Must-go restaurants in Miami

jabils360

Rusty Pelican is decent and has one of the best views in Miami. I would probably prefer Smith and Wollensky, however.

They are totally different type of restaurants (in my opinion)…….the latter is an excellent Steak House. I would put Rusty Pelican in the seafood category.

Came across your post and it brought back memories of at trip to Miami many years ago. We were looking for an upscale restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and asked the concierge for a suggestion . He quickly said " The Forge "

I'm not sure that is as good today as it was then but will say we have been to many of the restaurants you mentioned and would rate as good or better than anyone of them.

You may want to check it out. It is located on First St in Miami Beach

The Forge is located on 41st Street (central Miami Beach).

• 3 weeks later...

The Forge is outstanding, especially for a special occasion. My friend treated me to dinner there. The restaurant is beautiful and has a real charm to it. Definitely try it if you are looking to go somewhere special. You won’t be disappointed.

Does anyone know when Periconne's will open in the new hotel built on their old site?

Perricones is still there, I was just there last night for the 3rd time this week. The hotel isn’t built yet.

So upsetting that this quaint structure is going to be torn down. The new Perricones just won’t be the same and will have all new staff to boot.

It’s going to be another 6 months to a year before they close. Then it’s going to be at least a year or so for the hotel to finish. No one knows exactly when they are closing yet.

Perricones is still there, I was just there last night for the 3rd time this week. The hotel isn’t built yet.

So upsetting that this quaint structure is going to be torn down. The new Perricones just won’t be the same and will have all new staff to boot.

It’s going to be another 6 months to a year before they close. Then it’s going to be at least a year or so for the hotel to finish. No one knows exactly when they are closing yet.

Thank you! I did not know this.

This would be like moving Rustic Inn. It'll never be the same.