Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

39 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Lois:

? toxoplasmosis  from the cat?

Mysty love the wine tasting journey!

Hi Spins, I can't remember what he told me it was.....but he said it took the Dr's a long time to figure out what was wrong with him. He said they had a stray that would come around and they would put food out for her.....well, she must have had some kind of contagious disease.......he is finally recovering but  did say he is going to be practicing at a different office after the new year (one closer to his home but further away from me....he will be at the beach). I will look his new address up because I really like him and will stay with him. 

Yes, Mysty, your wine tasting sounded very fun😀

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Lois:

? toxoplasmosis  from the cat?

Mais oui, Spins. Vous avez raison ! 

Just practicing for the week. I think that Spins is very likely correct. Toxo is more common in immunocompromised people but can affect people who don't seem to have an immune defect. And yes cats carry it though supposedly not indoor cats. They have to pick it up outdoors. Or so they say!

This is the rationale behind saying that pregnant women should not clean the litter box. Toxoplasmosis can cause severe harm to the fetus.

Only thing is that it's not a virus. It's a protozoan. Steroids work well to reduce the swelling while the antibiotics kick in.

And yes, it would be low on the list for someone with a normal immune system. We saw it all the time in AIDS patients back in the antediluvian times (1990s) but not much any more. 

• Thanks 1

Hi JP, thanks for the explanation. I always appreciate you and your input😀. All  know is he said it took a long time for them to finally figure out what was wrong......and his case of Covid was bad. He was in the ICU......on a ventilator......fortunately he came out on the other side. And both things were happening within the same time frame....(sort of crossed over)............he did tell me his eye is recovering but still a bit fuzzy.

So you and Chris must be getting excited.........been a long time!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Okay @mysty, I’m guessing for the Australian you went with the Art Series bottling by Leeuwin Estate.

Stumble I looked up the wine you mentioned on the LCBO website.   It appears on the site and there is none in stock.  The price is listed at $99.  EGAD!  I think you may have vastly overestimated our resources!  🤣   Remember the story of the country mice and the city mice?  We're more like the country mice!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

Lois has been on multiple cruises so far this year, so I am a little green(er) with envy! 😉

I have to be honest,  I had told myself once they had a re-start I was going. The Alaska cruise was really last minute.  The Greece cruise I booked when they re-opened that itinerary which was back in April.   So yes, a couple of cruises.

If you don't set a custom icon, CC gives you the standard:  the first character of your screen name.  It uses a different color for each letter, but everybody with the same letter gets the same color.

So the solution to the problem is to choose your own icon, either from the CC list of options or by uploading a photo or graphic of your own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Mais oui, Spins. Vous avez raison ! 

Just practicing for the week. I think that Spins is very likely correct. Toxo is more common in immunocompromised people but can affect people who don't seem to have an immune defect. And yes cats carry it though supposedly not indoor cats. They have to pick it up outdoors. Or so they say!

This is the rationale behind saying that pregnant women should not clean the litter box. Toxoplasmosis can cause severe harm to the fetus.

Only thing is that it's not a virus. It's a protozoan. Steroids work well to reduce the swelling while the antibiotics kick in.

And yes, it would be low on the list for someone with a normal immune system. We saw it all the time in AIDS patients back in the antediluvian times (1990s) but not much any more. 

Remember psittacosis…another one of those we saw back in the day

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Once again I learn that I know less than I think I know...

Socrates & Plato would be proud.

I'm taking this on-line Philosophy course from Penn.  Decided to do so when I realized I'm getting pretty old but still have no clue what these old Greeks had to say, Jazz's post gave me an excuse to bring it up... admitting what we don't know is a beautiful thing!  (I think...let me finish the course)

Are retired folks still allowed extra wine on Friday nights?

• Like 2

Our Prime Minister requested that our Governor General dissolve Parliament for a Federal election (request to drop the writ).  The election date is September 20th.  We went to vote at the advance polls today.  We waited outside in line with masks for 30 minutes.  Due to COVID we were required to supply contact details prior to approaching the polling station.  The whole process took about 50 minutes.   Election day will be a dumpster fire!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Socrates & Plato would be proud.

I'm taking this on-line Philosophy course from Penn.  Decided to do so when I realized I'm getting pretty old but still have no clue what these old Greeks had to say, Jazz's post gave me an excuse to bring it up... admitting what we don't know is a beautiful thing!  (I think...let me finish the course)

Are retired folks still allowed extra wine on Friday nights?

Absolutely allowed extra wine on Friday nights Que!  In fact it's strongly encouraged! 😁

• Like 2

Good morning coolers,.......just watching some of the memorial events at Ground Zero.....20 years.

JP, wishing you and Chris a beautiful trip.......smooth sailing and fair seas.  Big Bon Voyage to both of you🙂

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Once again I learn that I know less than I think I know...

I guess I am the stupidest person on the Cooler, as I have no idea how the 'avatar' system works, nor do I understand Jazzbeau's earlier reply.  Obviously too many  extra wines have addled my brain.

Apologies.

However, two very bright girls contesting the final of the US Open today; should be well worth watching for anyone remotely interested in tennis.

We are all thinking about today 20 years  ago here, as well.

Lola

• Like 2