Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Is it just on my computer, or did the last 25 posts (from @johng75370's book review to my 'left-handed' post suddenly get duplicated?  I tried removing one apparent duplicate only to have both copies [25 post numbers apart] disappear.  As Artie Johnson used to say "Verrrrry interesting."

4 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

IMG_6639.thumb.jpeg.f7477fd53dc96e03040f38137700eb74.jpeg.8acabf5287e9488cd1cadaa7deed7785.jpeg

@UKCruiseJeff:  very nice poster!  But I can't shake the memory of those old-style beach chairs, which I believe could also be set as badger traps.  At any rate they often sprang shut and trapped me!  

Quite right.  For some reason in the UK called “deck chairs” but they are still the chairs rented out daily in virtually all British beach resorts.  In this area the local council even hires them out in bulk for events at £5  per chair per day.

We use to have some great comedy skits with people wrestling them to put them up. 

When I get back to base I’ll photograph some of the others.  It can be an obsession.  

This is an expert putting up a deck chair.

Jeff

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mysty said:

We have a little Wine Club group of our friends here at our apartment complex.  One of the things I enjoy doing is hosting a blind wine tasting.  I chat with the Product Consultant (who is a dear friend) at our LCBO  (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) to pick the wines.  Sometimes they are all wines from the same country.  sometimes they are all the same varietal from different countries, sometimes they are all whites from various countries or all reds from various countries.  We taste our way through and then there is a quiz.  Much fun and laughter.

Here are images from a tasting of wines from Italy....

Italywinemap.JPG.a5940b3296a827b5aa4c7e30b30d9627.JPG

Capture.JPG.22570ed9416e143f7a4c0481368de950.JPG

20211022_183702.jpg.5f3ec5740fd54a9d1188be8120050346.jpg

20211022_192115.jpg.5d4f1504aea5b476abf29c2434b3b6f4.jpg

Black Tartan, WineTastings, I'm getting on a plane.😃

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Your wine tasting table looks so professional, Mysty.  But I bet your guests didn't spit?

The first four Louise Penny books on their way to me, so I hope I do like them!  Will report in due course.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Your wine tasting table looks so professional, Mysty.  But I bet your guests didn't spit?

The first four Louise Penny books on their way to me, so I hope I do like them!  Will report in due course.

They did not spit.  😅  Although most of us came close in the gales of laughter.

I hope you enjoy them too Lola!  🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I must apologize for the dud of a funny I posted this morning.  My bad!  I think my funny bone needs a treatment.  Let me offer this....

funny-bar-signs-26__700.jpg.be5a0e668637e15d35c1d5e9ffa162da.jpg

• Haha 8

12 minutes ago, mysty said:

I must apologize for the dud of a funny I posted this morning.  My bad!  I think my funny bone needs a treatment.  Let me offer this....

funny-bar-signs-26__700.jpg.be5a0e668637e15d35c1d5e9ffa162da.jpg

Last time I heard this, it was tequila. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

WOW, I just watched the men's 10,000 meter race and for the first time in over 50 years the US won a medal🙂. We came in 3rd and got the bronze. VERY unexpected and really fun to see it🙂

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Lois R said:

WOW, I just watched the men's 10,000 meter race and for the first time in over 50 years the US won a medal🙂. We came in 3rd and got the bronze. VERY unexpected and really fun to see it🙂

Galen Rupp won a silver for the USA in the 10, 000m at the London Olympics 2012. 

51 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Tts - how about a picture of your dogs for our animal treat of the day?

And GB doing unusually and gratifyingly well in the Olympics is cheering.

One to keep you going Lola!

IMG_1854.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1