Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

11 minutes ago, iMarco46 said:

Roy Scheider 😉

Thank you iMarco 46 it was on the top of my tounge!!! Don't want this thread to get to morbid but somehow I'm proud what I've come through & take it on the chin (and I have  a big chin!!!)  I'm so do looking forward to cruising & of course Motocross ( pays for my cruising lol).  🚢

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, I have been out this morning and did not see the news about the BIG 10! ..... So one of the "BIG BOYS" is opting out.  I wonder if it will have a trickle down effect.....

YES!!  Expect the closing of college football this fall to trickle down to most of the other major conferences.  Clearly, the SEC in the southern part of the U.S. will be among the last to accept the type of "REALITY"!!  There is literally billions of dollars at play here, plus all of the other macho-ego factors/reasons.  College football is a contact sport with eleven players in a huddle, being close together on the sidelines, tackling each other, defensive backs shadowing receivers, etc., etc.  No reasonable "SOCIAL DISTANCING" is possible.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Maybe its just me, but I'm feeling we need some very innovative thinking around sports returning, schools opening, cruising starting and many other issues these days.  Wish I could offer some... but there has got to be a way to do these things and do them right.  Let's keep our ears open.

World travel is highly educational and opens our eyes to other cultures. Can't wait to continue the journey.  From my experience to date, both "I am a little upset" from our neighbors to the North, or

2 hours ago, SteveH2508 said:

In England that would be (colloquially): "I am a tad miffed".

from an English person would definitely worry this American if I were the object of these polite rebukes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lvshack said:

Yes I know it's probably not your favourite but I guess I identified with him being he had multiple myeloma... Also ( I'm sorry what's his name from jaws

also died from it.) When I was diagnosed in 2013 never heard of it ... But after a successful stem cell transplant in 2014 (I've  ;been lucky not having any treatment to date ) I'm still here and living life to the full ...posted I think on another thread ( you know me can't remember which one I'm reply to ) about some biker race which  is apparently big in the USA!!! I sent a photo of my lovely husband who at the age of 60 still does Motocross here in the UK veteran over 60,s which he loves

He follows the US Motocross  series and lives & breathes it & always dreamed of racing in the US 

( Not everybody's favourite sport I know)  my favourite heart throbe in early 80,s UK was Kurt nickol ) now leaving in USA .. anyway thanks for reading ....

I do not know if the name Travis Pastrana is known in the UK, but he is a big motocross guy here.  I sold my “fixer upper” to him two years ago.

1 hour ago, Emtbsam said:

I do not know if the name Travis Pastrana is known in the UK, but he is a big motocross guy here.  I sold my “fixer upper” to him two years ago.

He most certainly is!!! Hot sauce !!!! My husband knows ( well not personally) all the riders !!! 

2 hours ago, Lvshack said:

He most certainly is!!! Hot sauce !!!! My husband knows ( well not personally) all the riders !!! 

2 hours ago, Lvshack said:

Sorry emtbsam had have been corrected by my husband he's not !! Hot sauce!! 

That's another rider ... But certainly knows Travis 😏

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning from rainy North Florida.............I have a dentist appt for a cleaning this morning.......

We escaped heavy rain and storms last night that were passing through the Midwest.  Expect it to be a high of 88F and humid today.  

Have a couple of voices below from the past speaking to aging, going to heaven or hell, etc.  One from each side of the Atlantic to benefit our UK friends. Do we take any of these comments personally?

Did gain more info from my kidney CAT scan last week.  Yes, have a stone down there.  About 10 cm in size, but supposedly in a fairly stable location.  Will follow up this week with an X-Ray to determine if the stone is calcium or not to figure out the next, best option.  No pain.  It's just sitting there and behaving.  Maybe, if??!! 

1364778320_ScreenShot2020-08-11at8_26_27AM.thumb.png.b856c0e374d1c49ed0251fb6eeca4549.png

1505122620_ScreenShot2020-08-11at8_26_45AM.png.8135dcd0d0e401ccb76c00d25b770281.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lvshack said:

Sorry emtbsam had have been corrected by my husband he's not !! Hot sauce!! 

That's another rider ... But certainly knows Travis 😏

Here is the view from the house he bought.  I miss the view, I don't miss all the extra work!

IMG_0248-photo.JPG

• Like 3

On 7/20/2020 at 9:11 AM, mysty said:

Chas, it looks like you live on an estate!  Gorgeous grounds!

Mysty, thank you for all you're kind comments. Below is a picture of the house on a half acre "estate". It is next to a wooded area

along the George Washington Mem Parkway. It it about a 20 minute walk down a rocky path under the parkway bridge to the Potomac river's edge. It is two traffic lights to D.C. (but quite  few stop signs).

But alas, time  doing  what time does. It was time to down size. So we went from a 5 br  4 1/2 ba to a 2+2 condo next to the metro so we could just lock the door and catch a sailing ship. And now you know the rest of the story.

house.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Mysty, thank you for all you're kind comments. Below is a picture of the house on a half acre "estate". It is next to a wooded area

along the George Washington Mem Parkway. It it about a 20 minute walk down a rocky path under the parkway bridge to the Potomac river's edge. It is two traffic lights to D.C. (but quite  few stop signs).

But alas, time  doing  what time does. It was time to down size. So we went from a 5 br  4 1/2 ba to a 2+2 condo next to the metro so we could just lock the door and catch a sailing ship. And now you know the rest of the story.

house.jpg

Thanks for the history Chas!  Your estate was sumptuous!  And all the pictures were an absolute delight!  I understand the down size issue.  Myster and I sold the home we had lived in for 40 years in September last and moved to a rental apartment in a small town (11,000 people) about 40 minutes away.  Turned out well for us!  We sold when the market was hot and moved into a four story building where we have been lucky enough to "bubble" with two lovely couples.  I hope you are enjoying your condo!

• Thanks 2

Just posted on another thread on this Silversea CC board about more worldwide developments as to how the cruising re-start is not getting close and/or going to happen soon.  Infection rates are super high in Texas, Florida, plus things are popping back up in Germany, Spain, France, Greece, etc.  Viking has scrubbed all of their scheduled cruises till the end of this year.  Going to need to keep hunkering down for the upcoming future.  

1815207936_ScreenShot2020-08-13at10_10_52AM.thumb.png.c3525ec576cf2e0e6188f90dc4519001.png

145584431_ScreenShot2020-08-13at10_10_37AM.thumb.png.de8848fe0670b6c4e6ef45512ca8f3a5.png