Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Speaking of wildlife:  We've had a cow moose in the river reeds across from our house the past 2 days and when we drove down to see it better, a pretty red fox ran across the road. First time we've seen a moose here in the almost 30 years we've lived here. Of course we usually see deer, 9 paraded across the hill behind the house the other day.

moose 011-1.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, silkismom said:

Speaking of wildlife:  We've had a cow moose in the river reeds across from our house the past 2 days and when we drove down to see it better, a pretty red fox ran across the road. First time we've seen a moose here in the almost 30 years we've lived here. Of course we usually see deer, 9 paraded across the hill behind the house the other day.

moose 011-1.jpg

Happy Earth Day!!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

I thought the basic Hendricks was great in a Martini. I'm not much for the perfume drinks. I did like the Tanqueray. I think any cheap gin is good with tonic of choice. I still like Mud-slides ( adult milk shake ) with ice cream or a good Pina Colada with Myers rum.

I experimented with vodka martinis this weekend, using open bottles of Smirnoff, Stoli, and Absolut.  For the vermouth I used Carpano's Antica Formula and added a couple dashes of Fee Brothers Whiskey Barrel Aged Bitters.  This upcoming weekend, I think I’ll do the same but adjust the bitters to Regans’ Orange Bitters No. 6.

• Like 1

Below is a cute story sent to me today by a friend. Kids are cute and fun with what they say and share.  Also, below is a visual of the times and current conditions. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

A STORY SENT BY A FRIEND

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch.

At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray:  'Take only ONE . God is watching.'

Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies.

A child had written a note, 'Take all you want. God is watching the apples'.

Yes, we are ready to be covered up when we need to go out and about.  Even our 14-year-old yellow lab, Rudy, has his mask to be protected!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

1673095454_ScreenShot2020-04-22at11_25_10AM.thumb.png.324626d28ceed4d172c5639cdbc02160.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

I experimented with vodka martinis this weekend, using open bottles of Smirnoff, Stoli, and Absolut.  For the vermouth I used Carpano's Antica Formula and added a couple dashes of Fee Brothers Whiskey Barrel Aged Bitters.  This upcoming weekend, I think I’ll do the same but adjust the bitters to Regans’ Orange Bitters No. 6.

You guys are getting too fancy for me. I am now trying to deplete my stock from yesteryear.

patco whiskey -cs.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just in case you thought you were alone. Ha ha!

Be careful, because some people are starting to go stir crazy from living under the shelter-in-place mandate.
Actually, I've just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster while drinking coffee and we all agreed that things are getting really bad. I didn't mention anything to the washing machine, as she puts a different spin on everything. Certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant. In the end the iron straightened me out as she said everything will be fine, no situation is too pressing. The vacuum was very unsympathetic... told me to just suck it up, but the fan was more optimistic and hoped it would all soon blow over! The toilet looked a bit flushed when I asked its opinion, and didn’t say anything but the door knob told me to get a grip. The front door said I was unhinged and so the curtains told me to ........yes, you guessed it .....pull myself together I hope it made you smile
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

Mysty - guess your cruise on May 25th got cancelled?  What else do you and Myster have planned?  We are booked on the Moon from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale, but will probably cancel.

We have no plans DCC!  We knew the cancellation was coming and are disappointed but somewhat relieved.  I think we will sit tight and see how long it takes for our world to right itself.  We will go from there.  Thanks for thinking of us!  Best to you and HunE!

Mysty - how did you find a picture of my kitchen sink? 😉

The lack of travel plans is really messing with me. I am not happy unless I have 3 or 4 itineraries going at once in Tripit, and a bunch of flights showing up on my Delta app. Right now we have absolutely nothing to plan. I am at a bit of a loss, I have to admit!

China in June is canceled, and will be rescheduled at some point. Now waiting to see if Delta cancels our flights, or if not, we'll cancel them (penalty-free) and save the credit for a later date. We could possibly using it for the Ponant cruise in November (if that goes as scheduled), or China when that happens, or one of the SS cruises next year.

But I can't plan anything right now. So much is in flux now and it's hard to imagine what the travel scene will look like in a few months.

Looks like both Virgin Atlantic and Australia are in rough shape. We are sorry to see this; we've had really nice flights on both of them and their International Business cabin service has been very enjoyable when we've flown them. Our November cruise is scheduled to end in Darwin (if Australia lets that happen) and we had planned to hop over from Darwin to Brisbane to see our friend there before flying home on VA, direct from Brisbane-LAX. Was really looking forward to that - now, I will have to rethink that itinerary, once the dust settles, and we know what airlines are still flying.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jpalbny said:

The lack of travel plans is really messing with me. I am not happy unless I have 3 or 4 itineraries going at once in Tripit, and a bunch of flights showing up on my Delta app. Right now we have absolutely nothing to plan. I am at a bit of a loss, I have to admit!

China in June is canceled, and will be rescheduled at some point. But I can't plan anything right now. So much is in flux now and it's hard to imagine what the travel scene will look like in a few months.

Appreciate these details and this update from J.P.  YES, sadly, we are missing having travel options to consider and trips to be researched, etc.  That "prep" work is such super great fun for which to focus our dreams.  

Will this be the "look" of our upcoming summer?:

1867453912_ScreenShot2020-04-21at12_52_25PM.thumb.png.e37b70a6db8ab918a6a1a1d1fc861293.png

• Haha 1

Last night a friend forwarded to me a long list of various "puns" and other cute items for my enjoyment.  Below are the first couple of them packaged up into more interesting graphics element.  Like?  Want more?   You cannot say that you have not been properly warned to be on guard to avoid such items, if this type of humor does not "float your boat"!!

Today's big decision for my scheduling?  When do I go to the neighborhood Kroger store to pick up a couple of prescriptions?  Plus, my wife wants me to get working in doing basement clean-ups, but I will work hard to find other ways to avoid such efforts.  Lots of basement junk needing to be loaded onto a dumpster.    Why do today what you put off till tomorrow?  Especially during these forced "at-home" days??!!

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 49,228 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

1658991201_ScreenShot2020-04-24at8_45_16AM.thumb.png.c74d2b0f08fab6ea991193a4aa0a2cec.png

1031325074_ScreenShot2020-04-24at8_45_32AM.thumb.png.72ac6950910e2d4fcfe04e3e0f0a8f53.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Before anyone can object too much, below are a couple more punishing "puns".  If you don't like, I did not write these.  Only guilty of sharing. 

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Live/blog, June 2017 from Portugal to France along scenic Atlantic Coast.  Now at 30,461 views.  Many interesting pictures, details for history, food, culture, etc.:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

1158993267_ScreenShot2020-04-24at9_11_59AM.thumb.png.a648412fa831f4a20056991d716148da.png

1632281282_ScreenShot2020-04-24at9_12_11AM.thumb.png.89d854afbb68ab58f320d98f74b0aff1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1