B2B Different Ships

tjt52545

I am strongly considering taking the Sky weekend cruise before my Jade cruise which leaves on a Monday. My husband is not totally sold on the idea. I am sure there are those that have done something similar. Trying to if there is a negative side to this....

My hubby and I have done it!! There was no downside at all. If anything, it was an upside as we just let the fun continue!! It was better than going home( even though we love it too). For us it was the same port, so off the ship, check-in again, and happiness continues. Guess you can tell I love to cruise! Any excuse( mine was it's cheaper than spending the weekend at home) Lol!!

We did it. Our only downside was we got off one ship then walked to what I thought was our ship and it was the wrong one. Luckily we were able to hop on a shuttle to bring us to the right ship. It was great getting off a ship only to start the party over again on a different ship. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

The Sky and Jade will be parked next to one other in Miami - stay on Sky as long as you can - enjoy a leisurely breakfast. At final call, disembark the Sky, pick up your luggage, exit, and walk next door to check in for Jade.

Make sure to change the luggage tags - remove Sky and put on Jade :D

We are doing it in December Norwegian Sun for ten days then up the pier in Miami and onto the Jade for another ten days of cruising pleasure. We did last year with a day between Crown Princess out of FLL then Jade out of Miami on second leg.

I think this year with same day same port second departure will work great.

I did this exact same in March, but in reverse. I started on the Jade and then went to the Sun. Easiest thing ever. Waited until last call on the Jade, then meandered down the gangway, through customs, and out the door. The Sun was just down the pier, super easy walking distance. 100% doable.

I’ve done this multiple times. You need to figure the ships will not be “near” each other. Even when at the next dock it’s still going to be hike for some people. I have no issues and actually have sailed with the first and last ships.

On the same topic just a different location.

In the port of Barcelona, is it doable to walk from where the Epic docks be to where the Star will dock ?

This would be for a 10 day Mediterranean cruise followed by a 14 day transatlantic. Just a little concerned getting from one ship to the other with luggage in tow.

We're doing this in October, when we'll be a true B2B on Regal Princess, and on our return to Brooklyn, we'll take a cab to Manhattan to board the Breakaway for a repo. Can't wait!

See you on the Breakway! I bet you will be the last off the Regal Princess. She returns 6am, while Breakaway returns 10am! I will be in a hotel a block and a half away, so I am gonna get my breakfast and watch it dock before we walk our luggage over!

In the port of Barcelona, is it doable to walk from where the Epic docks be to where the Star will dock ?

This would be for a 10 day Mediterranean cruise followed by a 14 day transatlantic. Just a little concerned getting from one ship to the other with luggage in tow.

The ships will be lined up behind each other, a bit like in Miami. I don't know if there is a way of knowing many days in advance which berth each has. Definitely walkable, which is also more convenient too. Just stroll along to your next ship. If really necessary, I guess you can grab a cab dropping off arriving passengers.

We have done this several times. We have even taken different cruise lines B2B. Once we even did a B2B from a cruise ending in Ft. Lauderdale and boarding another in Miami.

Since you can't board your second cruise until a few hours after disembarkation, we have a leasurely breakfast and then take a taxi to the other terminal and wait for first boarding.

We usually fly into the port city the day before the cruise. After the cruise we return by taxi to the hotel we stayed in before the cruise and do our laundry. We then arrange with the hotel to take us to the pier for the next cruise.

This is what we try to do whnenever possible.

We love 7+7, but we change cruise lines.

Could be NCL+HAL, or RCI+NCL, or HAL+Carnival, or NCL+MSC...

Could be MIA + FLL - it does not matter.

NCL+NCL will be too much for us.

Happy cruising!

I like your idea of two different lines B2B....shake things up. You will have me searching for a suitable matches.

See you on the Breakway! I bet you will be the last off the Regal Princess. She returns 6am, while Breakaway returns 10am! I will be in a hotel a block and a half away, so I am gonna get my breakfast and watch it dock before we walk our luggage over!

Thanks for the heads up about BA arriving at 10AM. Will make plans accordingly.

Depends on how much walking you do? Any limits? You’d need to be able to manage. 1/4+. Miles. If at first and last dock