Embarkation at Barcelona

Esilef

we are cruising from Barcelona for 12 nights on vision of the seas in September this year.

Our party consists of 1 autistic child & 1 autistic adult. A grumpy grandad & me a stressing mum.

Flying from Australia 3 days prior.

Is there any tips you can give us for making boarding less stressful?

Planning on taking a taxi to the port but just read that the HOHO bus might be an option as it goes to the port and might stop near our apartment rental.

There is 5 cruise ships in port that day including symphony (can’t wait to see a royal mega ship)

I'd take the taxi to the port. I assume you will have luggage, and that won't be easy on the HoHo bus. Also, the HoHo bus will stop outside the port and they you would have to change busses to the port shuttle to get to the ship. I would think you would want the least hassle way to get to the ship.

we are cruising from Barcelona for 12 nights on vision of the seas in September this year.

Our party consists of 1 autistic child & 1 autistic adult. A grumpy grandad & me a stressing mum.

Valium? ;)

Get a taxi they will take you straight to the right place, we did it a couple of years ago, it is a very busy port. I think you will have all the stress you need without worrying about where your cruise ship is..

taxi and plan on arriving a little later rather than early everyone wants to board in the first 2 hours it seems, board as late as possible based on when you need to leave your apartments noon would be a good time to head over even as late as 2 PM would probably be fine. Due to flying in the same day as the cruise the last 2 times I have arrived early and noticed that after 1PM or so there is literally no line at all.

Now I am not sure if your cruise has boarding where you are given a time and how much they stick to the times.

if the cruise lines were smart they would be like the airlines and charge an extra 100.00PP for early boarding before 2PM.

Planning on taking a taxi to the port but just read that the HOHO bus might be an option as it goes to the port and might stop near our apartment rental.

There is 5 cruise ships in port that day including symphony (can’t wait to see a royal mega ship)

Definitely get a taxi as it will drop you right next to the terminal.

If you are Diamond or above or in a Suite you will get priority check in.

Definitely get a taxi as it will drop you right next to the terminal.

If you are Diamond or above or in a Suite you will get priority check in.

We are cruising hard to get to diamond but are only platinum.

Might just take a taxi to the port. Seems to be the easiest option, plus we will have enough luggage with us for four people for a month.

I have emailed special needs about the two with autism.

We will have 3 nights prior to the cruise to deal with jet lag and get over the 3 long flights.

Upload photos onto seapass form prior to sailing. This will save you trying to get everyone organised at check in. Just make sure you follow the instructions on what they require and there will be no problems. We did it on our recent Symphony cruise and it worked well.

taxi and plan on arriving a little later rather than early everyone wants to board in the first 2 hours it seems, board as late as possible based on when you need to leave your apartments noon would be a good time to head over even as late as 2 PM would probably be fine. Due to flying in the same day as the cruise the last 2 times I have arrived early and noticed that after 1PM or so there is literally no line at all.

Now I am not sure if your cruise has boarding where you are given a time and how much they stick to the times.

if the cruise lines were smart they would be like the airlines and charge an extra 100.00PP for early boarding before 2PM.

Agree , after 130 pm or 1330 in Spain the check in and security is much less crowded . Also , the cabins are ready after 1 pm so the public spaces on the ship empty out and the crowd feel is lessened.

Charge extra for early boarding , sure they can call it "faster to the royal amplified " or fttra.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The HOHO bus is at the Columbus Column and from there you have to take the Port Bus (3.50 Euro single ride). The HOHO bus does not go to the various terminal buildings. The only terminal you can use the HOHO bus it the World Trade Center (WTC) but not for Moll Adossat.

steamboats