Cozumel, Mexico

tanj0870

We did the Beach Buggy tour a couple of years ago. Our's including a stop at a beach club where we snorkeled and then a second stop for lunch. It was a nice day. Since taking the organized tour showed us how easy it was to navigate the island, we now rent a dune buggy or jeep and do it on our own.

We have also stopped at Paradise Beach Club. It was inexpensive to get it and was very nice and clean inside, but the food and drinks were on the pricey side.

What’s a good excursion to do there?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want to continue the NCL drinking agenda -

Consider the Jose Cuervo Tequila tour.

Interesting education on the making of Tequila.

After or part of the tour visit the museum on the grounds and see the replicas of various

temples pyramids structures and the neat local natives act with a super maypole.

About 3+ hours long - $65 YMMV

Review LINK:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/shore-excursions/excursion/4723/

Edited by don't-use-real-name
add link

We did Nachi Cocum several years ago. Thought it was great. Food was good as well as drinks. Have to get cab downtown to get there. they will call cab for return trip.

Very nice beach. DS was able to catch scuba trip from pier there.

The Cozumel Bar Hop is a blast!!! Check out the reviews in the Cozumel forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second the Cozumel Bar Hop!! Have done this excursion twice and had a blast both times!

I was in the Cozumel forum and am also stumped. We are not beach people and not interested in a bar hop since we can drink whatever we want on the ship. We like to learn about the culture of the ports that we visit.

Last time we did the Discover Mexico tour which was GREAT. We were toured through a museum, then given chocolate martinis, made our very own chocolate bars, and ate homemade chips with mole dip. Then we went outside to hang out with a llama, watch an aerial show, and have a yummy taco lunch with a margarita. Finally, we had a Jose Cuervo tequila tasting. It was a nice balance of culture, but we don't want to do the same thing again.

I read that the ruins are not great. And most posts in the Cozumel forum are just praising Mr. Sanchos, which is great if you want a resort, but not right for US. I may end up booking with Trikes after seeing a review on them recently on here. Does anyone else have ideas for a more cultural experience in Cozumel?

Keep in mind that any trip to mainland Mexico takes quite a lot of travel time each way. Transportation to the ferry, waiting for the ferry, ferry transit, and buses or taxies on the mainland.

If you pick something on Cozumel itself you are only a 20 minute taxi ride at most each way.

I was in the Cozumel forum and am also stumped. We are not beach people and not interested in a bar hop since we can drink whatever we want on the ship. We like to learn about the culture of the ports that we visit.

Last time we did the Discover Mexico tour which was GREAT. We were toured through a museum, then given chocolate martinis, made our very own chocolate bars, and ate homemade chips with mole dip. Then we went outside to hang out with a llama, watch an aerial show, and have a yummy taco lunch with a margarita. Finally, we had a Jose Cuervo tequila tasting. It was a nice balance of culture, but we don't want to do the same thing again.

I read that the ruins are not great. And most posts in the Cozumel forum are just praising Mr. Sanchos, which is great if you want a resort, but not right for US. I may end up booking with Trikes after seeing a review on them recently on here. Does anyone else have ideas for a more cultural experience in Cozumel?

Someone else mentioned trikes, do u have a link

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I realize that OP is a relatively new poster, so in an effort to educate him/her, may I suggest this:

There is a port of call section on the board. The Cozumel section has almost 25,000 threads. That is a really good place to look for information: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

There are also sections in that same general area for all of the common Caribbean ports. Those are good places to look for information.

Someone else mentioned trikes, do u have a link

After seeing a review somewhere on here, I looked it up on Trip Advisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g150809-d13989378-TRIKES_COZUMEL-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

The reviews for Trikes are good, and it looks fun and a little different. Unless my husband can find something better or someone else suggests something, this may be it.

By the way, I messaged the people at Rio Secreto last night, but that is across the bay from Punta Langosta where we'll be porting. We're usually fine with doing things on our own, but I don't want to mess around with a ferry there. They didn't recommend it either. I think that option is out.

If you drive in Mexico:

- Buy full insurance and understand any limits (glass and tires were excluded last time I rented!). If you do not buy full insurance you could be detained to pay for damages and await reimbursement from your insurance

- Carry driver's license and a copy of your passport and leave a copy of your license behind.

- Do not drive in remote areas.

- Beware of anyone writing a handwritten rental contract and writing your credit card info on it. They should only swipe and hand back your card. Even that is a possible problem but a paper with your card info on it will be sold to to identity thieves. Source: Happened to me, at a well known brand licensee, in Cozumel.

Last November in Cozumel we did the NCL excursion Island Chocolate Experience. I highly recommend booking this ..It was fantastic! We had a small group in a van and an excellent tour guide..It was informative and fun..At the chocolate factory they have a bar and I tried a chocolate pina colada and it was phenomenal!!

My husband booked the Cozumel golf excursion and he gave it a 10 and said it was a gorgeous golf course

For just adults : Nachi Coccum was a perfect, all inclusive beach day.

For the family: We hired a driver for the day from Tours Plaza and personalized a tour. We went to Punta Sur Eco Park , drove the beautiful South coast for views, had lunch, then finished with tour of a chocolate factory. Great way to see the island and quite affordable for a private tour.

Last November in Cozumel we did the NCL excursion Island Chocolate Experience. I highly recommend booking this ..It was fantastic! We had a small group in a van and an excellent tour guide..It was informative and fun..At the chocolate factory they have a bar and I tried a chocolate pina colada and it was phenomenal!!

We also did that one last year and enjoyed it.

The year before, we did the San Gervasio Mayan Ruins and it was really good with history and story telling and demos. I recommend it because you do not have to go to the mainland for the bigger ruins.

• 1 month later...

Rent a Vehicle and just get out and explore on your own. The island is ringed by one road essentially so you can’t get lost. The. You can do whatever you want from ruins to all inclusive resorts to lunch on the far side of the island, etc.