Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi, today we went on a ride down the Snake River. It was sort of like a raft but bigger with individual seats. It was about a 2 hour ride and we had an awesome guide too!

I will post some photos of it. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Grandma of Lily said:

Re LPAs, there is nothing to stop you putting the same date on all the documents.  I did this and got the registration document without any problem.

Sandie

Thanks …. that’s exactly what we did!

I think it your first post here …. I hope it isn’t your Last Post! 🙂

Jeff

• Like 1

Good to see you here, Sandie.  Nice for me not to be the only woman on here who has white hair and does not colour it!  However, I am vain enough to have my glass of red wine rather than a picture of me on view so as not to frighten the horses, and also to use a silly nom de plume, making me sound a lot more racy than I am.

Please join us at the bar; room for all if we just move up a bit.

Lola

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The Beach Boys are always looking for young backup singers who can do falsetto.  When I used to sing the tenor part at church I got headaches – this would have been a (literal) Godsend.

When I was 13 in the church choir I was the only one singing the bass part so sometimes I was solo. Unfortunately that was a few years before Mr Bassman came along in 1963.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drron29 said:

When I was 13 in the church choir I was the only one singing the bass part so sometimes I was solo. Unfortunately that was a few years before Mr Bassman came along in 1963.

I started out singing bass, even though that was really below my range (I'm a light baritone, which doesn't work out too well with traditional S-A-T-B arrangements).  But in that church the choir loft had a raised platform between the pipes and the console and we basses stood on it – I could feel the rumble of the pedal tones in my toes, and that either helped me reach down or let me fake it an octave higher.  That was easy singing compared to reaching for the tenor high notes in the Messiah!

• Like 4