Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Good Morning all .... and thanks to all for the kind words.  I haven't reall felt like posting because I've felt I've not an awful lot to say. 

Today is curry day.   We have deliveries each week from two different companies, Ocado and Morrisons.   Morrisons are relatively new to us be we're impressed with both their prices and quality.  And it is Korma day and a couple more Absolut!

Terry,  If you are looking for intellectual stimulation I am NOT  your man.  I'm merely irritant for many!

JP, I think the terror is not for me about another wave, I sort of almost expect that.  I think of this little chap as almost being human and I fear the next one will have learned from this one and will have an even more horrible personality. 

To UK people seeking refunds, I've been listening to the changing and responding authorities in the UK and for what it's worth I believe that there has been a change over the last few days that changes the rights of UK citizens when cruises are cancelled by the passenger.  It seems to me that it is possible that if a UK (and EU and possibly some Oz states .... ) citizen cancels a cruise in response to restrictions announced by any recognised international authority announcing restrictions including destinations abroad, then I hold the view that it might be considered unfair for a holiday organisation including cruise lines to impose a penalty.  This would be even less defensible if the cruiseline themseves subsequently cancelled for identical reasons to those of the passenger pre-empting that cancellation.  I believe a penalty might fall foul of the unfair contract terms provisions in consumer contracts laws.  In simple terms if a passenger is following authoritive instructions that is then subsequently followed by the line and it offers full refunds, it is obvious to me that is, that a penalty would be unfair. 

This means in my view cancellations made by passengers because of these restrictions should get a full refund, and if it is refused they should make a chargeback or a section 75 claim and if that is refused a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.  Such a complaint takes time but is simple costs nothing to the consumer.  These times are different and it is my sense that consumer authorities are becoming more strident in the consumers' favour on cancellations. This is simply my opinion and I give it a 50/50 chance or better and hope that others try and find I might be right!

Jeff

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny.....

95140623_2929162010464144_6010494641248403456_n.jpg.64c763efc36c41d8a485a528204ed19d.jpg

Have a great safe day all!

Yikes, the stuff of nightmares! 

I grew up on a farm and we had a few geese and a gander. My mom loved him and named him Aloysius. He was a nasty critter. One day when I was about 5, he chased me and knocked me down, and beat on me with his wings! Lucky he didn't nip me too much...

Still not a fan of geese. Every now and then, I roast one for revenge. 🤣🍗

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Yikes, the stuff of nightmares! 

I grew up on a farm and we had a few geese and a gander. My mom loved him and named him Aloysius. He was a nasty critter. One day when I was about 5, he chased me and knocked me down, and beat on me with his wings! Lucky he didn't nip me too much...

Still not a fan of geese. Every now and then, I roast one for revenge. 🤣🍗

I'm definitely with you on the nastiness of geese JP!  We lived next to a "pet" goose who would nip you right through the fence if you got too close.  I think geese come with a very bad attitude!   Very "unCanadian".  ☺️

• Haha 1

Full disclosure...this is not a photo I took.  I stumbled on it this morning and it reminded me that we live in a world full of beauty.  Our current struggles will not last forever.  Find the joy folks!  This was my bit of wonder for today.....

94830940_2911744385613029_9114172484764041216_o.jpg.f2f73d6e0b0416cd10bccd5536b9a5e3.jpg

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Gorgeous birds, what are they and where from?

European bee-eater  Abelharuco (Merops apiaster).....The European bee-eater is a near passerine bird in the bee-eater family, Meropidae. It breeds in southern Europe and in parts of north Africa and western Asia. It is strongly migratory, wintering in tropical Africa. 

• Like 1

This little girl comes to her new home with us on Wednesday. Can't wait! 

IMG-20200501-WA0001.jpg

She's a fox red labrador BTW. Company for our 4-year-old black lab seen here in his favourite position:

IMG_20200425_181519.thumb.jpg.2c91897990bd5be1a2727a1cae4de3d3.jpg

Edited by Tothesunset
  • Like 8

51 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

This little girl comes to her new home with us on Wednesday. Can't wait!      She's a fox red labrador BTW. Company for our 4-year-old black lab seen here in his favourite position:

Super love the new lab puppy coming to your home.  Labs are wonderful as we have posted previously about our Rudy, the 14-year-old yellow lab.  Below are a couple of items that hopefully are not too punishing. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

596828427_ScreenShot2020-05-01at4_41_11PM.thumb.png.1653f0c0b22aa36cb9c0162fae19ce6e.png

542280637_ScreenShot2020-05-01at4_41_24PM.thumb.png.201ca30c811c391ac2c54325bebb49d6.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

TTS, they look like wonderful companions to be quarantined with. Enjoy their company! 

We have been eating too much, as usual. Last night I used up some unpressed grapes that were past their prime, in an odd dish that I hadn't tried before. Pork chops with grapes and tarragon. 

You cut the grapes in half and sautée them until the skins burst and break down a little into a sauce. Augment with a little red wine, naturally. The flesh of the grapes stayed intact. Looked weird! But tasty.

20200430_175333.thumb.jpg.7232d1f046c73075f751ad3b033e3124.jpg

Tonight I made some chicken thighs with a cheese and herb filling wrapped inside, then pan-fried with a cream sauce. So much for my pre-dinner exercise...I think the first bite made up for all of the calories that I burned! It was worth it.

20200501_180606.thumb.jpg.ea1b8191c3977e0fc65e086c1198b6de.jpg

Hopefully, I will have time to burn those calories this weekend. Have to work, but then will have a little time to wind down next week. Have a great weekend all!

• Like 2

To the delight of some, I might be done with my original pile of "punishing puns".  Below is maybe the last one.  And, it is prepared up in a symbolic stop sign shape. 

Here in central Ohio, we are heading to warm and sunny later today.  That's nice and helpful to pass the time while being in our "shelter-in-place" period. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Per AccuWeather for Columbus, below is our current weather, plus what it will be like this afternoon.  Great to be in the 70'sF!!  Plus, sunny!!:

1317171024_ScreenShot2020-05-02at10_25_24AM.png.19e95dea35636cd87a5be4b5ff92326b.png

191525481_ScreenShot2020-05-02at10_22_43AM.thumb.png.0e0a047eb9762b1519e709b1769d7cc6.png

37 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Ok all let's play a game.

I am not coming out of quarantine until I find my lost shaker of salt.

I'm not coming out of quarantine until I find Paradise Lost.

• Haha 1