Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

52 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Im not coming out of quarantine until I find out who shot the deputy.

I'm not coming out of quarantine until the three little kittens find their mittens!

• Like 1

I am not coming out of quarantine until "Colón baje el dedo".

Sorry, I just had to say that.  It refers to a Puerto Rican saying NEVER.  There is a big statue of Christopher Columbus at the entrance of Old San Juan, with his arm raised and his index finger pointing... His finger, of course, will always point and never come down.  All generations since have used this phrase to signify NEVER.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

I am not coming out of quarantine until I find out where waldo is!

For my interests, I want to know who really shot J.R. Ewing during the Dallas TV series and why he was not dead?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

428933991_ScreenShot2020-05-02at4_31_37PM.thumb.png.f2d41bd56cc4040bbb9923c482ad2b36.png

Hi friends,  well, I have been in the hospital all week:classic_blink:...….I had gone to the Dr on Monday......he told me to go to

to the ER...…..after all that, seems my kidney's went bonkers:classic_sad:......renal failure.  I am MUCH better----they released

me today.  Diabetic too...……..new diet/life is having to start...………..hope everyone on here is

doing ok!!!!   (not sure what the hell actually happened) but I feel much better.

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi friends,  well, I have been in the hospital all week:classic_blink:...  seems my kidney's went bonkers:classic_sad:......renal failure.  I am MUCH better----they released me today.  Diabetic too...……..new diet/life is having to start...………..hope everyone on here is doing ok!!!!   (not sure what the hell actually happened) but I feel much better.

Glad you're back.  Does not sound like a fun week!!  Take it easy and catch up on a busy week of many postings here at the Cooler. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Lois! Glad you are back, but what an eventful week. Sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations, but glad things are looking better.

In a bit of positive news, our VA hospital discharged our first ventilated Covid-19 patient today! There was a big send-off and a live Facebook video (search Albany Stratton VA Medical Center if you want). He was with us in ICU for almost 3 weeks on a ventilator, but recovered. Definitely something to lift our spirits and keep us going in these trying times. 

• Like 6

Thank you all for the good wishes.   I know, I know, it is better that I was home but omg...…..they gave me SO MUCH

PAPERWORK,,,,,,to read. etc......new Diabetes stuff...……...I have a Health care worker calling me next week too.

I hope I can live a  regular life:classic_blink:  Had to get insulin today too...…...all new things....HELP.

Wow Lois!  Lots of new things to read up on and learn. Very good that you are feeling better though. 
Continue getting well and getting back to your regular life. 

JP, it must give your team great satisfaction seeing someone so sick being discharged. Calls for celebration most definitely. 

• Thanks 1

I'm not coming out of quarantine until I can fill out this survey correctly! I will keep trying...

1547988812_LockdownJP.thumb.jpg.db36f133d8ed2fcfd374a319c3377536.jpg

(thanks for the inspiration, zqtchas!)

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

JP, was the patient given Remdesivir?

Stumbles, no. Just HCQ/Azithromycin. We haven't had any luck getting remdesivir yet. Nor have we been able to use any convalescent plasma, though we keep hearing that its arrival is imminent.

10 hours ago, jillyf said:

JP, it must give your team great satisfaction seeing someone so sick being discharged. Calls for celebration most definitely. 

Yes! Just one more day/night of on-call then I can celebrate!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing that's a benefit of the Covid precautions and handwashing is a mighty drop in the number of C Difficile infections. 

Let's hope people maintain these hygiene habits once this is all over 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, jpalbny said:

In a bit of positive news, our VA hospital discharged our first ventilated Covid-19 patient today! There was a big send-off and a live Facebook video (search Albany Stratton VA Medical Center if you want). He was with us in ICU for almost 3 weeks on a ventilator, but recovered. Definitely something to lift our spirits and keep us going in these trying times

Did not realize, J.P., that your VA Hospital in Albany is named after Congressman Samuel Stratton.  Know any of his history?  He served thirty years in Congress, including on the House Armed Services Committee.  During World War II he was in the Navy and served in the South Pacific on the staff of General Douglas MacArthur. I had a chance to meet him in the mid 1980's and get a tour of his office.  My Congressman was also on the Armed Service Committee and took me into talk with him.  He showed me a number of pictures of him with John F. Kennedy.  The two of them were close and were at Harvard at the same time in the late 1930's.  Interesting history and connections for Samuel Stratton.  He had a solid and respected reputation.  From meeting and talking with him, you could tell he was a "class act".  He passed away in 1990 at age 73 and is buried at Arlington National Cemetery.  

THANKS for sharing the details about this Covid-19 patient at your hospital! 

Enjoy the day!  Terry in Ohio

From late 2018, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East. Now at 18,206 views.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

Below from Brooklyn's wonderful Neil Diamond.:

2023653353_ScreenShot2020-05-03at8_47_25AM.thumb.png.b623cd7686442d6769b4bd3d924a7c90.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zqtchas said:

dui.png

I'm safe tonight since I'm on call, but if it's still there tomorrow night, I'm screwed...

2 hours ago, zqtchas said:

jello - r.png

No. I might consider becoming vegan first.

And isn't that aspic, not Jell-O? 😉

Edited by jpalbny
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

I'm safe tonight since I'm on call, but if it's still there tomorrow night, I'm screwed...

No. I might consider becoming vegan first.

And isn't that aspic, not Jell-O? 😉

didn't know how to spell "aspic".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1