Christmas Dinner-Please help

ilovemygirls

We will be on the Getaway for Christmas. My 10 year old is worried it will not feel like Christmas. She is most concerned about Christmas Dinner. What is the best dining room to reserve for the most "Traditional" experience. Thank you so much in advance for any information you can provide.

We will be on the Getaway for Christmas. My 10 year old is worried it will not feel like Christmas. She is most concerned about Christmas Dinner. What is the best dining room to reserve for the most "Traditional" experience. Thank you so much in advance for any information you can provide.

Significant question concerns what traditions she is concerned about. Traditions vary by culture and even by family.

All three main dining rooms with have the same menu. You can expect a Turkey and dressing option, but it is not like most people get at home, mainly because there are not dozens of sides. The Manhattan Dining Room would probably give the best atmosphere.

My experience is that the ships are decorated with holiday theme sort of neutral not religious. Most ships have someone who dresses as santa but not much is done for Christmas, so if your 10 year old wants a traditional Christmas and feels the need for family gathering around the tree this may not be the cruise for her

We did a Christmas cruise years ago when my kids were much younger - think they were something like 10 and 6 - albeit it was not NCL. The kids loved it. We prepped them for the idea that it wouldn’t be exactly like Home but took the stockings and put wrapped pictures of their gifts in the stockings, so we still had a “Christmas morning”. Dinner had the traditional turkey option like NCL and it was very festive. Lots of people dressed in holiday attire. I’d say you can make it festive if you want to. The kids have great memories of that cruise. So much so that we are doing a Christmas/NYE with NCL next year now that they are late teens. It was all in the expectation prep for us. (Oh, and laying on deck with a puma colada on Christmas Day instead of cleaning up wrapping paper and fixing an elaborate Christmas dinner was heaven for me!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have done Christmas twice on The Getaway.

The Main Dining Rooms will have a full turkey dinner.

Christmas Eve the Hotel Management staff will lead Christmas carol singing in the lobby.

There will some type of Christmas Eve Service led by staff.

SANTA will arrive in the lobby on Christmas morning with gifts and pose for pictures. Usually about 7:30 A.M. to about 8:30 A.M.

There will be decorations all over the ship. Probably by La Bistro Restaurant (Deck 6) will be a very large impressive Gingerbread Village.

Enjoy Wish I could join you.

The Main Dining Room.

HI, we were on the Breakaway a fe Christmas' ago with our grandchildren. They were 9 and 7 at the time. Christmas Morning there were gifts inu the room from parents and from us. Santa was in the atrium on Christmas morning handing out gifts. The gifts we NCL items. Actually we took our grandson down first and when we came back with a present in hand, out granddaughter (who is the oldest) wanted to go down. After she got her gift (juggling balls) and we were walking back to the room she turned to me and said: "this was the best Christmas ever." . When I asked why, she said Santa handed her the present. Think about it, if you go to work Christmas parties or the like....the kids sit on Santa's lap and an then an elf hands them the gift. On the this ship Santa handed them the gift while they were still with him. When they got home, thanks tot a neighbor, Santa's gifts were under the tree waiting for them.

Tell your granddaughter, traditions are great but sometimes making new memories or new traditions is awesome!!!!

We have been on several cruises over the Christmas and New Year’s holidays. The ship tends to be decorated with Christmas trees and all sorts of holiday gingerbread house take displays and such, so it is very festive, along with holiday music playing. A lot of people bring posters and things for their doors. We actually take a light up snow globe or something like that that runs at night that makes the room feel a little more homey and festive as well. I also take presents with us, and pre-cut all wrapping paper and such in the suitcase so it makes it super simple to get ready for Christmas morning. We did Christmas on the getaway last Christmas and the details are here if it is helpful at all. https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums