Parking at Port Canaveral?

paulfoel

I live near the port and am an experienced cruiser

at most ports I will not use 'off site parking', espc'ly Miami ... but in P.C I do

Port parking at P.C. cost less per day than many other popular ports .... and off site parking can cost even less

The port DOES 'pad the days' but so do most of the off site places ....

I've been using Park n Cruise for years https://www.parkcruise.com/ ... the price changes regularly but today is $10.95 / day with web reservation.

If you book with http://www.lotsofhonor.com/ you will park in the same lot for as little as $8 a day - limited space (long story)

I've never waited more than 5 minutes for a shuttle to/from and the lot is less than 10 minutes from all the terminals at P.C.

editorial comment: the port has tried many times to shut down the local parking options as they see every car parked off-site as lost revenue. It has been in the paper routinely ..... they asked the county and city to outlaw the businesses which has not happened.

• Like 1

One more vote for park port canaveral. Paid ahead of time online. Very efficient, saved about 50% off terminal price. I have also stayed at the residence inn and done their park, stay, and cruise deal. That was great also. Very nice hotel.

We are going in June as a family of 4. My kids will be 18 and 15, I have researched several options, many of the sleep, park, cruise packages only include breakfast and shuttle for 2, so we would have to pay extra. One of the outside parking lots offers free parking but you pay per person for the shuttle, we are going for 4 nights (parking for 5 days) so its $85 to park or $80 for the shuttle. I will gladly spend the extra $5 to have the convenience of parking at the port. I was able to get a great deal on a hotel, with the room and parking at the port we come in around about the same as the Radison with parking and their shuttle, and about the same or less than some of the other hotels. Do your research and do what's best for you. For a longer cruise or less than 4 people it might make more sense to do something other than the port.

I've used Park Port Canaveral 5 years ago and had a great experience! Quick shuttles to and from the port, easy check in and great service.

We just recently used Park n Cruise on our June cruise. They had great reviews and we had a coupon code, so we decided to use them. We had a terrible experience when we arrived there. Very unorganized...LONG wait both to check in and to wait for a shuttle. There were 3 ships departing that day. It appeared that they may have been short-staffed (maybe?) and had a shuttle break down. We arrived there at around 10:30 am but didn't actually get onto the ship until 1:30 pm. It was quite frustrating. On the way back, there were no issues at all. So it could have been just a bad day for them, but I am quite hesitant to try them again.

Upcoming September cruise we will be just parking at the port since there is 5 of us and it's a 3 night. We can easily split the cost to make it affordable for all. Plus the convenience factor!

Well, since I'm not loaded with money, I've always used "Park n Cruise" at Port Canaveral. Much less expensive, easy to find, and park, good shuttles which run often, friendly, helpful staff and overall, a good deal, IMO. Check it out, and if you don't think it's a better option, then park at the port. No problem.

"SKY"

I second Park-n-Cruise; we have used them many times. Very convenient. They drop you off right at the door to the terminal, They are well organized and efficient, Shuttles are free and run continuously. They have gone up a bit in price, but still a significant savings over port parking. I think they are $11 a day , but often there are specials or coupons. They are located on Merritt Island,

Well, since I'm not loaded with money, I've always used "Park n Cruise" at Port Canaveral. Much less expensive, easy to find, and park, good shuttles which run often, friendly, helpful staff and overall, a good deal, IMO. Check it out, and if you don't think it's a better option, then park at the port. No problem.

"SKY"

I second Park-n-Cruise; we have used them many times. Very convenient. They drop you off right at the door to the terminal, They are well organized and efficient, Shuttles are free and run continuously. They have gone up a bit in price, but still a significant savings over port parking. I think they are $11 a day , but often there are specials or coupons. They are located on Merritt Island,

I always pay to park at port due to convenience. Was thinking of trying an off-site lot, but the reviews on Yelp make me wonder is saving $50 really worth it.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/park-n-cruise-merritt-island-2?sort_by=date_desc

https://www.yelp.com/biz/park-port-canaveral-cape-canaveral?sort_by=date_desc

• 2 months later...
On 8/10/2018 at 5:43 PM, Capt_BJ said:

I live near the port and am an experienced cruiser

at most ports I will not use 'off site parking', espc'ly Miami ... but in P.C I do

Port parking at P.C. cost less per day than many other popular ports .... and off site parking can cost even less

The port DOES 'pad the days' but so do most of the off site places ....

I've been using Park n Cruise for years https://www.parkcruise.com/ ... the price changes regularly but today is $10.95 / day with web reservation.

If you book with http://www.lotsofhonor.com/ you will park in the same lot for as little as $8 a day - limited space (long story)

I've never waited more than 5 minutes for a shuttle to/from and the lot is less than 10 minutes from all the terminals at P.C.

editorial comment: the port has tried many times to shut down the local parking options as they see every car parked off-site as lost revenue. It has been in the paper routinely ..... they asked the county and city to outlaw the businesses which has not happened.

Considering Lots of Honor; however, I understand that they have few shuttles and Pak n Cruise shuttles are not available for Los of Honor reservations.  Is there any truth to that?

Also, what is the long story scenario?

Back in Feb of this year I asked PnC about the Lots of Honor cornfusion and got this reply:

Good Morning Captain Brian,

We encourage constant feedback of our services and your experiences, and it sounds like we've kept you coming back for more! Let me start by saying how much we appreciate you returning to us with your business, and that I would like to clarify any confusion or concern you may have regarding this recent adjustment. Lots of Honor was a family run business, just like our own. The owner of Lots of Honor ran a Veterans' Benefit Program through his company, in which a portion of his reservation revenue went straight to a Veterans' Fund! Unfortunately, he recently had to shut down his business. We got wind of this news, and reached out to the owner to devise a plan to continue his support to our veterans, whom we love and appreciate so dearly. The end result is as follows: Lots of Honor could not afford to continue operating as an independent company; we allotted Lots of Honor a number of parking spots at our facility; Lots of Honor is permitted to advertise their parking at the rate they wish, regardless of the current rate at Park-N-Cruise; Park-N-Cruise and Lots of Honor are still independently advertised, as it is still two separate companies. This teaming together has allowed our kind-hearted neighbors at Lots of Honor to continue their support programs for our veterans, even though they were unable to stay in business. You are free to book through Lots of Honor, or Park-N-Cruise! Who wouldn't want to take advantage of the cheaper rate! 🙂 Your final destination will be the same from here on out, regardless of whether you reserve through Lots of Honor or Park-N-Cruise (1700 Sea Ray Drive, Merritt Island, FL). You will also continue to receive the service and support that has kept us running strong at five stars! I hope this information relieves you of any hesitance, as it is not our goal to try and stoop our customers! If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 321-454-2500. Our staff is always standing by to serve you, and can assist in any matter regarding Park-N-Cruise or Lots of Honor!

I later confirmed that LOH customers were to use PnC shuttles ... which are frequent IME.  LOH appears to still be operating under the same 'agreement' - or that's what I conclude from the web site today

and their current special offers:

• World War II veterans park for free

• Special $8.95 rate for veterans, first responders, and their families

Edited by Capt_BJ

We used LOH a couple of months ago, and I can confirm that, other than a lower daily rate, it's the same operation as PnC.  I did notice that LOH tacks on a slightly higher "port charge" in their fees that cuts into the savings a bit, especially if you're on a shorter cruise.