Caribe deck however as we have a priority boarding pass (platinum loyalty tier) does this mean we can board at 12.30PM?

You should have no issues boarding early. We just completed your cruise in July. Had a BD balcony as you noted in earlier post. You will love the cruise and ports. Hope you all get along well as 4 of you in a room will require some cooperation.

• Like 1

You should have no issues boarding early. We just completed your cruise in July. Had a BD balcony as you noted in earlier post. You will love the cruise and ports. Hope you all get along well as 4 of you in a room will require some cooperation.

We've always been in the same cabin but Princess cabins are small compared with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and P&O so it is going to be a little cramped. I will miss the sofa as it gives the cabin valuable space to land apart from the beds. We got a free upgrade to a balcony from an outside so I'm not complaining. ;)

• 1 year later...

Just received the following information regarding the priority pass from Celebrity.

On embarkation day, you can go through the priority pass embarkation line. Embarkation and debarkation at port: your SeaPass will have special treatment allowing you to enter the priority line on port days.  You will receive special luggage tags on the last night of the cruise to ensure your priority debarkation.  The pass is for 2 guests in a stateroom.

50 minutes ago, Januarysent said:

Just received the following information regarding the priority pass from Celebrity.

On embarkation day, you can go through the priority pass embarkation line. Embarkation and debarkation at port: your SeaPass will have special treatment allowing you to enter the priority line on port days.  You will receive special luggage tags on the last night of the cruise to ensure your priority debarkation.  The pass is for 2 guests in a stateroom.

Okay, but this is a Princess thread.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Januarysent said:

Huh?

On 8/4/2018 at 2:17 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

It's rare that the email with suggested boarding times is enforced. If that's what you're referring to, you can usually safely ignore it.

OTOH...if you got an email that says "boarding won't start until..." due to safety inspection, deep cleaning, etc. Follow the directions.

Typically when that state "suggested", the boarding proceeds when the ship gets cleared. 

But as you said when they say "boarding won't start until..." it does appear that all people will be delayed to approximately that time.

It's completely different due to inspections. 

We've received one of those  "boarding won't start until..." emails & I'd be surprised if  we'll be boarding anywhere near 1 PM.

"Please be advised that embarkation for your Crown Princess cruise on Tuesday October 8, 2019 will now begin at 2:00 PM. The delay is due to extra time required for additional immigration formalities and a U.S. Coast Guard Drill requiring participation from all crew members upon the ship's arrival. As a result, we will now depart Fort Lauderdale at 5:00 PM.

Check-in will begin at 2:00 PM. If your plans are flexible and you can delay your arrival, please arrive after 2:00 PM to shorten your wait time. Please also note that the entrance to the port will be limited for luggage drop-off only. You may drop off your luggage before 2:00 PM, however, you will be asked to leave and return when check-in begins.

Please refer to your Progressive Boarding Schedule for updated check-in times. We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause and look forward to welcoming you aboard."

16 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Typically when that state "suggested", the boarding proceeds when the ship gets cleared. 

But as you said when they say "boarding won't start until..." it does appear that all people will be delayed to approximately that time.

We've received one of those  "boarding won't start until..." emails & I'd be surprised if  we'll be boarding anywhere near 1 PM.

"Please be advised that embarkation for your Crown Princess cruise on Tuesday October 8, 2019 will now begin at 2:00 PM. The delay is due to extra time required for additional immigration formalities and a U.S. Coast Guard Drill requiring participation from all crew members upon the ship's arrival. As a result, we will now depart Fort Lauderdale at 5:00 PM.

Check-in will begin at 2:00 PM. If your plans are flexible and you can delay your arrival, please arrive after 2:00 PM to shorten your wait time. Please also note that the entrance to the port will be limited for luggage drop-off only. You may drop off your luggage before 2:00 PM, however, you will be asked to leave and return when check-in begins.

Please refer to your Progressive Boarding Schedule for updated check-in times. We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause and look forward to welcoming you aboard."

I would believe this notification.

38 minutes ago, janina said:

I would believe this notification.

I think this time we will believe it. We can always leave our luggage in the car & go on a walking/shopping venture for a few hours or even sit in the hotel lounge for a while until mid afternoon. Since we'll be close by there's no fear of missing the ship. 

Even if we arrive after muster it's better than shuffling along with the crowd waiting for them to call for boarding.

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We had one once and it was due to a deep cleaning.  I was completely expecting it as had received word of a Noro outbreak on board the prior cruise.  In a way, I felt good as we were about to leave on a long voyage and the ship was going to be super-clean.  They were ready to let us on before 2pm - don't recall exactly, but maybe 1:30-ish?  We still left late though, but who cares once you are on board!

19 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

We had one once and it was due to a deep cleaning.  I was completely expecting it as had received word of a Noro outbreak on board the prior cruise.  In a way, I felt good as we were about to leave on a long voyage and the ship was going to be super-clean.  They were ready to let us on before 2pm - don't recall exactly, but maybe 1:30-ish?  We still left late though, but who cares once you are on board!

Correct. We'll get there as late as possible to avoid as much of the boarding circus as possible. There's not much that happens on the first day anyway except lunch & unpacking. 

• Haha 1