Vibe on Norwegian Escape... worth it?

Heathermcgrath

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are embarking on our 1st anniversary cruise on October 14th on the Escape. We sailed on the Gem last year for our honeymoon and found the pool area to be constantly packed and if we weren't out early enough we never had seats. Wondering what it is like on the Escape and if it is worth it to purchase passes for Vibe on the days at sea? Does anyone have personal experience with this? We don't want to be stuck in a "stuffy" area where we can't be having fun, but we also don't want to be surrounded by tons of children and be unable to ever find a seat at the pool. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

If you want a "seat at the pool", VIBE isn't for you since it doesn't have a pool.

On Escape, there are usually plenty of loungers away from the pool if all that you want is a lounger.

The amount of fun vs. quiet in VIBE depends on who is on your sailing.

VIBE, Spice H2O, and the Spa are other possibilities for adult-only areas with loungers and each has advantages over the other 2.

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are embarking on our 1st anniversary cruise on October 14th on the Escape. We sailed on the Gem last year for our honeymoon and found the pool area to be constantly packed and if we weren't out early enough we never had seats. Wondering what it is like on the Escape and if it is worth it to purchase passes for Vibe on the days at sea? Does anyone have personal experience with this? We don't want to be stuck in a "stuffy" area where we can't be having fun, but we also don't want to be surrounded by tons of children and be unable to ever find a seat at the pool. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

The Vibe would be a nice getaway for an anniversary cruise. But, you're gonna have to want to spend [a lot] of time out there in the sun to make it worth while.

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Check out this video.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXeroHJikWI&t=18s

My wife and I really like the Vibe, some people would rather not spend the money and go to Spice H20. Most of the time you need to be one of the first boarding to get passes. I believe 80 are sold.

If you thought the Gem pool area was crowded, Escape will show you crowded.

This!

Go in with realistic expectations. If sitting by the pool and relaxing in a lounger is important to you, I fear you may be disappointed unless you do so on port days when everyone is off the ship. Escape has quite possibly the most crowded and undersized pool area at sea.

I've done the Vibe pass four out of the five times I've cruised Breakaway, and I plan to do it when I board Escape in October. However... it's definitely not for everyone. These type of questions ("Is it worth it?") are sort of hard to answer, because they depend completely on what you're looking for. Obviously, I find Vibe to be 100 percent worth it. I do NOT like the noise and crowds of the pool. I'm a big fan of sitting at a bar, chatting with new people, maybe hitting the hot tub... all of which I can do in the Vibe area. The fact that it's adults only is another HUGE selling point for me. The fact that they limit the number of passes? Again, a huge selling point. I've never found it to be "stuffy", although it is far quieter (in the best possible way) than is the pool area. It's also quieter (and easier to find a good lounger) than Spice H20 most of the time. (Plus, the loungers in Vibe are WAY more comfy than those at the pool or Spice H20.) Heck, a bartender who by the end of the first day knows my name and favorite drink? Yup, totally worth it to me!

I concur with Tralfie. We decided last minute to try for Vibe passes on Escape when we got boarding group 1. It was worth every penny and helped make that sailing my favorite so far. The area was quiet during the day but livened up late afternoon/early evening with shot o'clock. The service and staff were phenomenal (Rommel, Vince, Michael), and we made a few friends too. It was so perfect for us I'm on the fence about trying for Vibe passes on Getaway - I don't know that it could live up to how it was on Escape. Plus I wonder if our friends will find it too quiet for their liking. As people have said, it's not for everyone.

I've done the Vibe pass four out of the five times I've cruised Breakaway, and I plan to do it when I board Escape in October. However... it's definitely not for everyone. These type of questions ("Is it worth it?") are sort of hard to answer, because they depend completely on what you're looking for. Obviously, I find Vibe to be 100 percent worth it. I do NOT like the noise and crowds of the pool. I'm a big fan of sitting at a bar, chatting with new people, maybe hitting the hot tub... all of which I can do in the Vibe area. The fact that it's adults only is another HUGE selling point for me. The fact that they limit the number of passes? Again, a huge selling point. I've never found it to be "stuffy", although it is far quieter (in the best possible way) than is the pool area. It's also quieter (and easier to find a good lounger) than Spice H20 most of the time. (Plus, the loungers in Vibe are WAY more comfy than those at the pool or Spice H20.) Heck, a bartender who by the end of the first day knows my name and favorite drink? Yup, totally worth it to me!

I concur with Tralfie. We decided last minute to try for Vibe passes on Escape when we got boarding group 1. It was worth every penny and helped make that sailing my favorite so far. The area was quiet during the day but livened up late afternoon/early evening with shot o'clock. The service and staff were phenomenal (Rommel, Vince, Michael), and we made a few friends too. It was so perfect for us I'm on the fence about trying for Vibe passes on Getaway - I don't know that it could live up to how it was on Escape. Plus I wonder if our friends will find it too quiet for their liking. As people have said, it's not for everyone.

Ditto, for my wife and I it never gets boring. Will spend half the time on the loungers and the other half by the bar. We always enjoy meeting and talking to new people. Its not nice to have to scream over the music. With that said I will go down to the pool early before it gets too crowded to take a deep. We also do the slides in the afternoon. The cost of $129 is well worth it for us, I have seen people leave and get their money back because they either thought it had a pool or was too quite for them