Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Good people, no doubt, hope you have a great time!

What a delightful home page they have.  Each of my daughters  worked as servers as they made their way, I'm quite certain none of them were ever on a web page!

Ask me for a shovel

and I'll dig you a hole

Put the coffee on

I'll drag you in from the cold

If you get lost....

Edited by QueSeraSera
clarity
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Good people, no doubt, hope you have a great time!

What a delightful home page they have.  Each of my daughters  worked as servers as they made their way, I'm quite certain none of them were ever on a web page!

Ask me for a shovel

and I'll dig you a hole

Put the coffee on

I'll drag you in from the cold

If you get lost....

Thanks Que!  Adore Great Big Sea!  Black Tartan Kitchen is an amazing place!  The chef owner is a very special guy!  During the pandemic shutdown while his restaurant was closed he made bread and chili for the local food bank.   This the kind of thing I want to support!  Easy to do as the food this magician makes is incredible!

• Like 2

Good morning from Corsica! 

We went to bed after dinner and slept solidly until about 7:15.

20210913_080210.thumb.jpg.8bbff2033704e20a8da05af6f40ac33e.jpg

A light breakfast in the bar. The pain au chocolat was delicious! 

20210913_074245.thumb.jpg.628d9368a234709b2ea59a4f7abfae9d.jpg

Views from the bow were pleasant. Nice temperature with a light breeze. We are anchored just off Saint-Florent.

20210913_080532.thumb.jpg.61588bace4c85df777ac7dae2fb9f697.jpg

The mountains still have lots of morning haze. Looks dreamy!

20210913_081101.thumb.jpg.0d1410d7a5b463c83f67beff9378fdbf.jpg

This morning, a 1 hour zodiac ride along the coast. This afternoon, a walking tour of the town then we'll wander a bit on our own. Wine shopping perchance? 

• Like 4

Bonjour, jp and Chris

Your petit dejeuner looks very French - although the coffee perhaps Italian?  I wonder if your wines and drinks are mostly very French too  -  I imagine more cognac than single malts, and if the wines are local, or mostly from mainland France.  Hope  they pass your 'drinkable'  test.  And I guess the dishes at lunch and dinner will tend towards French cuisine, which  could be excellent.

Lots of us looking forward to reading more, and seeing more pictures  

Lola

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning coolers, JP, enjoying your narrative about the trip🙂

Mysty, did you once go to that restaurant for a New Year's Eve Dinner a couple of year's back? I seem to recall you previously had really good things to say about about them.  Happy to hear they are re-opening🙂

I saw Jeff posted on the long SS thread (and about why the website was shut down). Hope he pops in here to say hello🙂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning coolers, JP, enjoying your narrative about the trip🙂

Mysty, did you once go to that restaurant for a New Year's Eve Dinner a couple of year's back? I seem to recall you previously had really good things to say about about them.  Happy to hear they are re-opening🙂

I saw Jeff posted on the long SS thread (and about why the website was shut down). Hope he pops in here to say hello🙂

Great memory Lois!  Yes, that is the restaurant where we enjoyed a New Year's Eve dinner.  

7 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Good morning from Corsica! This morning, a 1 hour zodiac ride along the coast. This afternoon, a walking tour of the town then we'll wander a bit on our own. Wine shopping perchance? 

Great to hear that you are there and doing an excellent job of posting about this "adventure" to Corsica, etc.  Loving the visuals!!  Keep up the great sharing.  Can't get enough.  How full is your ship and the nationality mix of passengers on board?  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 242,564 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• Thanks 1

Meaning is made in conversation, reality is created in communication, and knowledge is generated through social interaction.... Language is the vehicle through which we create our understanding of the world.

Diana Whitney

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.

Robert Fulghum

If you treat people with dignity, respect and friendliness, you can turn enemies into friends. An enemy is nothing but a friend in disguise.

Ted Turner

Civility means a great deal more than just being nice to one another. It is complex and encompasses learning how to connect successfully and live well with others, developing thoughtfulness, and fostering effective self-expression and communication. Civility includes courtesy, politeness, mutual respect, fairness, good manners, as well as a matter of good health. Taking an active interest in the well-being of our community and concern for the health of our society is also involved in civility.

