Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

5 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Udaipur.  The day started with a visit to Saheliyon Ki Bari, a small ornamental garden built on the banks of the Fateh Sagar Lake, It was built from 1710 to 1734 by Maharana Sangram Singh for the royal ladies. A Visit to the Royal Palace was next and a wander around the streets of Old Udaipur, it took 22 Maharajas over 400 years to build the palace, I'm sure they had help though. Another incredible place that shows the majesty of these lands. 

Appreciate these great postings, pix's and follow-ups from Davey.  Very inspiring for us to have India high on our future, to-do list.  Keep it coming!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Definitely stuck DW.   Actually closer to mired up to my elbows! 🤣  I would really appreciate any kind assistance!   If you have time on your whirlwind tour I would be most grateful for an assist! 🥰

Will send it to her in a bit. Sorry Wi-Fi been a bit patchy this evening. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I’m off to 'Ranthambore Tiger Reserve tomorrow. 

Send lots of pictures! I think that's the only way I'll get Chris to go back to India. Don't get me wrong - she liked it too, but she doesn't feel strongly about going back. However she was bummed that we didn't get to visit tigers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drron29 said:

Bad luck LoisR that fumble in the last quarter was the end basically for the Jaguars.

But my Eagles soared again and got to watch a replay. Better that one of the Eagles is an Aussie!

Yes, it was not our best game.....but to be honest, NOBODY expected us to win 10 games........NOBODY.

Not after the horrific season we had last year. That was a total debacle!  Since you are an Eagles fan, you know how good Doug Pederson is as a coach😃...so glad he is ours!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Yes, it was not our best game.....but to be honest, NOBODY expected us to win 10 games........NOBODY.  Not after the horrific season we had last year. That was a total debacle!  Since you are an Eagles fan, you know how good Doug Pederson is as a coach😃...so glad he is ours!!!

Watching the exciting Cincinnati at Buffalo Bills game right now on CBS-TV.  It's snowing there in that part of New York State.  The Jags played well yesterday against a very good Kansas City team.  Wow!!!  The Eagles really kicked butt yesterday evening against the weak-looking NY Giants.  

Snow??  We've got about three inches right now here in Central Ohio.  Need proof and evidence?  See below!!

Early 2020, many visuals and details from New Zealand/South Pacific in going from Auckland to French Polynesia.  This includes Bora Bora, Fiji, NZ experiences, etc:  Live/blog;

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2735732-live-terryohio-“new”-regatta-south-pacificnz-pix’s/

Did we get snow today in Columbus?  Yes!!  See below at the bottom of our driveway.  I used the EGO electric snow blower to clear out a pathway down and then we received some four-legged visitors.  The second visual is looking across our wooded ravine to a neighbor's home.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.c741af673f8cea8c41f04794319581ff.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.905c5a8fd4d23e01dbda2d63beac6b23.jpeg

Here are some closer views of our visiting deer.  I assume they were looking for food on this snowy day.  In the background are some of our Christmas decorations that are still up.:

image.thumb.jpeg.c938ac0fa3fb7b8005bcd4136cad5946.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.953e7e78c53c5090847de006c9c57a9e.jpeg

• Like 7

Hi Terry, Buffalo looks FREEZING.....that is for sure. I don't care who wins this game but its really wonderful that Damar Hamlin is at the game🙂

You might know the answer to this question (well, for anyone really)......does SS offer a shuttle service in Istanbul from the port?  I am trying to figure out the logistics......visiting there for the first time in April. I have read several postings about the port but thought I would pose the question on here. 

Thanks for any help🙂

6 hours ago, Lirio said:

Last week in NZ. Next friday go back home. We visited a light house and a beach nearby Auckland yesterday.   Today in town, Silverser Shadow.

Nice sharing from New Zealand.  Keep it coming!!  Love the people and scenic areas of NZ.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lois R said:

does SS offer a shuttle service in Istanbul from the port?  I am trying to figure out the logistics......visiting there for the first time in April.

Great question to be asking by Lois.  Istanbul is a very, very large and sprawling area.   Complicated logistics to consider.  My recollection when we docked there in 2006 is that you are at a decent distance from the main tourist areas of Istanbul.  Good luck with your planning and prep for amazing and historic Istanbul.  

So another incredible day. A 5.30 start and off on two Tiger Safaris. I Didn't get to see the Tigers unfortunately but got to witness nature at its finest. A Somewhat less adept animal displaying what happens to you when you open a bag of crisps right in front of a troop of Monkeys. We got to see Deer, Antelope, Gazelle, Buffalo, Mongoose, Kingfisher, Parrot, Peacock, amazing views and a whole lot more. I Took mostly video unfortunately so a few pics is all I can manage for now. Now chilling in not too shabby a suite in Jaipur after attempting a "Zero Spice" Chinese that left my eyeballs trying to climb out of my ears. At least there are cakes in my Suite. Another long day tomorrow/today. I Get to see the Palace of Winds that I have longed to see since I was a kid. A Tour of Jaipur and I get to spend the afternoon at the Elephant Sanctuary, washing and feeding them and then taking them for a swim. Just like the old days. Rajasthan's answer to Disneyworld is a maybe for tomorrow night, Chokhi Dhani. We'll see.

DJI_0181.JPG

DJI_0197.JPG

IMG_2984.JPG

IMG_2995.JPG

IMG_2996.JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Lirio said:

Last week in NZ. Next friday go back home. We visited a light house and a beach nearby Auckland yesterday.

Today in town, Silverser Shadow.

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-22 at 01.12.12.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-23 at 03.50.46.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-23 at 04.07.04.jpeg

Packing almost done with a lot of NZ wines.....

• Like 5