Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

It's the beginning of a new decade for me today.   I made it to 70.  I intend to approach this new beginning with fearless optimism!  Dinner at our favourite restaurant Black Tartan Kitchen tonight.   And a bonus......Myster is not a flower-giving lad.  I never cared because he shows his love and support without blooms.   However,  yesterday the dear lad showered me with roses.  Made my heart sing!

20221110_155613.thumb.jpg.3aad63bedd789bdf714b1e11625dabbe.jpg

• Like 15

May I be the first here to wish you a very Happy Birthday, Mysty, and many more of them.  Seventy is no age at all nowadays, is it, and you have lots and lots more years, as I did, to enjoy life, travel, your family and above all your dear Myster. 💕  Not to mention delicious dinners, including this evenings.

Lola

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, lincslady said:

May I be the first here to wish you a very Happy Birthday, Mysty, and many more of them.  Seventy is no age at all nowadays, is it, and you have lots and lots more years, as I did, to enjoy life, travel, your family and above all your dear Myster. 💕  Not to mention delicious dinners, including this evenings.

Lola

Thank you Lola!  I am indeed blessed! 🥰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mysty said:

It's the beginning of a new decade for me today.   I made it to 70.  I intend to approach this new beginning with fearless optimism!  Dinner at our favourite restaurant Black Tartan Kitchen tonight.   And a bonus......Myster is not a flower-giving lad.  I never cared because he shows his love and support without blooms.   However,  yesterday the dear lad showered me with roses.  Made my heart sing!

Wishing you the most fabulous day wonderful lady.  Make it one to remember! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mysty said:

Have a great day todat and ever!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lirio said:

Great coolers. I will be in NZ from Dec. 27 to Jan.27. Who knows we see each other there......Have a great cruise.

This is where the Whisper will be.

Auckland to Sydney  

Silver Whisper - 15 Days  

January 8, 2023 VoyageWH230108015  

Date Arrive Depart  

8 Auckland, New Zealand  

7:00 PM  

9 Tauranga, New Zealand  

8:00 AM 6:00 PM  

10 Day at sea  

11 Picton, New Zealand 8:00 AM 7:00 PM  

12 Wellington, New Zealand  

8:00 AM 7:00 PM  

13 Akaroa, New Zealand 8:00 AM 6:00 PM  

14 Dunedin (Port  

Chalmers), New Zealand  

15 Cruising Milford  

Sound, New Zealand  

4:00 PM 7:00 PM  

16 Day at sea  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mysty said:

live -j.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Wishing you the most fabulous day wonderful lady.  Make it one to remember! 

Thank you DW!  I'm going to grab the brass ring and continue to celebrate life with joy and gratitude!  🥰

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

live -j.jpg

Thanks so much Chas!  I really enjoy your wit!  I'm going to tell Chef Ian tonight that I am living like every day is trash day.  I can't what to see the raised eyebrows!  🤣  Of course I will clarify!  He has a good sense of humour! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

Happy birthday, dear lady. 70? Nearly out of adolescence. 

Maybe.

6 minutes ago, mysty said:

Thank you TTS!  Some might say (based on sometimes unruly behaviour) that I never really left it!

That's what I was going to say!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Exciting day for Mrs TTS today. She had spinal surgery 2/52 ago and has, justifiably, been feeling somewhat sorry for herself so I wanted to get her something that would cheer her up. 

So...after much searching I finally found a piece of Clarice Cliff pottery that I knew she would like but it took longer than I'd hoped to acquire said piece. Anyway, it arrived today and she hasn't stopped smiling since! 

I don't know how well-known Clarice Cliff is over the water but she was a potter who, in the late 1920s, proved so sought after that she was set up in her own factory with a group of women ceramists. Quite something for the time. She created her Bizarre range - art deco influenced - which has become very collectable. 

Strange how a bit of decorated, fired clay can, 100 years on, give so much pleasure. 

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

Exciting day for Mrs TTS today. She had spinal surgery 2/52 ago and has, justifiably, been feeling somewhat sorry for herself so I wanted to get her something that would cheer her up. 

So...after much searching I finally found a piece of Clarice Cliff pottery that I knew she would like but it took longer than I'd hoped to acquire said piece. Anyway, it arrived today and she hasn't stopped smiling since! 

I don't know how well-known Clarice Cliff is over the water but she was a potter who, in the late 1920s, proved so sought after that she was set up in her own factory with a group of women ceramists. Quite something for the time. She created her Bizarre range - art deco influenced - which has become very collectable. 

Strange how a bit of decorated, fired clay can, 100 years on, give so much pleasure. 

Gold star for you TTS!  Brilliant mood enhancer!  I hope Mrs. TTS recovers smoothly!  And thanks for the delightful bit of info Clarice Cliff, who was obviously a ground-breaking artist!

4 hours ago, mysty said:

Hi Mysty,

Wonderful roses.

Sending happy birthday wishes from over the pond, have a lovely birthday and some more flowers:

image.thumb.jpeg.88e2ac6d688b25478ff265530420e6ce.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grand Duchess said:

Hi Mysty,

Wonderful roses.

Sending happy birthday wishes from over the pond, have a lovely birthday and some more flowers:

image.thumb.jpeg.88e2ac6d688b25478ff265530420e6ce.jpeg

Thank you Grand Duchess!  Love the flowers you sent!  😁 🥰

2 hours ago, zqtchas said:

This is where the Whisper will be.

Auckland to Sydney  

Silver Whisper - 15 Days  

January 8, 2023 VoyageWH230108015  

Date Arrive Depart  

8 Auckland, New Zealand  

7:00 PM  

9 Tauranga, New Zealand  

10 Day at sea  

11 Picton, New Zealand 8:00 AM 7:00 PM  

12 Wellington, New Zealand  

8:00 AM 7:00 PM  

13 Akaroa, New Zealand 8:00 AM 6:00 PM  

14 Dunedin (Port  

Chalmers), New Zealand  

15 Cruising Milford  

Sound, New Zealand  

4:00 PM 7:00 PM  

16 Day at sea  

I will be in Christchurch from 4-8 january, in Akaroa on 7. So we will miss each other. I will arrive Auckland 8th in the evening. It is a great trip you will enjoy! Do you have the tours in each city?

• Like 1

A belated welcome to the 70’s mysty and to the real beginnings of life.

Good enough to still do what you like and old enough to have an excuse for everything else. I have really enjoyed my 70s so far and I just hope the second half will be as enjoyable.

• Like 4