P. M. Forni

In a recent conversation with a friend it has become even clearer to me that the Water Cooler is a safe place to land.  Scanning the other threads here you can feel the anger, the frustration, the animosity and the chilling contempt on display.  Our Water Cooler has not devolved into that miasma.  The folks who choose to interact here seem to be of one mind....to keep this space free of the barbs and thorns.   Thanks to all those posters who are striving to share and care!  And thanks also to those who visit and do not leave a footprint!

• Like 12

Thanks for that,  mysty.    Beautifully put, and describes the Cooler Clan very well.  I often feel out of my depth intellectually (partly the difference of 'across the pond' ),  but never feel  ignored, and always want to read all the contributions.  Incidentally, delighted to see that Jeff is still around!

May we continue for many moons

Lola

• Like 2

I want to reference something relating to @mysty lovely post.

A while back I posted something about living in Jupiter, FL. I was excited to see someone from there. It is a small town, and many people know one another. My children were schooled there, my youngest still lives and works there, etc. I was just trying to be friendly. That is who I am.

I did not want to give out the gated Community name, so thought the person would recognize it when I stated who lived there. It was by no means Political, and I have felt a coldness here since that time towards me. I have been afraid to post anything but just started again.

Anyway, I am just a friendly lady who happens to enjoy reading this board. Thanks for letting me vent.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I want to reference something relating to @mysty lovely post.

A while back I posted something about living in Jupiter, FL. I was excited to see someone from there. It is a small town, and many people know one another. My children were schooled there, my youngest still lives and works there, etc. I was just trying to be friendly. That is who I am.

I did not want to give out the gated Community name, so thought the person would recognize it when I stated who lived there. It was by no means Political, and I have felt a coldness here since that time towards me. I have been afraid to post anything but just started again.

Anyway, I am just a friendly lady who happens to enjoy reading this board. Thanks for letting me vent.

We all vent here from time to time.   Life gets complicated and, especially during lockdowns,  social interaction and available ears are limited.   Also stress levels and responses to posts are definitely impacted.  We need to re-learn how to interact with people.   For the most part,  I think,  the Cooler has been relatively better than many other sites and threads.  I'm sorry that your experience made you uncomfortable!  That has not been the usual atmosphere here!  And again, the nasty has played a part in that!   Please grab a stool and hang out whenever the spirit moves you! 😁

8 minutes ago, mysty said:

We all vent here from time to time.   Life gets complicated and, especially during lockdowns,  social interaction and available ears are limited.   Also stress levels and responses to posts are definitely impacted.  We need to re-learn how to interact with people.   For the most part,  I think,  the Cooler has been relatively better than many other sites and threads.  I'm sorry that your experience made you uncomfortable!  That has not been the usual atmosphere here!  And again, the nasty has played a part in that!   Please grab a stool and hang out whenever the spirit moves you! 😁

Thank you for being so kind. Is wine a "spirit"? Just kidding but will enjoy a nice, large glass this evening and put it to rest. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Thank you for being so kind. Is wine a "spirit"? Just kidding but will enjoy a nice, large glass this evening and put it to rest. 

Definitely consider wine as a spirit!  I have to admit that that particular spirit works well for me!  Enjoy! 😁

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I have felt a coldness here since that time towards me. I have been afraid to post anything but just started again.

No coldness here, glad you're back cause... 🎸 "there ain't no sunshine when she's gone"  - applies to you & all the women I've seen here in the cooler & ok, I kinda like all the guys here too.

Hope that glass of wine hits the spot for you tonight.  As Mysty said, these times are tough, venting here is ok (I've done it too).

Uh oh, feeling a sudden urge, so, to that clown who was tailgating me on the Parkway today, I think you are a jerk and got your license out of a Cracker Jack box!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Very stressful 24 hours, leading up to our Covid test appointments at 2 pm today.  [Self-inflicted stress, but what can you do?]  Anyway, good news!:  we both got negative results from Azova and were able to upload them to Delta and we are certified FlyReady for Wednesday.  Off to London, then more tests for our charter flight to Mallorca and 15 night cruise to Malta.  Woo hoo!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Very stressful 24 hours, leading up to our Covid test appointments at 2 pm today.  [Self-inflicted stress, but what can you do?]  Anyway, good news!:  we both got negative results from Azova and were able to upload them to Delta and we are certified FlyReady for Wednesday.  Off to London, then more tests for our charter flight to Mallorca and 15 night cruise to Malta.  Woo hoo!

Great news Jazz!  Enjoy your adventure! 

• Thanks 1