10:50 AM flight

wr813

Our ship was stuck out to sea until 1pm (supposed to arrive at 6am) on the other side of the Tampa Bay Bridge ...due to fog. (notorious in Tampa). Most people missed their flights. Deportation did not begin until after 2pm.

Deportation?!?!?!?! Yikes!

Our ship was stuck out to sea until 1pm (supposed to arrive at 6am) on the other side of the Tampa Bay Bridge ...due to fog. (notorious in Tampa). Most people missed their flights. Deportation did not begin until after 2pm.

They don't deport passengers from a ship they disembarkation passengers.;):D:p:*

There are several variables, but you'd make it if all were applicable.

First, you'd need to self-debark as soon as possible. If you aren't diamond, platinum or FTTF then make arrangements with the staff at Guest Services. Then hustle to the cab line and get moving.

At the airport you'd do well to do all the things to expedite your boarding. Curbside check luggage if the line is not long or go inside and use one of the airline kiosks to print luggage tags.

Tampa is a very efficient airport for getting people to the gate. If you were to miss your flight check and see what the change fee and or additional charges would be.

Good luck!

I just looked at a calendar and noticed November 17th is a Saturday, so traffic won't be as bad as it would be during the week. I still wouldn't book a flight that early, but as Ballfour mentioned, it's possible to make it to the airport on time if everything goes right. But one small delay in any area mentioned would significantly increase your chances of missing a flight that early.

I would not book one that early. I'd rather be stuck in the airport waiting on a flight than stressing out about whether my ship will come into port on time, will there be delays going through customs, will there be traffic issues, security issues at the airport, etc.

If everything goes smoothly, you can be off the ship before 8 and it's not far to the airport.

As for fog, it's not common in November. It's usually December through February or March when the ships are delayed by fog.

If everything goes smoothly, you can be off the ship before 8 and it's not far to the airport.

As for fog, it's not common in November. It's usually December through February or March when the ships are delayed by fog.

The biggest word here is "IF".

November 17, there is a flight from Tampa at 1050 a.m. Is that too early or is it ok?

I'd pull the trigger and do it. Cruised out of TB 4/5 times and generally book a plane before noon. I got delayed once and it only cost me an additional $80 dollars to get on a flight that left at 2 pm. Good odds and well worth my time....

Edited by LostPuppy

November 17, there is a flight from Tampa at 1050 a.m. Is that too early or is it ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can it be done? Yes. Is it recommended? NO. My wife and I are heavy travelers and did this 2 yrs ago. We self assisted off with our carry-on bags(we pack super light). Thru customs, into a cab and at the airport by 8:45. We have global entry/tsa pre-check(well worth it if you travel a lot) so right thru the line with our mobile boarding passes and at the gate by 9:00.