Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

34 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Good to hear it’s sorted Lois. Is your decor damaged? 

Hi Davey, nope.......as of now, nothing is damaged....thankfully😀

• Like 2

We hope all is well now Lois.  We are currently using 2 small ($100 or so) room dehumidifiers here in Virginia as the weather has been cloudy and rainy for what feels like weeks.

On a totally different note, I have found it is essential to occasionally check in with BBC news.  When I was younger, I had full faith in American media but sadly not so much anymore.  If our British or Commonwealth friends have any thoughts, I admit I'm anxious to hear them.

Example:  On the international front, I think I would never have seen this story unless I had logged into the BBC

South China Sea: Philippines coast guard cuts barrier - BBC News

Hoping such a post is not inimical to the cooler philosophy in any way....

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

We hope all is well now Lois.  We are currently using 2 small ($100 or so) room dehumidifiers here in Virginia as the weather has been cloudy and rainy for what feels like weeks.

On a totally different note, I have found it is essential to occasionally check in with BBC news.  When I was younger, I had full faith in American media but sadly not so much anymore.  If our British or Commonwealth friends have any thoughts, I admit I'm anxious to hear them.

Example:  On the international front, I think I would never have seen this story unless I had logged into the BBC

South China Sea: Philippines coast guard cuts barrier - BBC News

Hoping such a post is not inimical to the cooler philosophy in any way....

Not inimical Que!  Mainstream news is not what it used to be!  We have been driven to different sites for news these days.

• Thanks 1

Great news about the missing girl.....they have found her and arrested the guy.  JP, I didn't realize the state park she and her family were camping at is not far from you. I heard them say Albany........some great people live there😃

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Great news about the missing girl.....they have found her and arrested the guy.  JP, I didn't realize the state park she and her family were camping at is not far from you. I heard them say Albany........some great people live there😃

Yes, less than an hour north of us. We've been hiking there. Glad that they found her.

• Like 3

OKAY...I think I now know why I was having issues this morning with mysilversea.  I was able to finally login in.  To my surprise the Guest Information documents now require a Health Acknowledgement.  I am very sure that this was not part of the necessary information when I completed it for our World Cruise a long time ago.

Capture.JPG.35a1a02583e6f4305dfe14821acb43c4.JPG

Silversea Vaccination Status Requirements

Fully Vaccinated Guests: All embarking crew and guests aged 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least two weeks prior to embarkation. Only guests fully vaccinated with approved WHO vaccines (see here) will be permitted to board. A copy of your vaccination certificate must be uploaded in advance of your travels. In addition, in order to board the ship, the vaccination certificate must be printed in two copies and presented at the terminal during the check-in and embarkation process.

Up To Date Vaccinated Guests: You will need to be fully up to date with your vaccine status (‘up to date’ means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible), in accordance with each of the countries you plan to visit on your respective itinerary. We recommend that you refer to each country’s official government website to understand the complete vaccination status requirements for entry, as well as the ability to roam freely, enter restaurants, cultural institutions, etc.

Unvaccinated Guests: Silversea will accept unvaccinated guests aged 0 to 11 years old ONLY. All other Silversea guests must be fully vaccinated to board one of our vessels.

Country requirements: Whilst Silversea will facilitate entry into each port of call during each voyage, guests are responsible for complying with entry requirements for the country of embarkation, as well as the travel requirements affecting their return journeys.

Note:  All guests over the age of 11 must be fully vaccinated.

15 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Bought into a land tour to Italy this month, based in Sorrento - tour includes Pompeii and Pasitano, every night return to Sorrento.  Any thoughts from coolers welcome.

Hi Que, love Italy and the stops sound great. I think Poisitano is one of those cities on the water, like Sorrento. It has been a while since I have been there but I have good memories of them all.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Bought into a land tour to Italy this month, based in Sorrento - tour includes Pompeii and Pasitano, every night return to Sorrento.  Any thoughts from coolers welcome.

Returning to Sorrento every night will mean a lot of time on the road and possibly in traffic.  Will you be in a big bus or a smaller one?  Will you get to Ravello and Amalfi in addition to Positano?  It might be better to visit Positano by boat from Sorrento.  The views are extraordinary and there is less traffic.

Regardless of how you go, it is a magnificent part of the world and you should have a wonderful time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Regardless of how you go, it is a magnificent part of the world and you should have a wonderful time.

Thank you!  Group size is 16 as of recent email. Here is the description from the tour operator:  "Venture out for a spectacular scenic drive to Positano. Travel along the Amalfi Coast, a brilliant tapestry of mountains, tree-covered cliffs and houses painted in pastel hues. Beautiful Positano has been lauded by poets and artists for centuries. See why during a walking tour of this special village. Then board a boat for a ride to Amalfi, viewing the splendid Amalfi coast from the water."

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

Thank you!  Group size is 16 as of recent email. Here is the description from the tour operator:  "Venture out for a spectacular scenic drive to Positano. Travel along the Amalfi Coast, a brilliant tapestry of mountains, tree-covered cliffs and houses painted in pastel hues. Beautiful Positano has been lauded by poets and artists for centuries. See why during a walking tour of this special village. Then board a boat for a ride to Amalfi, viewing the splendid Amalfi coast from the water."

That looks lovely.   I used to spend a lot of time in that area and on Capri  off season.  It is one of my favorite places in the world.  I hope they take you into Le Sireneuse hotel in Positano.  the views from there are amazing.  I am sure you will have a great time.  Wish I were going!

• Like 1

Ischia is definitely less crowded and has a very different vibe.  When I stayed there circa 2005, the signs were in German and Italian.  There was little to no English spoken.  There are numerous hot springs and more beaches than on Capri.   I never hiked the interior (not a clue why I have italics), but would have loved to do so.  I stayed at a quirky little old fashioned hotel in Sant. Angelo during the festival di San Michele and enjoyed watching the boat procession and then fireworks all over the hillside.

• Like 4