Circle North Pacific

AVCruzers

I am aware that the 60 day Circle North Pacific on the CORAL embarks later this month. Has Princess done this itinerary before? Unless I missed it, I did not see this cruise for 2019 and 2020 cruises are only listed until May of that year in the latest atlas. Our 60th wedding anniversary will be in 2020; what do you think our chances are for such a cruise in the fall of 2020? We don't like to fly so cruises using LA are perfect for us.

I am aware that the 60 day Circle North Pacific on the CORAL embarks later this month. Has Princess done this itinerary before? Unless I missed it, I did not see this cruise for 2019 and 2020 cruises are only listed until May of that year in the latest atlas. Our 60th wedding anniversary will be in 2020; what do you think our chances are for such a cruise in the fall of 2020? We don't like to fly so cruises using LA are perfect for us.

Other than circling the North Pacific. Where does it go?

I think this cruise will end up being a one-off of Princess having extra capacity this fall and wondering "since the 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti/Samoa is popular, will anyone bite on a 60 day Alaska/Asia/Hawaii version?"

If you look at this time next year there is less variety from Los Angeles due to Ruby spending one season in Australia and Emerald in Europe until December. As for 2020, just look at all the discussion on where Grand Princess may or may not be--a preview of a likely large cascade of re-deployments.

https://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=6831N

We are doing this one.. we leave on September 19. Excited for the itinerary. No flight s for us either😜🤞

We booked it on The Pacific princess the day it came out. We were told by the future cruise consultant that it was a World War II cruise and it would be lots of special events and special speakers regarding World War II and all the world war II ports. Haven’t heard much about that aspect of it since but hoping that turns out to be true ..

Haven’t seen it offered again but you never know depends maybe on how this one turns out, but it is a sold-out cruise 😳

Someone on our blog is doing a live feed. So there should be updates daily on our progress 🚢

I think this cruise will end up being a one-off of Princess having extra capacity this fall and wondering "since the 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti/Samoa is popular, will anyone bite on a 60 day Alaska/Asia/Hawaii version?"

If you look at this time next year there is less variety from Los Angeles due to Ruby spending one season in Australia and Emerald in Europe until December. As for 2020, just look at all the discussion on where Grand Princess may or may not be--a preview of a likely large cascade of re-deployments.

https://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=6831N

What did you mean by extra capacity? Cruise has been sold out for a month plus.

La to LA with 2 segments in conjunction with Shanghai.

4 stops in Alaska

5 Stops in Japan

2 Stops in China

1 stop in Korea

1 stop in Hong Kong

1 stop in Taiwan

3 stops in Viet Nam

1 stop in the Philippines

1 stop in Guam

2 stops in Hawaii

What did you mean by extra capacity? Cruise has been sold out for a month plus.

I was pointing out that at the time this cruise was originally added to the schedule that there still had to be other Princess ships available in the region to sail the normal number of seven and ten day cruises out of LA and SF. "Spare capacity" rather than "extra" is admittedly the better term but the context of my previous post still should have been obvious.

Anyway hopefully Princess is listening to the people who, when they saw there was no repeat of this itinerary in 2019, immediately began asking if it will run in 2020. But since trying to figure out the Summer 2020 deployments has been unusually vexing, speculating on Fall 2020 prior to its expected release sometime next year is a total crapshoot.

Incredible cruise on an incredible ship!! :hearteyes::cool::hearteyes:

You’ve got that right!! We booked it the day it came out and have been planning for it ever since.

Gonna’ really miss that great internet we had on the CB!

Only downside I see to this cruise is there will be a huge number of elites. It will probably take a week to get your clothes back from the laundry and the cut off for the MTG lunch will be high. 800 or more wouldn’t surprise me.

4 stops in Alaska

5 Stops in Japan

2 Stops in China

1 stop in Korea

1 stop in Hong Kong

1 stop in Taiwan

3 stops in Viet Nam

1 stop in Guam

2 stops in Hawaii

The LA to LA aspect is major to me. Quick, easy, cheap flights from where I live. Too bad we aren't booked on this one but we already have 4 cruises booked at the moment!

The LA to LA aspect is major to me. Quick, easy, cheap flights from where I live. Too bad we aren't booked on this one but we already have 4 cruises booked at the moment!

So do we. We also have two more FCDs. We may take some time on a sea day and sit down with the future cruise rep and see if we can find something that will excite us.

You’ve got that right!! We booked it the day it came out and have been planning for it ever since.

Only downside I see to this cruise is there will be a huge number of elites. It will probably take a week to get your clothes back from the laundry and the cut off for the MTG lunch will be high. 800 or more wouldn’t surprise me.

We were on a cruise last fall we had to cancel due to an injury to the DW. after 5 weeks of depression and moping, we got the princess books out as well as going on line and found this one. We have changed rooms twice now working ourselves toward the ship's middle as well as rebooking with a 4K savings each.

WE did most of this cruise a few years ago in reverse order. Don't remember which ship but we had all the stops in the Orient and then Russia before coming across to Whittier. The ship continued on down through Canada and back to the mainland. We did not have the time for the complete trip but sure would do it again now and even longer :-)

WE did most of this cruise a few years ago in reverse order. Don't remember which ship but we had all the stops in the Orient and then Russia before coming across to Whittier. The ship continued on down through Canada and back to the mainland. We did not have the time for the complete trip but sure would do it again now and even longer :-)

That was the he Diamond.

4 stops in Alaska

5 Stops in Japan

2 Stops in China

1 stop in Korea

1 stop in Hong Kong

1 stop in Taiwan

3 stops in Viet Nam

1 stop in Guam

2 stops in Hawaii

And a lot of the ports are late departures, like 2200. That makes a lot of extra time for night foodie runs, Osaka and Keelung, and not worrying too much about missing the ship. The Princess excursions are rather sparse, so there are a LOT of private excursions planned.

We have over 300 CC members on the cruise and one of the most active roll calls since the 2015 28 Day Crown Tahiti run.

The roll call is at:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2503755

The cruise website is in my signature line below. You can see the huge number of private tours planned.

We will be doing a group Live From Thread and others will be doing blogs. After the cruise I should have my illustrated trip report completed before the 2019 WC and may even do a Video of the cruise as well.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Princess will start using the Coral, and Island, for long adventure type cruises. (Like the Island 60 day South American cruise and this one.) And as a replacement for the Sea/Sun in partial and total WC's. The 28 day Tahiti run has gotten so popular they are doing two of them a year and using a SuperGrand.

While I have not been on the Pacific yet, the Coral still remains, IMHO, the most spacious of the ships in terms of 'crowdedness'. I was surprised that after years on Grands and SuperGrands, the Island, even after the butchering, still has a pretty low 'crowdedness' score - although the Universe Lounge was sorely missed.

Well you will have the time to wait! :D

• 1 month later...

I do not see this cruise in 2020 and really wanted to do it. I had hopes it would be offered and would have done this year but had a non refundable plane ticket for a Canadian Rockies tour. Please post if anyone sees this 60 day offered again.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:22 PM, kaliterri said:

I do not see this cruise in 2020 and really wanted to do it. I had hopes it would be offered and would have done this year but had a non refundable plane ticket for a Canadian Rockies tour. Please post if anyone sees this 60 day offered again.

We'll be watching for it with you! 😄