Noise from Aquatheater in Suite

Hi! We have a two bedroom aquatheater suite on Harmony (room 9330) for our upcoming cruise. While I was planning the reservations for entertainment, I realized that the shows in the Aquatheater run late! We have a one and a half year old and a six year old. The six year old can sleep thru anything but the one year old is a horrible sleeper who wakes up at every noise. We planned on putting them in separate beds inside the second bedroom. (Using a bed rail for the toddler) We will be bringing a sound machine, but do you think it will still be loud? I should have done my research prior to booking it, but it was the largest room for this particular sailing.

Any advice would be great... thank you!

We have been in the 2BR AQ suite twice on the Allure. Not sure if they are the exact same layout.

I am pretty sensitive to noise at night. And I usually wear earplugs which might equate to a noise machine. We slept in the outside bedroom and it didn’t bother me. The shows don’t go late every night, but there are some that went past midnight. (Movies).

I just asked my sons who had an interior room and they said they never noticed the noise. However they might have stayed up most nights past the shows

But honestly once I was back in the bedroom I heard mostly ocean.

I wouldn’t stress too much. I think the noise machine would cover a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can always get noise from the hallway doors....any cabin, any where on the ship. And, if something thumps above you, you will hear that, too. In general, I've found most cabins to be quiet enough. But you CAN hear what's going on in the hall!

I am very noise sensitive as well. Hubby wasn't. Occasionally, the noise from the Aqua Theater would keep me from going to sleep when I was in the "master bedroom". I would move to the inside bedroom and not hear a thing! Noise never bothered my husband.

We stayed in that suite on the Oasis a few years ago. I wake up easily, and I didn’t notice any noise at all. The second bedroom is isolated from the main hallway and the balcony. Since there aren’t any windows I think your kids will be fine.

Enjoy the suite...it’s wonderful!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 year later...

This is an old posting that I am resurrecting.  We have an opportunity to bid from a crown loft suite to an Aqua class 2 bedroom suite- We are two people, but like the idea of two bathrooms.  If we bid and get our bid accepted, actually because so many perks are included, it will actually cost about the same or less then the CLS we already have-plus you get a genie and other perks we do not get in a CLS.  I am on the fence weather to make a bid.  I am concerned about noise- and the distance to the suite lounge etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks

Edited by Cruise a holic

8 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

This is an old posting that I am resurrecting.  We have an opportunity to bid from a crown loft suite to an Aqua class 2 bedroom suite- We are two people, but like the idea of two bathrooms.  If we bid and get our bid accepted, actually because so many perks are included, it will actually cost about the same or less then the CLS we already have-plus you get a genie and other perks we do not get in a CLS.  I am on the fence weather to make a bid.  I am concerned about noise- and the distance to the suite lounge etc.

your CLS has two full baths . We typically don't bid for 2B Aqua since we much prefer staying on deck 17. 

Edited by Tulsacoker

17 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

The ATS is a trek, but it also does not have stairs to the bedroom and you can exit directly from the master bedroom to the balcony which is nice to be able to step out and get fresh air.  I love being able to watch the aquatheater shows and rehearsals from the balcony and then you also have the side balcony that is more private and purely oceanview.  I prefer the ATS as a room, but proximity to the lounge doesn't matter much for me.  If it costs very little go to from no Star Class to Star Class, though, I would take advantage of that for sure.

We have been in both the 2 BR and 1 BR ATS.  They are lovely suites.  There is definitely noise from the ATS during performances but with the doors shut it isn't unbearable.  Those suites are definitely not as private as the ocean-facing CLS or Star Loft Suite.  The 2 BR ATS are the most affordable of the SC suites but the tradeoff is that very very long walk all the way aft.

I'd say if you want to try SC, the 2 BR ATS is a good starter.  We prefer to be up on 17 but if the ATS is all that's available, I would book an ATS to be SC in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

The 2 BR ATS are the most affordable of the SC suites but the tradeoff is that very very long walk all the way aft.

Not always true anymore..the new no balcony panoramic and the villa suite is often cheaper than the 2BR ATS!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Not always true anymore..the new no balcony panoramic and the villa suite is often cheaper than the 2BR ATS!

Yeah, those new ones are all over the place.  They are very VERY expensive on some of the upcoming cruises (probably b/c they are new) but appear to be more affordable off in the future.

We still enjoy having breakfast in the CK even when we are SC.  The long walk aft isn't a complete show-stopper but we will generally choose another option (on 17) if there is one available.  Breakfast out on that huge balcony on the ATS is pretty nice too.

14 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

We still enjoy having breakfast in the CK even when we are SC.  The long walk aft isn't a complete show-stopper but we will generally choose another option (on 17) if there is one available.  Breakfast out on that huge balcony on the ATS is pretty nice too.

How early can I get a Starbucks delivered?

Laura is up around 5am

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

How early can I get a Starbucks delivered?

Laura is up around 5am

Hmmm...that's a good question.  I usually opt for 9AM but I'm sure you get can it much earlier than that.

Since room service basically corresponds with normal CK operating hours, my guess is that you can have breakfast, in whatever form you choose - even if it just Starbuck's - beginning whenever the CK opens. 

We're night owls so we never see food (or drinks) before 9AM.

2 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Hmmm...that's a good question.  I usually opt for 9AM but I'm sure you get can it much earlier than that.

Since room service basically corresponds with normal CK operating hours, my guess is that you can have breakfast, in whatever form you choose - even if it just Starbuck's - beginning whenever the CK opens. 

We're night owls so we never see food (or drinks) before 9AM.

That sucks. I guess Laura will have to hike up to DL or SL