Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Sorry for Lois.  Just watched the final seconds (and when the game went down, super close as the clock expired) for the Memphis at Florida State game.  Any others watching college football in the US this afternoon?  Now super close with LSU at South Carolina.  Coming up soon for Oregon, Miami of Florida, Notre Dame, etc.  Our Ohio State is off this week, but playing Marshall next Saturday as the FOX High Noon Game.  Good luck to all teams.   

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

Hi Terry, I told you that we are awful......nothing surprises me anymore

2nd carry of the game we fumbled and everything went downhill from there. 

The South Carolina/LSU game is really competitve!

• Like 1

Sadly,  we lost our beautiful Sassi to kidney disease on Labor day, September 2, we had been giving her infusions 2X week for almost 6 years. It finally started catching up with her several weeks ago,  naturally everything was closed for long weekend. We gave her a lot of loves and she passed seeing and hearing us. She is in a plastic box in our little pet cemetary by the rv garage. We put a large rock on top incase of critters in the area. She was 15 1/2 yr old

• Like 5

Just now, silkismom said:

Sadly,  we lost our beautiful Sassi to kidney disease on Labor day, September 2, we had been giving her infusions 2X week for almost 6 years. It finally started catching up with her several weeks ago,  naturally everything was closed for long weekend. We gave her a lot of loves and she passed seeing and hearing us. She is in a plastic box in our little pet cemetary by the rv garage. We put a large rock on top incase of critters in the area. She was 15 1/2 yr old

I couldn't remember how to add her photo . There she is. 20200318_202211.thumb.jpg.c360aff8722dfe32ffb07c3839471ba6.jpg

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, silkismom said:

So sorry for your loss @silkismom !  There wasn't an easy way to react on your sad post. 🥰

3 minutes ago, silkismom said:

They never really leave us... 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, silkismom said:

So sorry to hear this silkismom, she was a real beauty and such a tribute to you to have bought her so much extra time. 

• Like 3

This is what a cat looks like when she has absolute disdain for any human that dares approach her. She usually agrees to allow her admirers to approach her, some for almost a minute. She has her own fan club of elderly ladies and often comes home sporting a whiff of Lavender. She will not be picked up by anyone but me. She allows dogs to admire her too as long as they express due deference. If they make the mistake of barking or snarling at her then they are greeted with a ball of claws running straight at their nose. She has no doubt whatsoever of her abilities to conquer any opponent. Her proudest conquest was a stoat, She wasn’t even ruffled. She was born on my 40th birthday in a crisp box behind the sofa shortly after I fished her maybe 5 month old mother out of a bin. My DH wanted to call her Princess but we soon realised that Rosemary West suited her far better as a name. She’ll be 15 next month and I must say, looks rather fabulous for her age. She’s the classiest and most charismatic Hotel Cat ever.

IMG_0270.jpeg

• Like 14

39 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

This is what a cat looks like when she has absolute disdain for any human that dares approach her.

Sorry Davy, and I hope this doesn't rupture our (virtual) friendship – but isn't this common to all cats?  If Cain had a pet, it would have been a cat.  Abel had a dog...

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Sorry Davy, and I hope this doesn't rupture our (virtual) friendship – but isn't this common to all cats?  If Cain had a pet, it would have been a cat.  Abel had a dog...

Certainly not ruptured HJB. Many cats may believe they are her equal but few would ever even be considered for the position. She really is quite a peice of work. I’ll never forget the poor Romanian street dog that tried to eat her. His owner made the mistake of dragging her off his back. She hadn’t considered the consequences of dragging off a cat that has her claws deeply embedded around your dogs throat. Top Tip, copious amounts of soda water are the best way of removing large amounts of blood from a freshly laid hand carved Turkish carpet. 

• Like 1

Silkismom - I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  Our Jade is 16 years old and beginning to show signs of kidney disease.  So far, no medication is needed, but should that time come we will happily give it to her.

