How far out do everyone book cruises?

aceparty

That doesn't seem very healthy and certainly not a recipe for enjoying your own life. Why would you stew over what someone else paid for their cruise? The real question should be if you feel like YOUR cruise is worth what YOU paid for it.

I agree.

Book what you want for the price that you want to pay. Some will pay less but that shouldn't make you feel bad. Some will pay more but that shouldn't make you feel good.

It doesn't bother me if someone wins a bid and their total was less than mine. It DOES bother me if NCL inflates my direct suite booking price to subsidize the bidding process, however.

I'll be on the Escape in Jan too. The Jan 20th Southern Caribbean sailing :). I booked it May of 2017, so I have been waiting along time. It's finally coming sort of soon :). I find booking early works better. The Jan cruise has gone up and up since we booked. Also there are hardly any cabins left on that sailing, which kind of surprises me, as it is a 14 nighter.

Same one we are on. We booked Jan 2018, exactly 1 year early, and we got the last Spa Balcony room. We can't even compare prices. We are happy with what we paid, but of course cheaper is always better. Should be a great cruise. 8 ports and 5 sea days.

Just Wondering, How far out does the average person book a cruise? Do you book more then one?

Right now we have booked 3:

Jan. 2019 14 night Escape Caribbean

Nov 2019 12 night Star Mediterranean

Jan 2020 7 night Encore Caribbean

Approximately 13 months in advamce

I'm curious how those that book under 6 months out know they are getting the best deal? Like I said before, I book two years out when bookings open. I can watch the price from the minute I book until the time I sail. If you book six months or less out how do you know what the price was the day bookings opened? I find the 6 months or less window to be the highest prices offered. I booked the Escape way out when she first sailed and it only went up in price. I booked my 15 day Bliss cruise for March 2019 back in May 2017. Never went down a cent but up $1100.00

as of this moment. Unless you know what the price was for a cruise the day it became a Available, you can't be sure you got best deal. Way early and last minute are the best prices in my opinion.

I posted earlier stating I feel I've found the best deals within a few months of cruising, so I'll expand. I don't know 100% that I'm getting the BEST deal. What I do know is I have seen on these forums what people have paid for cruises here and there, and what I usually pay tends to be less. I check pricing often, including years in advance and when sailings first open, and I've never paid close to those prices. I usually have in mind a price I want to pay and periodically check--I've usually been able to find that price or similar at some point, as prices fluctuate up and down. As soon as I find the price I want or a good promotion, I book. And I'll wait...and wait and wait, and if that means booking a month prior, I book a month prior. It works for me, but may not work for others. Plus, I couldn't have that much anticipation for that long :') The BEST deal is what you are happy and comfortable with paying.

I start looking for sales and checking prices as soon as I know the cruise is a go. It has been everywhere from 2 months to 1 1/2 years out. We have had 2 booked at a time multiple times over the last 5 years. I already know we will be doing our first retirement trip in March-April 2022 and will be watching for the 2 cruises we want to be a part of it as soon as they become available. In the meantime we have one booked in October of this year that we booked last fall and one booked in May for next year that we booked last winter. Hopefully there will be a few more in between that one and our retirement celebration trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Warm Breezes