Bringing a fan onboard?

cnvh

BF can't sleep without a fan on his side of the bed, partly for the breeze but also for the white noise. I picked up a nice little box fan on Amazon that is powered by a USB plug, rather than a regular wall outlet. Is this something we'll be allowed to have onboard, or will it get confiscated? Any guesses?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

NCL has become VERY strict on electrical devices. Are used to bring my mini blender and the last time I attempted it was confiscated. Before eight you should consider a battery operated fan. The batteries might be pricey but that's your way to ensure that you can have the fan you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

also, if you do bring an electrical fan and it's confiscated....... go to Guest Services and instead of arguing just ask that a ship's engineer inspect it and if it passes they will return it. Arguing will result in a guaranteed "no"

NCL has become VERY strict on electrical devices. Are used to bring my mini blender and the last time I attempted it was confiscated. Before eight you should consider a battery operated fan. The batteries might be pricey but that's your way to ensure that you can have the fan you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

May I ask why you brought a blender with you?

I have always brought a small 6" electric clip fan on every cruise I have been on......never been a problem nor confiscated. As a matter of fact, on the Epic, they had cleaned the carpet before we embarked and it was soaking wet.....NCL brought us up a big box electric fan that belonged to NCL, and we kept it the entire cruise in our room.....no problem! There is nothing written preventing fans nor fans powered by electric cords (vs. USB). We board the Bliss in 4 weeks and I am bringing my little fan and not expecting it to be an issue at all!!

I took a white noise fan with me on the Epic in May. I had no issues and just made sure to unplug it every day when I left my room. I didn't hide it, as it sat on one of the shelves. I had no problems whatsoever. However, going through the airport my bag with the fan always seems to get searched no matter which bad isit in.

BF can't sleep without a fan on his side of the bed, partly for the breeze but also for the white noise. I picked up a nice little box fan on Amazon that is powered by a USB plug, rather than a regular wall outlet. Is this something we'll be allowed to have onboard, or will it get confiscated? Any guesses?

We bring our fan with us every time, never any issues, I do take it in our carry on not in checked luggage . You will have no problem, just don't bring anything with a heating element and a fan does not have that

P.S I have brought both USB and a small travel electric fan.

Marion

I have a small USB powered mini fan (about 6' wide) and I plan to bring it. It has saved my life on a few vacations. The electrical exceptions that I saw listed all centered around heating elements, so I am going to guess that my fan won't be an issue.

We've brought our Vornado room fans on every cruise in our expanded signature since 2008 and have never had any of them confiscated. However, we meet the steward, tell him we sleep with the fan on year round, will unplug when not in the room and would appreciate it if he would tell us if it would be an issue. Never been.

Prohibited List: print this take with you....Nothing about a fan: #21 states anything with a heating element....my fan or any of my fans doesn't have a heating element,

I ALWAYS TAKE A FAN, 7"/Holmes Lil Blizzard Oscillating Table Fan, and it is awesome

I print the prohibit list attach one to the fan and keep one with my cruise documents

PROHIBITED ITEMS LIST

The safety and security of our guests and crew is our number one priority. The following items are prohibited on-board vessels. These items will be confiscated and not transported aboard. When an item is determined to be illegal the appropriate authorities will be informed.

• 1. All illegal narcotics/drugs. (Including Marijuana prescribed for medical purposes and other items used as drug paraphernalia. This includes Hookah Pipes).
  • 2. All firearms including replicas, imitations, non-firing weapons, starting pistols and their components
  • 3. Air, BB or pellet pistols or rifles
  • 4. Any other projectile-weapon or item that resembles or can be mistaken as a firearm (e.g., paint ball guns)
  • 5. All ammunition or replica ammunition for listed line items 2, 3 & 4
  • 6. All explosives, component parts (i.e. detonators) including imitation explosives and devices
  • 7. Fireworks, flares, and pyrotechnics
  • 8. Martial Arts Weapons (i.e. throwing stars, flails)
  • 9. Knives with a blade longer than 4 inches/10.16 cm
  • 10. Open razors
  • 11. Swords, Skean Dhus, or Kirpans
  • 12. Spears or spear guns
  • 13. Crossbows, crossbow bolts, and long bow arrows
  • 14. Blunt weapons including knuckle dusters, brass knuckles, clubs, telescopic batons, batons, flails or nunchaku
  • 15. Items containing incapacitating substances (e.g. gas guns, tear gas sprays, mace, phosphorus, acid and other dangerous chemicals that could be used to maim or disable
  • 16. Restraining Devices (i.e. handcuffs, leg, and head restraining straps)
  • 17. Flammable substances and hazardous chemicals. (e.g., petrol, methylated spirits, paint thinners, lighter fuel, etc.)
  • 18. Any other item made, adapted or intended for use as an offensive weapon
  • 19. Stun devices (i.e. Tazers and Stun Guns)
  • 20. Large batteries
  • 21. Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, clothing irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.
  • 22. Any remotely controlled or autonomously flying devices, toys or drones
  • 23. Self-balancing hover boards, air wheels, scooters, or Segway’s
  • 24. Compressed gas tanks, bottles, cylinders including dive tanks, propane tanks and large aerosol cans
  • 25. Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), ham radios, satellite phones, transformers, lasers and laser pointers
  • 26. Any form of radio/ telephone signal jamming equipment
  • 27. Samsung Note 7
  • 28. Candles

We've brought our Vornado room fans on every cruise in our expanded signature since 2008 and have never had any of them confiscated. However, we meet the steward, tell him we sleep with the fan on year round, will unplug when not in the room and would appreciate it if he would tell us if it would be an issue. Never been.