Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Wishing all of you who celebrate, A Very Happy Easter.  And to any of my Jewish friends, hoping you are having

a good Passover.

JP, I like to eat too, but my food never looks as fabulous as yours:classic_biggrin:

How big is your hospital?  It is truly an amazing thing, what you and your colleagues on the front lines are doing.

I realize you trained to be a Dr but I am guessing none of you expected something like this...…..:classic_sad:

All of you have my heartfelt thanks...…..

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Wishing all of you who celebrate, A Very Happy Easter.  And to any of my Jewish friends, hoping you are having a good Passover.

Yes, Happy Easter.  This is an important period for Christians and Jews, plus for other religions having observances during this Spring period. Easter is much more than colored eggs and candy rabbits.   Appreciate the various, many and wonderful funnies!!  We need those posts during these challenging times.  Keep 'em coming.   Best to J.P. and all others working in the healthcare areas.  

For those interested in the Good Friday, Easter, etc., history, I thought I would post a few visuals from our visit a little over two years ago to Jerusalem.  The history there, for three major religions, is huge and significant!!  That was our first visit there and we found it to be an amazing and moving experience. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

From late 2018, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East. Now at 18,132 views.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

Here is one example of what we saw and experienced in traveling in November 2018 along Jerusalem's Via Dolorosa.  This image is the most moving and meaningful as it involved a group from Central America doing this symbolic carrying of the cross along this painful/historic route.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

1017824056_CMY_76641.jpg.74870a8c59f68f534ff0412bcbd0f71c.jpg

Within the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem is the Stone of Anointing, where Jesus' body is said to have been anointed before burial.  Fortunately, I was able to capture this image when the numbers of people here was not too large or overwhelming.  This part of the church is right next to the site where Christ was crucified.:

473406819_CMY_75835.jpg.0ff603c074b1c62c09ee0069f189cbef.jpg

In visiting the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, here is a view inside the inner chamber of this church. We entered this inner sanctum (The Aedicule) as it is of the highest value connected to the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The second visual show my wife inside this very small and intimate chamber.:

581477801_CMY_756210.jpg.dc2257f2b305728ad169b0f29d63c191.jpg

1359647289_CMY_75698.jpg.01a124b66206bbb3ae4222a67848d235.jpg

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mysty said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huTUOek4LgU

Andrea Bocelli Music For Hope

Appreciate this reminder/tip from mysty.  Excellent music, super singing voice, spectacular setting in this massive Milan Cathedral, etc.  See one screen shot below. 

1951378771_ScreenShot2020-04-12at1_22_44PM.thumb.png.29bada3d10bd72221aa87fbe541dcb4e.png

2 hours ago, silkismom said:

Wow duck legs, you must have a fantastic grocery store, we're luck to find whole ducks and then only once and awhile.

I also buy whole ducks, when I can find them, trim the breast for a different preparation, and save the legs. The liver gets made into pâté.

So, these were already in the freezer, saved for a special occasion.

Since folks could not attend Easter church services in person this am, there were several options offered on television.  Among the pulpit messages were many comments about this holiday period being about Spring and this being a season of "re-birth" after the long winter period.  

The Spring flowers are a part of that excitement for this time period.   Yesterday afternoon, before mowing the lawn for the first time, I did a little 10-15 minute walk around at home with my camera and wanted to share below a few of those visuals.  We fortunately have thousands of Spring flowers.  Below are just a few samples to represent the variety for which we are blessed.  Plus, you can see one of our four-legged visitors who like to explore our property and dine at this outdoor "Salad Bar"

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 229,604 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

Here is a small sampling of the Spring flowers yesterday during my home walk around.  Many different types of tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, etc.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

CMC_1609.thumb.jpeg.08cacbdde6d908724a68b221f3c80236.jpeg

CMC_1615.thumb.jpeg.b8ad1dad17f18613052a3fbd09d3e822.jpeg

CMC_1619.thumb.jpeg.9480bf8a732ab6b24fe354e9574291e4.jpeg

This is one of nine deer who greeted me yesterday afternoon in our back, wooded area.  You can see that this deer still has that thick winter coat.:

CMC_1653.thumb.jpeg.f3d4365c7ecf2af2490892354b49123c.jpeg

Here are some more of the varied types of daffodils at our home.  The final picture is of a type with four flowered heads on just one stem.  Love those types of flowers!:

CMC_1625.thumb.jpeg.16b7a80d993a02b69aede309c27a4003.jpeg

CMC_1666.thumb.jpeg.555c4640d2a0f6745f6b3b156873b3cd.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

How big is your hospital?  It is truly an amazing thing, what you and your colleagues on the front lines are doing.

I realize you trained to be a Dr but I am guessing none of you expected something like this...…..:classic_sad:

All of you have my heartfelt thanks...…..

