Huge price drop after final payment

pchen0

24 minutes ago, 4everOrcruiser said:

Sailing on Reflection on June 3/19. Noticed last week the price dropped $600 per person. Final payment had been paid several months ago. Called TA and she spoke with a Celebrity supervisor and we were offered a $150 OB credit each. Thanks Celebrity.

And that’s why X’s tag line should be ‘consistently inconsistent’ and not ‘Modern Luxury’ - more realistic 🙄 😃.

Have X honoured this on any of your previous X cruises: OBC after a price drop after FP?

45 minutes ago, villauk said:

And that’s why X’s tag line should be ‘consistently inconsistent’ and not ‘Modern Luxury’ - more realistic 🙄 😃.

Have X honoured this on any of your previous X cruises: OBC after a price drop after FP?

After 32 cruises this is the first time on Celebrity. We just asked our TA to inquire on our behalf as a result of reading other CC members having some success after FP.

1 minute ago, 4everOrcruiser said:

After 32 cruises this is the first time on Celebrity. We just asked our TA to inquire on our behalf as a result of reading other CC members having some success after FP.

Thanks for confirming this is your first cruise with X. It’s not at all the norm, as Kevevenpar quoted above, to get any OBC after FP if your cruise drops in price. 

7 minutes ago, villauk said:

Thanks for confirming this is your first cruise with X. It’s not at all the norm, as Kevevenpar quoted above, to get any OBC after FP if your cruise drops in price. 

We have cruised with many different cruise lines but mostly Holland America and Princess. These two cruise lines seem to be much more flexible in offering upgrades, or OBC after FP.

I heard of another case lately where Celebrity "added a perk"  I suspect that may be what happened here, adding the $300 OBC perk.  In any event nice for the OP as they don't generally do anything as they don't have to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I heard of another case lately where Celebrity "added a perk"  I suspect that may be what happened here, adding the $300 OBC perk.  In any event nice for the OP as they don't generally do anything as they don't have to.

Sorry, not up on some of the short forms. What does OP refer to?

On 11/16/2018 at 7:47 PM, catugirl said:

The inconsistencies are many on this topic.  I tried to get something...anything from my TA after price dropped a few months ago, and it was a no go.  I guess it depends on who you talk to and whether they’re in a generous mood or not!😜

On CC there is always at least one person that had a different experience than everyone else.  

Edited by crusinthrough