Large Group dining on the Regal

blazerjan

We are a group of 19 women going on the Regal in early October and we all signed up for any time dining. The group would like to have one dinner together. How would I go about arranging this?

See the MD at the time/place listed in the Patter on embarkation day where he meets with passengers with all kinds of dining requests.

It is usually held in one of the DR's between 2pm and 3:30pm.

Had you considered for your one time dinner together to do specialty dining? I’m not sure if the Crown Grill could accommodate a group of 19 but I would bet that Sabatini’s could since that is a larger facility. Would make for a special evening!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Had you considered for your one time dinner together to do specialty dining? I’m not sure if the Crown Grill could accommodate a group of 19 but I would bet that Sabatini’s could since that is a larger facility. Would make for a special evening!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That would probably be easier to arrange. Would think it would be difficult to do a table of 19 not to mention people on one end could not speak to those on the end without speaking rather loudly.

Did you book as a group? If so, this was my experience:

We traveled (and booked) as a group of 20 three years ago and princess had a group coordinator work with us. Although we wanted to eat together, the main dining room couldn’t accommodate that many people at one table. What they did was they gave us two tables next to each other.

There was an issue the first night where the tables were not near each other. After that, we were told we should call the dining line and reserve our dining each day since we had such a large party. That way we could be seated at tables next to each other.

The only restaurant that was able to accommodate us at one table was the crown grill.

If you want to do dinner together every night, you should switch to traditional dining. Anytime dining will have a hard time not setting a fixed time for a group that size. Even so, you will be at more than one table, at least that was our experience when we had a big group of 18 (?) one cruise. We switched around who we ate with every night. It was the days of only traditional dining.

I interpret the OP as only wanting one dinner on a single evening with the entire group.

I suggest speaking with a headwaiter in your dining room (or Maitre d' if he is in that dining room) early in the cruise to make that request. Have an evening and time in mind when you ask for this.

Although you could speak with the Maitre d' on embarkation day as suggested in an above post, he will be dealing with dozens of other passengers who are unhappy with their dining room assignments. The scene is very much like the opening of "The Godfather" where people come to him for favors. I suggest it would be better to make your request at another time.

Speak with the maitre'd or head waiter early in the cruise. You should get what you need. It will not be one table, could be two or three close together.

I do the Halloween repo on the Regal every year. We do a lot of group dinners and never have had an issue, until last year. We had quite a large group and reservations. When we told them we had arrived they said that they couldn’t seat us because they changed the policy and would only take groups of 5. It was infuriating. A few of us stayed but most left.