Online check in

debnjoe1438

Hello, I've noticed on MyNCL I now have the option of putting in payment information (credit card/cash) for my up coming cruises. For anyone who has done this, did it save you any noticeable time at the port during check in?

I think it is more that you can't complete your online check-in and get your edocs without entering the information. On the Bliss, we just had our passports scanned (for both the passport number and the photo for security) and were handed our keys.

I think it is more that you can't complete your online check-in and get your edocs without entering the information. On the Bliss, we just had our passports scanned (for both the passport number and the photo for security) and were handed our keys.

Thanks

I've read these posts about having to put in a CC # for purchases on your on line check in. I did both my check in & my sisters check in yesterday for travel mid - January and nowhere was the a place asking for that info. not sure why but we are both 100% checked in.

I've read these posts about having to put in a CC # for purchases on your on line check in. I did both my check in & my sisters check in yesterday for travel mid - January and nowhere was the a place asking for that info. not sure why but we are both 100% checked in.

I was 100% checked in on both of my upcoming cruises and noticed a couple of days ago that I am now only 80% checked on both. One in December 91 days away and the other next year 406 days away.

What is now requested is my preferred payment while on the cruise. Either I'm putting in credit card or debit card information, or choosing cash. I called NCL and the rep told me I didn't have to fill in that portion and I would still be able to print my e-doc'. I suppose I'll find out in about 30day (give or take a couple) if this is so.

Please let us know if it allows you to complete check-in without adding a card.

I would rather not put in a credit card prior to the cruise. I do not always use the same card for every trip and would rather make that choice as we board.

Can you just put in 'cash' and then add your credit card at the port as usual?

We are less than 2 months out, OLCI was completed several weeks ago at 100% - printed out eDocs already. Last week, noticed this new option and OCLI changed to 80% as well.

Just checked the option to use "cash" for onboard expenses for both of us and jackpot, 100% again. Even without doing that, as a challenge test - still able to print out eDocs & luggage tags. DW preferred not to input credit/debit card info in advance & to have encrypted (??) financial stored on their server, given their I.T. reputation. We will reconsider on whether to use cash or switch to a credit card, like before, when we are at the check-in counter inside the terminal - and, ask for a switch.

Swiping a chip-enabled credit/debit card at pier check-in would, practically, speed up or slow down things ... by 15 seconds ?? But, the agent still has to do the photo capture via their camera to link with the guest keycard.

The optional, no-frills basic insurance protection is offered & popped up for anyone who didn't purchase NCL's "regular" add-on insurance ...

Hello, I've noticed on MyNCL I now have the option of putting in payment information (credit card/cash) for my up coming cruises. For anyone who has done this, did it save you any noticeable time at the port during check in?

It probably won't save any single individual any noticeable time, but when you look at the big picture, it can save a lot of time.

For example, we'll assume that doing the credit card early saves 10 seconds.

Not a great savings for one person.

However, 10 seconds per person times 4,000 guests is 40,000 seconds saved.

40,000 seconds is 666 minutes or a little more than 11 hours.

When you're tasked with processing 4,000 disembarking guests and another 4,000 embarking guests through a terminal in one shift saving 11 hours can't hurt.