Thanks, Lois. We have a pretty small facility. Our ICU is at most 10 beds (we usually run about 😎 but with the recovery room repurposed we could go to 15 and potentially convert 4 more ORs for a total of 19. More than that and it would get super ugly as we'd have to spill over into the general med-surg wards, plus we just don't have that many ventilators.

I trained for situations like this and I'm used to jumping from one fire to the next, trying to keep them out as best as I can. That part doesn't bother me, though after a while it gets really tiring. The part that's scary here is that the illness we're fighting, has a constant potential to infect us too. That has historically been a hazard of the job for centuries (think plague, TB, etc) but in the modern era it's pretty rare, since we like to be confident that we can cure most contagious infectious diseases. This one is a reminder that we sometimes can't...

So it looks a little scary at the moment. But we will persevere. The nurses have it far worse than I do.

93411718_10220226672211402_1613610713366921216_n.thumb.jpg.9ce2536c396fa149d8d479e6e634a3d4.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Jilly, is that a ham? Or a beef roast?

Lois, it’s a rolled loin of pork.  Done on the rotisserie it gives beautifully crisp crackle. 
We had a virtual lunch with the family.  Our grandchildren were allowed to choose the menu!

They chose cabana and cheezels as well as cheese and meats.  Not their usual healthy food. 
Self isolating must be getting to my daughter 😂

8C095361-816B-4C57-BA67-EC9586A448B0.thumb.jpeg.1852193c49c3a571f518628938033bc4.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jillyf said:

Lois, it’s a rolled loin of pork.  Done on the rotisserie it gives beautifully crisp crackle. 
We had a virtual lunch with the family.  Our grandchildren were allowed to choose the menu!

They chose cabana and cheezels as well as cheese and meats.  Not their usual healthy food. 
Self isolating must be getting to my daughter 😂

8C095361-816B-4C57-BA67-EC9586A448B0.thumb.jpeg.1852193c49c3a571f518628938033bc4.jpeg

image.jpeg

Jilly, I LOVE Pork Loin!!!! And your granddaughter is so very pretty!

• Like 1

Jilly, that looks like my kind of Easter dinner! Sometimes we do a "tapas dinner" with some meats and cheeses, or shrimp cocktail, or some mushrooms sauteed in sherry, when we don't want to cook a full meal.

Today we had a nice ham with horseradish sauce. Super easy meal, but delicious with air-fried potatoes and asparagus. And lots of leftovers for meals next week.

• Like 2

Love the image JP, captures the respect I feel for the nurses, and the anger I feel for what they and you doctors are having to deal with.  I remain concerned about you and your wife - as you said, no cure yet.  You, and all of us, need to be careful.

2 hours ago, jillyf said:

We had a virtual lunch with the family.

What a wonderful idea!  But too late for me to implement, my daughters are posting pictures on FB of their too much food dinners of which I would normally partake.  They've got leftovers in spite of the shortages, but I know nothing will go to waste.

I wish I had thought of what you did.  And of course Lois is right, your grand daughter looks grand.  I do intend to look into just what cheezels are. 

And thanks TLCOhio for the pictures, always a joy.

Cheezels. 

I’m not too keen on them but eat one and you want more. They are the yellow rings in the bowl on the table. 

Original Cheese The famous cheesy, ring-shaped snack with the finger-sized hole is baked to crispy, crunchy perfection and smothered with deliciously cheesy flavour. Pop them on your fingers and eat them one-by-one for Finger-licious Fun!". 

We have enough roast pork and vegetables for another meal. The only thing missing was parsnip. 
I did roast beetroot with brown sugar sprinkled before roasting in foil. It was delicious. 

Love your photos Terry. The blog you did of your Norway cruise inspired us to book it the next year

It was wonderful. 

• Like 1

Tough to compete with JP and his beautiful plates, but when you “shelter in place” for more than 7-days, everyone at the table gets their own bottle of wine. 😉  We loved having Silver Princess home for the holiday.

175CC623-C170-4C7C-B918-200C01DD350A.thumb.jpeg.10f50bc94cfe374546d835f71f30cb97.jpeg

Minty Green Pea Soup, Niman Ranch Ham, and Poupon Potatoes.  

ED4933F9-B217-436C-9C21-F8C924891EE0.jpeg

3F30B6ED-52DA-418C-9B82-C09481670DB2.jpeg

759B8D28-AD80-41F7-B445-1D70A4767117.jpeg

• Like 5

We literally just had the last bit melt this week and a fresh 4” decided to fall today.  Supposed to snow more tonight and all day tomorrow.  

Just a mere more 7-weeks to go and we should be all done with the white stuff for this season.  And, then we begin to pray we don’t see it again until after the Moon Cruise! 😁

• Like 2