We are off on a 46 day trip on the Spirit this week, and my fingers are crossed that she will be all right at the B & B (camp) where she spends time.

• Like 1

Yesterday was a glorious late summer day.  We decided to make the most of this special treat.  We headed to Back Forty Artisan.  They make amazing sheep cheese.  It was a beautiful drive.  Leaves beginning to turn, sumac going from green to red, passing through small villages and driving beside sparkling lakes.  Back Forty has a spectacular location.  Serene and green.   We ordered a cheese flight to share and 2 glasses of KIN (a local winery) pinot noir.

image2(8).thumb.jpeg.66b5f2dda0c3a2e110ceb9da25c81838.jpeg

It was magical!  We bought some of the first 3 cheeses on the menu!  Made my soul smile!

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

Silkismom - I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  Our Jade is 16 years old and beginning to show signs of kidney disease.  So far, no medication is needed, but should that time come we will happily give it to her.

We are off on a 46 day trip on the Spirit this week, and my fingers are crossed that she will be all right at the B & B (camp) where she spends time.

We were almost thankful she went when she did. We left for the Muse on Sept 12, didn't  want to have our kitty sitter have to make the decision,  at least we were there for her. Our other kitty, Skoshi, had sometime,  with us, to get used to being the only kitty.

• Like 2

This may or may not have been written over the loss of a pet, but because of our conversation here I felt it applied to my own loss of a loved pet and perhaps other coolers as well

I can’t say I loved you. I just can’t
Because it makes it sound as if my love is past tense. Gone, finished, ended.
And that is so far from the truth.
My love is not in the past. It will never be gone.
I love you now. Still.
You didn’t take all this love away with you. It stays. It lingers. 
Some days it jumps up and hits me in the face just to remind me that it is still here. Still persevering. 
Some days it nudges me. Challenges me to keep going. Daring me to find the strength to get through the day.
But mostly, it just resonates inside of me with everything I do. With every step forward and every glance back. Every close of my eyes. Every breath.
My love is not dependent on you being here.
There is nowhere far enough,
and nothing permanent enough 
to stop me from loving you.
So I will not say I loved you.
Because I love you.
Still.
~ Becky Hemsley

• Like 9

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

This may or may not have been written over the loss of a pet, but because of our conversation here I felt it applied to my own loss of a loved pet and perhaps other coolers as well

I can’t say I loved you. I just can’t
Because it makes it sound as if my love is past tense. Gone, finished, ended.
And that is so far from the truth.
My love is not in the past. It will never be gone.
I love you now. Still.
You didn’t take all this love away with you. It stays. It lingers. 
Some days it jumps up and hits me in the face just to remind me that it is still here. Still persevering. 
Some days it nudges me. Challenges me to keep going. Daring me to find the strength to get through the day.
But mostly, it just resonates inside of me with everything I do. With every step forward and every glance back. Every close of my eyes. Every breath.
My love is not dependent on you being here.
There is nowhere far enough,
and nothing permanent enough 
to stop me from loving you.
So I will not say I loved you.
Because I love you.
Still.
~ Becky Hemsley

Brought tears again, not that hard now.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, silkismom said:

We were almost thankful she went when she did. We left for the Muse on Sept 12, didn't  want to have our kitty sitter have to make the decision,  at least we were there for her. Our other kitty, Skoshi, had sometime,  with us, to get used to being the only kitty.

Very good added perspective from silkismom as to the "balancing points" and "trade-offs" involved with pet ownership.  When is the right and best "timing" for making such decisions.  Never easy or simple.  Always complicated deciding and dealing with these loved ones.   YES, wonderful posting by QueSeraSera.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Very good added perspective from silkismom as to the "balancing points" and "trade-offs" involved with pet ownership.  When is the right and best "timing" for making such decisions.  Never easy or simple.  Always complicated deciding and dealing with these loved ones.   YES, wonderful posting by QueSeraSera.

Sassi decided, we didn't. The way it should be.

• Like 6