Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

20 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Well I didn't find my recipe so I made it up as I went along. I Added chick peas and pomegranate that weren't in the original but I must say myself it was rather lush. 

IMG_3299.JPG

Now THAT is a beautiful picture!  Looks scrumptious!

• Like 1

Just now, Stumblefoot said:

Beautiful, Davey!  That looks JP worthy.

Davey is a professional. I could only hope to grow up and cook as well as that!

I did make sous vide halibut over wilted spinach with confit garlic last night though. I even shared some with Chris!

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Well I didn't find my recipe so I made it up as I went along. I Added chick peas and pomegranate that weren't in the original but I must say myself it was rather lush. 

IMG_3299.JPG

What time do want around DW

I'll bring the wine

• Like 3

Thanks all. I'm on curry rest for at least a month so it went down very well. JP, Not sure about that, I haven't worked in a professional kitchen since 1990! I Had a phone call from our fishmonger this morning (one of the best around) telling me they've had a great haul of John Dory in so I'm looking forward to that for the weekend. Mr Luxury, there's plenty left, name your time!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Talking pomegranate, the other day I had a starter in a local pub which was cubes of goats cheese and  cooked butternut squash with  pomegranate on one of the Italian breads |(forgotten which) with a little salad and a touch of dressing.  Sounds weird, but it was delicious.

Your dish looks wonderful, Davey.

Lola

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Sorry to interrupt the great funnies, wonderful videos from India, etc.  WOW that is cold in Canada!!

We are getting serious cold in Ohio today, but not as challenged as in Canada and what is coming to the NE USA.  Yesterday was very sunny in our area.  Below is a picture I captured of a super nice deer buck with an amazing rack in our backyard ravine area.  This wildlife creature was very relaxed and enjoying the sunshine day.  Did not do this pix with my cell phone.  Used my Nikon camera with a longer lens in order to be close enough without scaring him away.  Like?  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image.thumb.jpeg.42fa2681cb7b62b8e165556212747303.jpeg

Outstanding. 

On 2/3/2023 at 11:07 AM, lincslady said:

Talking pomegranate, the other day I had a starter in a local pub which was cubes of goats cheese and  cooked butternut squash with  pomegranate on one of the Italian breads |(forgotten which) with a little salad and a touch of dressing.  Sounds weird, but it was delicious.

Your dish looks wonderful, Davey.

Lola

Lola, you just reminded me of a delightful dessert with the unexpected ingredient of butternut squash. This is a salted dark chocolate ganache with honeyed butternut squash. Have to love a dessert that you can count as a vegetable serving!

IMG_1016.JPG

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Nah…only 39C in Perth today.  Perfect for a 4:00pm swim at the beach. Fortunately a nice cool night for sleeping at 21C.

Yesterday was the highest recorded! And high humid as well.....No way I am going out home.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lirio said:

And here feels like 58C..........

1_whatsapp_image_2023_01_29_at_12_07_35-27879959.jpeg

What about Australia?

Our summer really hasn’t arrived this year. Only a few warm days (35C) but most around 20C (68F)  One day last week it only reached 16C. A cold blast from Antarctica so it felt much colder. 

We had 2 Bbqs early in January, the first was too hot to eat outside, the second 2 days later, was too cold to eat outside!  

• Like 2