Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

4 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

I have to frequently log off & on. desk top & ipad!

even when I am still logged on!!

Oh.......I usually post a thread over on the help forum when I have technical issues. The moderators over there are pretty helpful.

• Thanks 1

I was asked to look into the CC website issues on the  Azamara forum, and this is the answer:

they are aware of these issues [including weird posting, not being able to post, and reactions not being able to be used] and believe they all stem from a recent software release by the forums software vendor.  Deleting cookies and/or cached pages seems to work for most.  No ETA for a real fix yet.

The log in/log out issue has been identified and they are working on scheduling implementation of the fix.  [Sounds complicated.  Let's hope this fix doesn't cause more bugs!]

PS – This is why I'm still using Microsoft Office 2011...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

jp - you must be about to set off on your Ponant trip - I wonder if you are just taking carry-on luggage?  I hope you will report back when you have time, or maybe you will put  review on the Ponant board. 

Have a great trip, and hopefully no Covid  testing snafus.

Lola

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

New profile picture, thanks Mysty!  Reminds me I've got a box full of old records around here somewhere

Profile picture suits you Que!  🥰  We have stacks of LPs in our wall unit! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

And we have some too.  A collection from long ago, see the charlottes web reading, and other prehistoric stuff…

And some 45s

DE9C437A-7D6D-44F0-81C7-2A4AF8F772CE.thumb.jpeg.f962130879014258aab6f3cff1c76e07.jpeg

Hi Spins,🙂 WOW........that is alot of albums!!!

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Spins,🙂 WOW........that is alot of albums!!!

Yes there are more, but alas we never play them.

i remember way back when I saved my allowance and babysitting money to buy an album. 

Some of the “records” on those shelves are from my husband’s era, and they are not vinyl! 

I am one of those people who save stuff. Not quite a hoarder, although I must confess that my mother called me that when she found my stash of year old Hallowe’en candy that I was secreting in a drawer to keep it away from my sister.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Yes there are more, but alas we never play them.

i remember way back when I saved my allowance and babysitting money to buy an album. 

Some of the “records” on those shelves are from my husband’s era, and they are not vinyl! 

I am one of those people who save stuff. Not quite a hoarder, although I must confess that my mother called me that when she found my stash of year old Hallowe’en candy that I was secreting in a drawer to keep it away from my sister.

My parents recorded a song on 78s when they were dating in the late 1940s.  The record is long gone now.   I think the song they recorded was "Because You Come To Me".

37 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Put on headphones so I could enjoy it a 2nd time!  🎧

Somehow brought a tear to my eye the first time - South Africa - the changes we've seen there in a lifetime.  Newest addition to my want-to-visit bucket list.

Que, we loved Cape Town and Walvis Bay, Namibia.   

• Like 1

Tonight Myster and I are hosting a Chardonnay tasting with our Wine Club.  We formed this group of 3 couples when we moved into this apartment complex.  We kept each other going during our many lockdowns with virtual video chats.  Now that we have a little less restriction we are trying to catch up on the fun we missed.  I have selected 5 Chardonnays (hopefully) close to these classifications....

Classic Burgundy (including Chablis):  They're crisp and lean, with strong underlying minerality and little or no oak. 

No oak: Lean, clean and balanced but from areas outside Burgundy.

Blended Australian: Modest oak (vanilla, caramel flavors) and lemony crispness. 

Classic California: Round, buttery and oaky. 

Modified California Classic: A significant oak presence, but dial back the buttery component. 

I have wrapped each bottle in brown paper to conceal the label.  Wines come from four countries....France, Canada, Australia and the US (California).  I was limited to wines available from our LCBO.  Guests will be asked to identify the category and the country.  Should be fun!  Here is my preliminary layout (wine not poured yet)......

20210909_182553.jpg.c071d15b8338cdd5b46b3a54dafeb220.jpg

Nibbles include cheese, popcorn and chocolate.  Dixie cups for water.  Pens are provided for notes and a reminder of the 5 categories appears above the place mat.  Let the fun begin!

• Like 3