Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Some sad news this week

David McCallum died.....he was 90!

I remember when he was on Man From Uncle back In The 60's. He was more recently known for his role on NCIS as "Ducky". Loved that Scottish brogue.

And if we have any baseball fans? Terry? Brooks Robinson died yesterday......one of the best 3rd basemen of all time. Hall of Farmer for the Orioles.

May they both Rest in Peace.

• Like 7

Last night Myster and I attended the first Supper Club Dinner at Black Tartan Kitchen since the nasty.  The Supper Club dinners are held once a month and are a 4 course meal centered around the local producer's wares. Each month they invite a different local producer from Lanark County and the Ottawa Valley.  Last night the special guests were Joanna and Alberto from Nature's Apprentice.

https://naturesapprenticefarm.ca/

image4.jpeg.bacf38bdc1f16dd384034faf4fa0e9df.jpeg

image3.jpeg.64f10036afbc0ee241f912e2cdd37906.jpeg

image2.jpeg.be68027a051b8ac4312e529b6b2498e5.jpeg

image1.jpeg.478bd3e8e64b97b1f842f790ba95fc69.jpeg

image0.jpeg.b1affa4ad8e791de1b6883ec648af811.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That looks delicious, Mysty - lots of small dishes, and wines to match.  That is one of the things which makes dining out speclal;  you (almost certainly) would not want to be preparing so many different things in your own  kitchen.  Well, I wouldn't.  And not so much food that you feel overstuffed.

Do you love a smallish tasting menu as much as I do?  Maybe six courses, but not the 23  some famous chefs do - impossible to remember it all if you are a bear with a small brain like me.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Reef Knot said:

So it's the biennial Europe v USA Ryder cup golf comp starting  today. This 3 day format of match play, foursomes and fourballs format makes a pleasant change to the regular tour comps. 

Good luck to both teams but  obviously I'm cheering Europe. 

Looks like Europe kicked our butts this morning.........winning 4-0 in the first session.

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

That looks delicious, Mysty - lots of small dishes, and wines to match.  That is one of the things which makes dining out speclal;  you (almost certainly) would not want to be preparing so many different things in your own  kitchen.  Well, I wouldn't.  And not so much food that you feel overstuffed.

Do you love a smallish tasting menu as much as I do?  Maybe six courses, but not the 23  some famous chefs do - impossible to remember it all if you are a bear with a small brain like me.

I really do enjoy a smallish tasting menu Lola!  When we do the 7 course at BTK,  it's amazing and it's a bit of a slog walking home after.  😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, drron29 said:

Sorry @Mysty but I can imagine you going into serious BTK withdrawal on the upcoming World Cruise.

😅  Yes!  That's a definite possibility!  We're going to try to overload on BTK before we leave.   Store up our reserves! 😋😋😋

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Reef Knot said:

Don't think anyone saw that coming.

The 1st day is finished........you are winning 6.5 to 1.5.........unless we can do something REALLY GOOD tomorrow, this is done......looks like Europe is kicking our a$$.

12 minutes ago, Lois R said:

The 1st day is finished........you are winning 6.5 to 1.5.........unless we can do something REALLY GOOD tomorrow, this is done......looks like Europe is kicking our a$$.

Yup, no one would have predicted that this morning. On paper America looks to have more depth but somehow the team just didn't click. 

As you say they really need to bring their "A" game to the course tomorrow .

Go Europe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Well, I guess I should no be too pleased, but .........

Hi Lola, you can certainly be pleased.....they are your team after all! Your guys played excellent and ours? We STUNK it up today!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1