Status Match 5% discount

cruiser man 60

MSC have just confirmed me as classic to match NCL which entitles me to 5 % discount. I already have a cruise booked, can I request the 5% discount before I pay final balance and if so how do this, I booked via website?

Also do I have to apply separately for my wife to get same discount?

Thanks for any advice

MSC have just confirmed me as classic to match NCL which entitles me to 5 % discount. I already have a cruise booked, can I request the 5% discount before I pay final balance and if so how do this, I booked via website?

Also do I have to apply separately for my wife to get same discount?

Thanks for any advice

If you apply before final payment the discount will be applied to your invoice. alter final payment date you will receive OBC to the value of the discount

Pete

I booked online. When I called to make my final payment, the agent applied the 5% on the spot. Took all of 2 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only 1 person in the cabin has to be at classic level or above to get the 5% discount. Note, you get 5% off of the fare only and not port fees or taxes.

That may apply to US bookings; we get 5% off the total price of the cruise in Ireland (and the UK).

Question related to the 5%. I booked on the memorial day special, balcony for price of inside and was advised that the previous cruiser discount did not apply because of the special pricing. Would this apply to status match as well since I have sailed Carnival and Norwegian in the past as well, in addition to MSC last year.

So can I get this straight , If we have booked a cruise but only paid the deposit so far and then become classic members of voyagers we can ask for the 5 % discount to be applied to this cruise we have booked???? who do we call voyagers or MSC bookings ? or do we email?

We joined Voyagers club first and then emailed MSC for status match with copy of NCL latitueds level. The email address is in my post above, for U.K. guests and I assume there will be a US equivalent. You could try emailing status match first with details and they may just put you in VC at same time.

So can I get this straight , If we have booked a cruise but only paid the deposit so far and then become classic members of voyagers we can ask for the 5 % discount to be applied to this cruise we have booked???? who do we call voyagers or MSC bookings ? or do we email?

If you don't/can't status-match, you need to cruise first with MSC before you "reach" Classic level and be entitled to the 5% discount. You can certainly apply for membership of Voyagers Club prior to sailing and will come in at entry level: "Welcome" membership. As you can see from the following link, if you do, you will receive a bonus of 100 points:

https://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

If you don't/can't status-match, you need to cruise first with MSC before you "reach" Classic level and be entitled to the 5% discount. You can certainly apply for membership of Voyagers Club prior to sailing and will come in at entry level: "Welcome" membership. As you can see from the following link, if you do, you will receive a bonus of 100 points:

https://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

We are now classic members again !!!! (annoying as it was I lost all my points with voyagers having Not sailed within the 3 year cut off despite having 3 cruises booked but not taken yet)

What Im asking to clarify is what the OP asked , having already booked a cruise but not not paid in full yet can we get the 5% discount applied to this booking now we are classic members again?

• 3 weeks later...

I applied for a status match last week and received classic which was "meh". However they refunded me $156 as I had paid in full. I am not going through the process of getting the entire family status match as our second cabin did not get the discount.

I sent all the documentation in at the beginning of the week so hopefully this week I will be refunded another $156 for cabin 2.