What are your Favorite Things to Do on Sea Days

taylortime05

One more thing to do on an At Sea day: stand at the railing, or get a seat at a window, or sit on your balcony and just look out at the horizon. It’s a sight you normally never see at home unless you live on or near a big body of water. Nothing quite like looking out at the dark blue sharp edge of the sea against the sky. What a fantastic view!

And just think of what is beyond that horizon, or fantasize seeing a square rigger, a galleon, or a pirate brigantine coming up over that horizon. Just a joy to do.

Den

Sea days or port days it doesn't much matter to us. Our favorite part of cruising is to have no plans or agenda.

Like many others we sleep in, nap, hang out on the balcony, enjoy our favorite beverages, enjoy our favorite eating place, do a lot of nothing and disconnect from the world. For us that's what our cruise is about. Completely disconnecting from the world. If we want to go ashore and submerge ourselves in culture we can if we choose to.

We probably look at our cruise differently than most and that's OK. It's your time you can do with it as you wish and we will do the same. The important thing is we are grateful for the opportunity!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

One more thing to do on an At Sea day: stand at the railing, or get a seat at a window, or sit on your balcony and just look out at the horizon. It’s a sight you normally never see at home unless you live on or near a big body of water. Nothing quite like looking out at the dark blue sharp edge of the sea against the sky. What a fantastic view!

And just think of what is beyond that horizon, or fantasize seeing a square rigger, a galleon, or a pirate brigantine coming up over that horizon. Just a joy to do.

Den

YES! My favorite part of cruising. Daydreaming about all the incredible ships that have plied the waters throughout history . Believing that I can understand a little bit of the awe and sense of adventure and danger that early travelers felt.

I photograph all of the art on the ships that I can... a monumental task and takes at least a full day to discover art in places where one would not think of looking, immediately...

bon voyage

Sea days or port days it doesn't much matter to us. Our favorite part of cruising is to have no plans or agenda.

Like many others we sleep in, nap, hang out on the balcony, enjoy our favorite beverages, enjoy our favorite eating place, do a lot of nothing and disconnect from the world. For us that's what our cruise is about. Completely disconnecting from the world. If we want to go ashore and submerge ourselves in culture we can if we choose to.

We probably look at our cruise differently than most and that's OK. It's your time you can do with it as you wish and we will do the same. The important thing is we are grateful for the opportunity!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Where is the LIKE button :D

I photograph all of the art on the ships that I can... a monumental task and takes at least a full day to discover art in places where one would not think of looking, immediately...

bon voyage

Wonder if they still have the booklets at Guest Relations with the art and descriptions.,I used to enjoy that! On QM 2, they had a tour route for the onboard art, very fascinating.

YES! My favorite part of cruising. Daydreaming about all the incredible ships that have plied the waters throughout history . Believing that I can understand a little bit of the awe and sense of adventure and danger that early travelers felt.

I agree we can. I realize our at sea condition is just a bit different from those early sailors and passengers, there is still a connection. We can enjoy that as we sit and watch the seabirds following us, the rolling sea we cut through.

The early sailors who had no idea of what was beyond the horizon, maybe even the edge of the world full of sea monsters, hoping to see some sign of land, a floating brush, or clouds piling up over an island. Then those that followed were leaving the Old World debtors prisons to find a new life in the New. But there were those chained down in the holds of a ship and sold into slavery - if they lived through the terrors of the sea. The young merchantman crossing to England, looking out at sea watching for the telltale wake of a U-boat periscope or worse, a torpedo.

All linked to the sea.

Enough philosophizing. Enjoy that special drink with an umbrella in it, listening to the music around a pool and thinking of when to go down and ‘dress’ for dinner....well dress a bit better (but not much!) than pool dress. But give the horizon a glance and think about what was before us, at sea. Ha!

Den

Wonder if they still have the booklets at Guest Relations with the art and descriptions.,I used to enjoy that! On QM 2, they had a tour route for the onboard art, very fascinating.

When we were onboard the Silhouette last March we had a guest speaker who was very knowledgeable about art.

We thoroughly enjoyed his lecture about all the art and artists on the ship.

Not sure for they still have it, but on the S-Class they allegedly had an ipad you could borrow that had a program describing all the art.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure for they still have it, but on the S-Class they allegedly had an ipad you could borrow that had a program describing all the art.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not ‘allegedly’, they had an iPad we checked out and walked the ship and learned all about the art. Neat. It was 2 years ago, but could still be available.

Den

Enough philosophizing. Enjoy that special drink with an umbrella in it, listening to the music around a pool and thinking of when to go down and ‘dress’ for dinner....well dress a bit better (but not much!) than pool dress. But give the horizon a glance and think about what was before us, at sea. Ha!

Den

Denny -- LOVE your perspective! Hoping that we get the chance to run into each other (well, not literally) at sea, sometime!;)