Captain club??

krillsister

One of perks for Elite is cabin upgrade at time of booking if available.. If I book ocean view will i be upgraded to balcony?

Unfortunately not, is one category within a class. For example Aqua A2 is upgraded to A1.

One of perks for Elite is cabin upgrade at time of booking if available.. If I book ocean view will i be upgraded to balcony?

no, I believe it is one level within a category... i.e., you can book an S1 at a S2 rate, A1 at A2 rate, C2 at C3 rate (you cannot upgrade to C1), etc..

Steve

No, because this option is not applicable across supercategories.

Inside, ocean view, veranda, concierge, aqua class and suites are all different supercategories.

So if you book ocean view, your only upgrade choice using this method would be from a lower category ocean view to a higher category ocean view.

Essentially what happens is that you book the category you want and pay the price of the next lower level category within that same supercategory.

So you could book ocean view level 06 and pay the price of ocean view level 07, for example.

Booking this way may or may not be advantageous, as often several levels will be the same price. Usually, when there is price difference, it is only a small one, but every now and then you may get lucky.

This perk cannot be used to upgrade from S2 to S1 because suites are excluded.

From Captain's Club |Terms & Conditions:

One-Category UpgradeOne-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

Up grades do not apply to suites so you cannot book an S1 at an S2 price. It stops at C2, bookable at a C3 price.

I believe it actually stops at the Aqua level, as many book A1 at the A2 price.