too late to purchase drink package

So I went to purchase our drink packages for our cruise that leaves Saturday and it won’t let me. I wish it had said I couldn’t do it right before the cruise. I really don’t want to lose that 20%. Is there anything I can do. I plan on calling at my lunch break but I thought I’d see if that’s even a good idea.

Candice

All of the planner info needs to be transferred to the ship and RCI has chosen to cut off making any more changes to the planner 3 days out. I suspect you might be able to get around that limitation calling, but they probably have some cut off as well.

So I went to purchase our drink packages for our cruise that leaves Saturday and it won’t let me. I wish it had said I couldn’t do it right before the cruise. I really don’t want to lose that 20%. Is there anything I can do. I plan on calling at my lunch break but I thought I’d see if that’s even a good idea.

Candice

It does say on your cruise planner the last date for reserving stuff beforehand. After that date you have to buy on board.

So how is this RCIs problem or ours?

You had HOW LONG to do this?

I bet RCI will let you buy it if you call, but at the on board price.

"Lack of prior planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

"Lack of prior planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

If you are going to take the responsibility of the parental roll, I would say it was your job to remind them. Since you didn’t, you don’t have the right to say, “I told you so”.

P.S.

I use the, “Your poor planning is not my emergency” phrase on my kids all of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Candice

You're too late, as it close 3 days before your cruise.

When you are in the drink package section, the cut off date and time is shown at the bottom of the page.

Wow they just asked a question I don't think they needed to be scolded . I thought we are here to help . No need to be mean

If you are going to take the responsibility of the parental roll, I would say it was your job to remind them. Since you didn’t, you don’t have the right to say, “I told you so”.

P.S.

I use the, “Your poor planning is not my emergency” phrase on my kids all of the time.

I just get a bit tired of people complaining that they screwed up, and that someone should fix it.

And I don't have kids. :D

Wow they just asked a question I don't think they needed to be scolded . I thought we are here to help . No need to be mean

I am being helpful. Telling them that next time, do this BEFORE the cut off. :D

And how do you help this person?

My SO is a teacher. I mentioned this and another post about missing deadlines. She laughed. Her students do this all the time. She gives them 3 months to do some assignment, and they come in and need more time because their laptop stopped working. Maybe if they did not wait until the day before it was due......

I wouldn't sweat it.

When we got on Anthem, they were pushing a great deal on the drink package and it was even CHEAPER than the online price, but again that's probably set up according to sales, maybe they were low for the cruise.