Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

A neighbor posted this on our community website.

Venturing out didn't turn out well for me

It was a bad day for me going out for the first time in weeks. I’m ok but embarrassed. After spending the last two weeks quarantined inside the house and loosing my mind, I decided to go horseback riding, since I figured I would still be social distancing myself. I needed to get out. Anyway I got on the horse and the world became normal again. Feeling like a cowboy, I started going faster, but before I knew it, we were going faster, as fast as the horse could go. I couldn’t take the pace and fell off and caught my foot in the saddle stirrup, the horse was then dragging me. The horse just would not stop. Thankfully the manager at Food Lion came out and unplugged the machine. He actually had the nerve to take the rest of my coins so I wouldn’t try to ride the Elephant.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

Thank you all for all these wonderful stories, jokes, etc.  They really make a difference and remind me of why I miss you all so much.  Stay safe and stay healthy!

Lovely to hear from you!  Hope you are both keeping well!  And looking forward to meeting up again on the other side!

16 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Terry,  I feel a "sting" should be played after virtually everyone of your funnies.  How much longer will your show be playing on Cruise Critic? 😁

Appreciate this above comments and follow-up from Stemblefoot??  Not sure.  I'm kind of slow, but I'll assume the best and post more.  Have a just a few more of these items left and will play on.  Can always look for more.   Inspired by mysty and others, hopefully these help us all pass the time and have a little "change of pace" from what is so dominating the news and life these days. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1680031721_ScreenShot2020-04-30at7_38_35AM.thumb.png.c0f7bd3f01a2bf9229cff6d9e6b1cd14.png

2007729443_ScreenShot2020-04-30at7_38_47AM.thumb.png.37356c63e8068286a598efb65c67ca1b.png

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Terry,

I feel a "sting" should be played after virtually everyone of your funnies.  How much longer will your show be playing on Cruise Critic? 😁

I'm thinking it missed the mark.

4 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Oh I've missed you Jeff. 🙂

Hello you and all.   I am touched - but you know that !  Genuinely appreciate you thinking of me.  🙂 And answered here because I'm not clear anymore about what and where anyone can post what or whatever and  wherever without the attention of people with squints etc etc. 😞

Appreciate the rememberances and thoughts.  Have been thinking of you and others and how both you and your partne'rs business must be at the forefront of your attentions.  Horrible bleedin' times.  My thoughts with you both.  And I know I'm porbably in a minority who fears that this is simply the first wave of what may be existential, if you get my terrible morbid drift. We will get through this but there will be more ... and it will be even more sinsister.   I hope both of you get out of your capital prison with optimisim and sufficient cash for  bottles of gin and champers and enough to get a smile or two.  I hope you saw some of my stash of British Airways Avios Laurent Perrier Champers .... and here is the result of my supplier selling my favourite Aboslut at a discount. I cannot resist a bargain. And my incentive is to outlive my champers lake.  I intend at least to drink well, preferably without fully understanding all that is happening.  Cigars and Absolut Vanilla - who could want for more.  My voddy stash below .... wifey's elsewhere.  I now have a proper Cigar Room humidor with real industrial extraction and proper hepa air purifiers and so I feel we can suffer in some style.  I can sit and puff indoors without 'er indoors complaining about the smell. 🙂

We've been in lockdown now for nearly ten weeks.  Me - being a wimp - decided to make us safe when I first became terrified by this thing.  If you are fortunate enough to have a partner you love and space and outside space - then you count your blessings and shrug and hope for the best.  We haven't been down to Seaside for nine months and don't plan a visit soon. I do however plan to spend quality time with my vodka and champers and kitchen and cigars.  Who needs more.

Love and thoughts ot all Coolers.

🙂

19695724-C0A2-4E38-A872-AA215EB1F562.jpeg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

here is the result of my supplier selling my favourite Aboslut at a discount. I cannot resist a bragain.  I intend at least to drink well.  Cigars and Absolut Vanilla - who could want for more.  We haven't been down to Seaside for nine months and don't plan a visit soon. I do however plan to spend quality time with my vodka and champers.   Love and thoughts ot all Coolers.

Great to see Jeff posting here at the Cooler, plus in doing other comments on these CC Boards.  Kept it coming!!  Always fun and interesting, especially during these times when we need intellectual stimulation.  Too bad you have not been able to go down near your great shore location. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Love and thoughts ot all Coolers.

🙂

So wonderful to have you in the Cooler again J!  You have been missed!  Your kind sentiments are sent right back to you and Mrs. J!

Yes! You’re back! Hopefully you will come back often as I read the Coolers every single day and have always enjoyed your musings. You, Misty and others had such good repartee and her daily funnies, one a day, a perfect dose, are always appreciated!

• Thanks 1

Great to see Jeff back where he belongs. And that stash is awesome. Would be even better if it were nice gins, but quarantiners can't be choosers, I guess. 

Predictions for what this virus will do in the fall are anyone's guess. SARS v1 and  MERS never had a second wave, did they? And COVID-19 is another SARS-associated Coronavirus,  so one could hope it hits once and also disappears, like SARS v1 did.

But the 1918 Influenza pandemic had a nasty second wave. And, the biggest difference between the two SARS viruses is that COVID-19 got very widely distributed, much more than SARS v1 did, right? Does that mean more potential for a reservoir that will keep infecting us, like in 1918? Maybe.

Nobody knows. Guess we will have to live through it and see, until there's a vaccine. But there should be a pretty substantial reservoir of convalescent plasma available soon, which might mitigate the severity of a second wave.

Too many variables! Stay well, all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That’s quite a stash Jeff, I did spy the champers stash too, especially the LP Rose! You really have been missed here. We’re doing ok. My hotel got closed down straight away and my partner’s working from home. All of our staff are furloughed 😞 we’ve been decorating the Hotel and getting all the jobs done that never get done. Social life has been better than ever, I’ve been online partying with friends a few times a week, we even had a bingo night which was a lot of fun. Had plenty of time to cook, evenings off and weekends too! Still smiling, laughing and making the most of every minute we’re blessed with. Stay safe and go easy on the Voddy 🙂

• Like 2