Dinner option for Yacht Club and size of suite?

39august

I know very little about MSC, so my questions may be silly. I have read of the lunch bbq grill available for the Yacht Club guests. That sounds great. Is dinner only available in the MDR or is there an alternative buffet or grill? We don't do MDR's anymore. I have read that the suites are smaller than the sky suites on Celebrity. Those are just under 300 sq. ft..Any info is welcome. We would be Black level due to RCI.

The Yacht Club dedicated restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is also a grill/buffet on the One Pool Deck (YC's exclusive pool deck), with Seaside having the best set-up. The Top Sail Lounge (dedicated YC lounge) also has snacks throughout the day with breakfast and lunchtime specific items during those mealtime hours. You can also avail of the regular buffet on the ship.

YC cabins are - in some cases - smaller than the Sky Suites, but the benefits of YC far exceed those of suites on X, with in-cabin water and mini-bar plus all-inclusive deluxe drinks package automatically included in YC bookings. However, MSC does not offer in-suite dining; they have a room service menu with salads and sandwiches plus pizza.

Beamafar is absolutely correct, and I'd add that you can eat breakfast up at the Yacht Club pool deck (eggs made to order, hash browns, etc.) although there aren't many tables available for that. The restaurant serves a great hamburger, but the Philly Cheesesteak is not very good. Sometimes if they've ordered too many lobster from the previous voyage, they'll cook them and have them available for YC passengers at the lunch buffet at the One Pool deck on embarkation day - although that has only happened for our family once (and that was aboard MSC Divina).

Upon arrival on the ship, you'll coordinate your preferred dining time at the Top Sail Restaurant before heading to your cabin. You can alternate times for each day, but they like to have an idea of when everyone would like to eat because there isn't enough seating for all the YC passengers to eat at the same time - so there's some minor coordination required there. Also keep in mind which days (if any) you'd like to have a meal at one of the specialty restaurants onboard. I recommend the Butcher's Cut - it's not Ruth's Chris (the steaks aren't served on a 500 degree plate), but they are good. And also plan to have pizza for one meal. It's really good. We ordered a couple of pizzas through our butler, and had them delivered to us up on the pool deck which was nice (the kids really enjoyed that).

If any of you have sailed NCL...how would you compare the size of the cabin and balcony on a YC Deluxe (Seaside) compared to a Mini-Suite on Getaway/Escape/Breakaway?

I have not sailed on any of the three NCL ships but according to the websites of NCL and MSC the size of the NCL Mini-Suite is similar to the size of the MSC YC Deluxe Suite.

NCL Mini-Suite: 239 sqft

MSC YC Deluxe Suite: 269 sqft

I am finding great info' all round, on various threads, for YC...my thanks to all posters! Can anyone advise what the evening restaurant times are for YC.

Thanks in anticipation.

When you embark aboard the ship, you'll be taken to the Top Sail Lounge first to meet your butler and some of the other staff members who'll be taking care of you throughout the week. During those first moments you'll tell them what your preferred dining time is for you and your family. We like to dine early so we set our dining time at 6:00 PM every day, but we could have easily chosen 7 or 8:00 PM. They have to work everyone through the evening dinner service, so the earlier you board and set your dining time the more choices you'll have available to select from. They can't seat everyone in the Yacht Club restaurant at the same time because the restaurant isn't big enough for that, but you should be able to select a time that works out for your preference.

When you embark aboard the ship, you'll be taken to the Top Sail Lounge first to meet your butler and some of the other staff members who'll be taking care of you throughout the week. During those first moments you'll tell them what your preferred dining time is for you and your family. We like to dine early so we set our dining time at 6:00 PM every day, but we could have easily chosen 7 or 8:00 PM. They have to work everyone through the evening dinner service, so the earlier you board and set your dining time the more choices you'll have available to select from. They can't seat everyone in the Yacht Club restaurant at the same time because the restaurant isn't big enough for that, but you should be able to select a time that works out for your preference.

OK, thanks for that. What I am wondering is the earliest and latest times i.e. the total window, is it e.g. 5-9pm, earlier, later?