carry on luggage

wetcoastmom

Is the idea that we can carry on a bag similar size to airline carry on? or must that be checked in? (or whatever the process is)

I found a thread about carrying on a purse, backpack and shopping bag. Would I be able to carry on a purse, small backpack (daypack) and an airplane size carry on?

I wasn't aware there was a carry-on size limit. I'll be at my embarkation port for a week before we sail, so naturally I will have a medium-sized suitcase, not a carry-on. Are you saying they will not allow me to bring it on with me?

You can check more than one bag, say if you have one for your pre-cruise stay and another (or two) for you cruise itself.

You may have to check the bag you are referring to unless it fits through the smaller security scanner. Our checked luggage arrived outside our stateroom rather quickly this last cruise and usually within an hour of boarding.

We took on a backpack each and checked a piece of luggage each as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Click.Write.Post.

We only travel with a carry on each. They easily go thru the security scanners at all airports we have been transited and every cruise terminal that we have been through. No issue whatsoever.

They are both about 13-14 inches wide, 9 inches in depth, and 20 inches in length, included the two wheels.

DW has a purse. I sometimes have a small backpack for my ipad and book. Never an issue.

Thanks for the clarification!

We too usually travel with carry on and a small item, but we will not be flying to get to our cruise.

It is cooler than it was a few weeks ago, partly due to the smoke, but it is still fairly warm in Seattle and Victoria. We are assuming that we will need some warm layers, rain jacket and shoes for potential mud up north so I just wanted to check. My kids are a bit older now and so there may not be as much room to stuff extra items in their bags

I wasn't aware there was a carry-on size limit. I'll be at my embarkation port for a week before we sail, so naturally I will have a medium-sized suitcase, not a carry-on. Are you saying they will not allow me to bring it on with me?

The scanners at security are air port size.

I doubt if your medium size suitcase will fit through the scanner. Most of the scanners can handle anything around 22 by 14 by 9.

I've seen many posts indicating "carry on size" but I don't believe there is an actual limit. Keep in mind that anything that doesn't fit through the scanner will have to be manually inspected. Also, nobody is going to assist with the luggage.

Our experience has been that the scanners are somewhat (not a lot) bigger than airport scanners.

This is especially true in view of the fact that many airlines have chiseled away at their carryon limits. The cruise lines have not.

Our experience has been that the scanners are somewhat (not a lot) bigger than airport scanners.

This is especially true in view of the fact that many airlines have chiseled away at their carryon limits. The cruise lines have not.

I seem to recall that most scanners are about the same size as at the airport, but I have seen a few in the past that you could get a larger bag through. If you are considering this, you might post the port and maybe someone can respond based on experience.