"Live" - 17-21 September 2018 Exploring Vancouver Island on Explorer of the Seas

PCWalton1

How was check in for you Bill?

We arrived at 1pm.... there was one couple in the PN/suite line, zero in the D/D+ line and about 100in the regular line.

Total time from Armory lot to my cabin was 40min... a total breeze.

Honey stung chicken available in WJ for lunch... haven’t seen that the last couple of times, albeit they were Med/Euro cruises. Great Asian section for lunch... Thai Urey chicken and butter chicken.

Sitting. The DL enjoying a macchiato as we speak, looking out at the gorgeous view and Bill Gates’ yacht (helicopter on the back)

IMG_8006.thumb.JPG.53d90d235291cef6a46b5761a36df52d.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm also on Explorer in 10 days. I've been watching the weather reports, I see it's in the 60s, is it already cold enough for coats?
If it says 60s that is usually late afternoon. The mornings its just in the 50s.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Great minds think alike Bill! You must’ve been there early at 6... we arrived at 8 and didn’t see you

IMG_8140.thumb.JPG.8d7ff3ae7c0ba4835522ee069650d421.JPG

We had the mushroom soup which was awesome as always, as were the hot apples

Crab cake and tuna tartare

IMG_8142.thumb.JPG.6ef9dfa2000703297a5df41e4b30e753.JPG

IMG_8143.thumb.JPG.6faba80f26645490f0c411bb4a9e4df6.JPG

Server was extremely Polished. First time in my cruising history he asked to cut through my steak steak to ensure it was exactly the way I wanted it. Gf’s was perfect, mine was on the rare side, so he took it back returning very quickly with a perfect medium rare filet.

Note, we brought wine on board... no corkage fee.

Some other random thoughts that have been different on this sailing.... both a skating show and “Welcome Aboard” show offered this night #1. There will also be 2 skating shows mid-day today 1pm and 3pm.

Done at Chops, we headed down to the theatre and caught the remainder of the comedy act for the welcome aboard show. After that, we checked out the nightclub activity which on this cruise is set up down in studio B rather than up in Dizzy’s (Viking Crown). I was surprised by this. Studio B was very empty and not inviting enough to start a party of dancing so to speak... we hung out for a bit dancing and then retired for the night.

A few musings from yesterday... the CL was standing room only at 5pm. Why? I have no clue. Jam yourself into a confined 300sf space with very little seating & zero windows, or go up to the DL to enjoy the majestic views of Washington State as we continued sailaway

34137c6443dcf9e5cd10753e2d2d82d3.jpg

Whidbey Island

6b09827e29fcfdfd42981eb6b1bb8e1f.jpg

d80e5522de7e78cabd10b2fec21b65cb.jpg

Mount Baker in all her glory

d2aa3378fbbb6791b51de3a8d8084fc7.jpg

Today’s a sea day.... chill & relax

This is going to be an interesting review for me to follow. I was born and raised in BC and have spent most of my life there. We moved to Central CA a couple of years ago. It will be neat to see my old home through visitors eyes!
Thank you for following along.

This morning I wandered by the Next Cruise office to see if someone was available. Was surprised to see they had 5 desks and one was free. Booked a 2020 January birthday cruise, Rhapsody out of Tampa.

Enjoying your review, we fly to Seattle tomorrow and will be boarding on Friday. Really excited for our first Pacific Coastal cruise! Where would you recommend going for Sailaway? Is the Diamond Lounge still in the Viking Crown? We are not eligible for CL

Enjoying your review, we fly to Seattle tomorrow and will be boarding on Friday. Really excited for our first Pacific Coastal cruise! Where would you recommend going for Sailaway? Is the Diamond Lounge still in the Viking Crown? We are not eligible for CL
Yes, it is still up there on deck 14. Marie likes deck 11 for the dancing. 12 has a clearer view.