Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi Coolers, TB, cute bear😀

Well, this is another couple of weeks of Dr's appts/procedures/tests for me.........

Had a GP appt last week...today was blood work.   Yesterday saw my Kidney Doc and she wants me to have an Ultrasound on them which will be Tuesday.  And tomorrow I have a follow up Endoscopy with the GI Guy😲..........never ending.   Wish me luck on all of it please🙂

• Like 2

TrulyBlonde -love the little  bear - but aren't the grown up ones dangerous?  We don't have any in this part of the world, as you probably  know.

Lois - lots of luck with your various procedures.  Should be worth it in the end, when you will hopefully get great results.

jp is having a lovely time on Le Ponant - see his reports.

Lola

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Jeff and the others about bullying, which has been really nasty on some other CC boards.  And as a citizen I agree that it is necessary to stand up to bullying.  But as a Host I have to point out that CC asks you not to respond but rather to Report the offending post [first option in the three dot drop-down menu at top right of each post] with an explanation of why it upsets you.  A host will then review it, remove it [not always, as mysty said it's not always clear to others that offense is justified] – and most importantly, when serious enough or when a pattern emerges, give the bully a Guideline Reminder [like a yellow card] or a time out [red card].  I have seen several bullies banned for life, with very positive results for the Boards they were terrorizing.

And BTW, nasty, snarky and passive-aggressive bullying are all grounds for post removal.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Coolers, TB, cute bear😀

Well, this is another couple of weeks of Dr's appts/procedures/tests for me.........

Had a GP appt last week...today was blood work.   Yesterday saw my Kidney Doc and she wants me to have an Ultrasound on them which will be Tuesday.  And tomorrow I have a follow up Endoscopy with the GI Guy😲..........never ending.   Wish me luck on all of it please🙂

Yes, quite a bit to handle. Wishing you luck on all of this and continued health. This must be stressful for you. xo

45 minutes ago, lincslady said:

TrulyBlonde -love the little  bear - but aren't the grown up ones dangerous?  We don't have any in this part of the world, as you probably  know.

Yes, they are dangerous and this is why I like to see them from my window. When we go hiking I always bring my hiking poles to fend one off, just in case. Probably would not help 😞

I have a friend from Melbourne OZ who also has a farm. (We met on a cruise years ago and always keep in touch). I love seeing her photos of kangaroos hopping thru her pasture. We do not have those and they are so funny.

Thanks for all the good wishes......JP, you would know😃and there are times I want to say, the hell with it...and cancel all my Dr's, but I know that would not be the smartest thing to do............so I just try to take it as it comes---and hopefully it will all be ok.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

I have been trying to post on CC.com for a while and although it says I am logged in, nothing I wrote would “take” in the system.

i am looking forward to hearing JP’s comparison of Silversea and Ponant.

Same thing happened to me a few hours ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emtbsam said:

I have been trying to post on CC.com for a while and although it says I am logged in, nothing I wrote would “take” in the system.

i am looking forward to hearing JP’s comparison of Silversea and Ponant.

The same thing has been happening to me. Awhile back Host Jazzbeau said cc is aware & working on it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mysty said:

@zqtchas you lost your great profile picture!  Z is good and the other was distinctive!  Too distinctive?

I liked the crab, Chesapeake bay good eating. But somebody else started using it too, so I  am thinking of what to use next!!   Maybe I can find a pic of Zorro?

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

I liked the crab, Chesapeake bay good eating. But somebody else started using it too, so I  am thinking of what to use next!!   Maybe I can find a pic of Zorro?

That would be awesome!  If you're serious I will look too! 😁

15 minutes ago, mysty said:

Do you fancy this.....

signe-de-zorro-1940-12-g.0.0.jpg.20dcd7ddcac34b2497b6698433ef8277.jpg

As you can see,  I fancied it just fine & dandy. Thank you.

Now I think I will go & have a martini & shrimp to celebrate your expert help.

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

I am looking forward to hearing JP’s comparison of Silversea and Ponant.

I posted a few food pix on FB for you. Enjoy!

We are eating very well and having a great time. Full comparison after the cruise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Mysty,😀 sure.....I could use a refresher on "new avators".  I knew had to add one a long time ago but can't remember how anymore.  

Do you have something in mind Lois that you could identify with?  Something unique to you?  Something Florida related,  or any specific interests?  

• Haha 1